Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

More thoughts on brain rewiring

(26-02-2013, 11:19 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  I talked to the doctor about my lack of physical stamina while exercising. She said my symptoms are most consistent with exercised-induced asthma. My prescribed treatment is usually an inhaler prior to exercising. This may or not be a permanent condition.

Do you find yourself "wheezing" when you run? That and excessive coughing after you stop. Those are the primary symptoms of exercise-induced asthma. Of course, fatigue can result if the asthma restricts the airway to the point your muscles are oxygen-starved. If you find the inhaler helps then the diagnosis could be correct, but the wheezing and coughing are present nearly 100% of the time with EIA. In sports medicine the primary test is to measure your breathing oxygen flow before and after a vigorous treadmill run.

Whatever the cause, I hope you get it figured out soon. You're too young to be old!

Misty

(27-02-2013, 04:53 AM)Misty0732 Wrote:  Do you find yourself "wheezing" when you run? That and excessive coughing after you stop. Those are the primary symptoms of exercise-induced asthma. Of course, fatigue can result if the asthma restricts the airway to the point your muscles are oxygen-starved. If you find the inhaler helps then the diagnosis could be correct, but the wheezing and coughing are present nearly 100% of the time with EIA. In sports medicine the primary test is to measure your breathing oxygen flow before and after a vigorous treadmill run.

Whatever the cause, I hope you get it figured out soon. You're too young to be old!

Misty

Using the inhaler before running has helped. Hopefully it's just a matter of getting back in shape now. Having trouble running certainly makes me feel old I must admit! Sad If things doesn't improve or if my condition worsens, I'll go back to the doctor for some testing.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon