Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Stopping nbe

I think I'm going to have to stop my nbe journey. Been taking pm for almost 3 months and sp for longer. I started getting a lot of headaches and insane back pain. It is a shame as I was enjoying the journey however my health has to come first.

It sounds like you may be estrogen dominant. Have you tried taking one week a month off, or maybe adding progesterone cream for one or two weeks out of the month?

Never thought of that maybe I should take a short break.
Thanks misty

Another method to consider that may help is spreading out your pm intake throughout the day, instead of just taking it in the morning and at night. In regards to the back pain, a solution Byrony has mentioned before is to not take any pm after 8 o'clock at night.

I had been undergoing the same sort of reaction. Flamesabers' and Bryony's suggestions to reduce dosage at each point by spreading it around and not taking anything after 8 pm really helped. I not longer suffer from headaches and back pain.

(08-02-2013, 11:42 AM)Kyria Wrote:  I had been undergoing the same sort of reaction. Flamesabers' and Bryony's suggestions to reduce dosage at each point by spreading it around and not taking anything after 8 pm really helped. I not longer suffer from headaches and back pain.

That's actually a symptom of one of the possible side-effects of PM: it's a sugar based reaction, and usually the answer is to take your PM with food and fiber supplements. Also. Make sure the "food" or supplement contains some amount of carbs. As it's a sugar-based reaction, sugars are the answer. Fiber just helps absorption of the food.

I always take my PM first, then my food-based supplements, then eat my morning breakfast about 15 minutes to a half hour later. My morning breakfast being a honey-glazed Onion bagel. Real, New York style bagel. I "honey-glaze" it by putting a swirl of honey on each half, and putting it in my toaster oven at 150 F on Toast setting "2".

PS: For those who drink morning tea with honey and use liquid PM you can also put your drops of PM in your tea and the honey and/or lemon in the tea will provide the carbs and the tea itself the fiber. A very simple and elegant solution Wink

Good and bad news I will be starting pm again shortly waiting for my new batch to arrive and I'm ordering progesterone cream to help with estrogen dominance. Bad news is my lower back pain seems to be related to an injury to my back and not the pills. On a side note even though I stopped pm about 2 weeks ago my chest still aches and appears to still be changing and I have recently noticed my but feels larger and rounder and I'm noticing my hips more.

(23-02-2013, 01:33 PM)Frittam Wrote:  Good and bad news I will be starting pm again shortly waiting for my new batch to arrive and I'm ordering progesterone cream to help with estrogen dominance. Bad news is my lower back pain seems to be related to an injury to my back and not the pills. On a side note even though I stopped pm about 2 weeks ago my chest still aches and appears to still be changing and I have recently noticed my but feels larger and rounder and I'm noticing my hips more.

I'm sorry to hear your back pain is persisting. Sad

Have you seen a doctor for it or perhaps tried wearing a back brace or something? Have your headaches cleared up since you stopped taking pm?

The headaches have stopped and I have been seeing my doctor for my back looking into going for some physio to try and help it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon