Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Estrogen Dominance?

(19-03-2013, 03:01 AM)MonikaT Wrote:  Someone posted this thread link in another thread in this forum last month. I had to go searching through my browser history to find it.

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=5135

Most of the info comes from a book by Dr. Lee. Hopefully it is helpful.
Hi Monika,

I've seen that list of complaints, and I really don't buy it. When you have that many, and the causes can all be pinned down to one problem, which, surprise, surprise can be cured by the application of a product which the author's website conveniently sells, my sceptic bone starts to throb somewhat.

I've copied them below.

Call me a cynic, curmedgeon or what-not, but I'm only surprised the list does not contain housemaid's knee and tennis elbow...

B.

Acceleration of the aging process
Allergy symptoms
Auto-immune disorders
Breast cancer
Breast tenderness**
Cervical dysplasia
Cold hands and feet as a symptom of thyroid dysfunction
Copper excess
Decreased sex drive**
Depression with anxiety or agitation**
Dry eyes
Early onset of menstruation
Endometrial cancer
Fat gain -especially around the abdomen, hips and thighs**
Fibrocystic breasts
Foggy thinking**
Gallbladder disease
Hair loss**
Headaches**
Hypoglycemia
Increased blood clotting
Infertility**
Irregular menstrual cycles**
Irritability
Insomnia**
Magnesium deficiency
Memory loss**
Mood swings**
Osteoporosis
PMS
Polycystic ovaries
Premenopausal bone loss
Prostate cancer (obviously this one is about men)
Sluggish metabolism
Thyroid dysfunction mimicking hypothyroidism
Uterine cancer
Uterine fibroids
Water retention, bloating**
Zinc deficiency

Yes, I am the one who mentioned 3 hours, but I have always said that this is how it appears to work with me, and we are all different, not least in body mass (which is very relevant in drug metabolisation.) My weight varies between 160-168lbs.
---------------------------------------------------------
Well, this thread has been kind of useful to me, because it sort of confirms what I thought. To be honest, I think referring to estrogen dominance is a bit of a misnomer (to say the least...).

I'm perfectly prepared to accept the idea of estrogen overload, or overdose, which may or may not be helped with PG cream (if only for the placebo effect), though as Pansy-Mae warns, it might affect growth.

Personally, I think as PM is bioidentical with the weakest of the 3 estrogens, and the effects wear off quite quickly, the simplest thing when experiencing undesirable symptoms is to reduce your dose.

Just my opinion!

B.

(20-03-2013, 04:34 PM)bryony Wrote:  Hi Monika,

I've seen that list of complaints, and I really don't buy it. When you have that many, and the causes can all be pinned down to one problem, which, surprise, surprise can be cured by the application of a product which the author's website conveniently sells, my sceptic bone starts to throb somewhat.

Call me a cynic, curmedgeon or what-not, but I'm only surprised the list does not contain housemaid's knee and tennis elbow...

B.

While I admit the list is long and varied, is it really any worse than the lists of potential side effects that medications can have? Given how each person is bio-chemically different, it is perfectly reasonable that different people will display a different, potentially-overlapping subset of symptoms. Notice that some of the symptoms from that list are also the same as those for estrogen deficiency. I think the takeaway from that thread is this:

Quote:If the symptoms you have are all the ** ones (shared by both conditions) then you are probably estrogen dominant -normal estrogen with low progesterone.

If you have a lot of the top list and not many of the ** ones then your are probably estrogen dominant -high estrogen with insufficient progesterone.

If you have a lot of the bottom list but also have some ** or also a lot of the top list then you are probably estrogen dominant- low estrogen and even lower progesterone.

If you have mostly bottom list and nothing from the top list but the ** then you are probably estrogen deficient.

The only way to be more certain than this is to have your hormones tested. Your results for all hormone testing will be influenced by what day of your cycle you are tested on. Your estrogen and progesterone levels constantly rise and fall n your cycle.

As I pointed out previously, the issue is often a matter of the ratio of E and PG, just as a male who isn't playing with his hormones can have low, but normal T and high, but normal E, and have symptoms that point toward low T, but until the doctor actually chooses to look at E, the guy suffers needlessly because the ratio is off.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon