Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Ground Flax Seed

Hi,
I do not see much about ground Flax Seed on this forum. I understand that it has a high estrogen content, but possibly that estrogen is in a form that is not easily used. Does anyone know if it helps with breast development?

Thanks!

Freddy

Flax is a weak phytoestrogen compared to PM. People on this journey typically want more response from their body than a weak phytoestrogen will trigger. You will not usually find us discussing the other dozens of weak phytoestrogens either. What is your source for the declaration that flax seed is high in phytoestrogens?
I do like your avatar. Forgive the phrase but it's ballsy!

First, THANK YOU for your reply.

A number of websites, including:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/100037...-estrogen/

talk about Lignans being a natural source of estrogen, and indicates that flax seed is a dietary source of lignans.

I DO recognize that the internet is a good source of information and mis-information, so I thought I would ask!

Elsewhere on that same website it says:
"Flax Seeds

Flax seeds are one of the most overlooked sources of dietary estrogen, but according to a study undertaken by Canadian researchers and published in the journal "Nutrition and Cancer," flax seeds have a higher phytoestrogen content than both tofu and soybeans per serving. Flax seeds are also a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, protein, vitamins E and B, and the minerals calcium, iron and potassium. Flax seeds can be consumed whole, in a ground meal form or as an oil.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/68092-...z2TqaAS5lQ "

THANKS!

Freddy

Well they aren't lying about any of that... It's more a matter of mis-representation through omission.

What they aren't telling you is that while flax seed IS slightly superior to soy, it's still very very weak. The only really truly strong phytoestrogens are hops and pm.

Hops doesn't have as much phytoestrogen content as any other phytoestrogenic herb, but what it has is only slightly less powerful than what pm has. And it's also pro-aromatase and an anti-androgen. It's a rather intriguing and unique herb, and one I'd almost consider using if it wasn't also extremely good at putting certain people to sleep, my dad being one of them. And since it has that effect on my dad, chances are very very high that I've inherited that tendency as well.

PM has an anti-androgen and is the absolutely strongest phytoestrogen period. It has huge amounts of the stuff and the stuff it has are among the strongest out there. It does nothing for aromatizing your own natural estrogen from testosterone though.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon