Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hoping for more change

(23-02-2013, 01:14 AM)bryony Wrote:  There shouldn't be a problem with taking as much PM in a day as you can afford. There is no known lethal dose in animal models. I would avoid taking any after 8pm, because it affects some people - me at least - if it concentrates overnight, in the form of lower back (kidney?) pain. I've found by trial and error that the mental benefits of 1g lasts me about 3 hours, so I assume all other effects last that long. Given that, the most that I have taken in a day without any ill effects have been about 7g (once) 6g (occasionally) 5g(often).

I think while there is no known lethal dose for pm, taking too much pm may overload your estrogen receptors and stall your breast growth and/or induce estrogen dominance.

At 4-5 grams a day, it would also be a pretty good hit to the wallet as well. 2 to 2 & 1/2 months at most out of a 6 bottle order. At that rate, perhaps one could get a better deal on auto-ship?

(23-02-2013, 08:12 AM)PattiJT Wrote:  At 4-5 grams a day, it would also be a pretty good hit to the wallet as well. 2 to 2 & 1/2 months at most out of a 6 bottle order.

I agree. That's why I get the 12 bottle order and take 4g of pm only 3 days out of the week.

(23-02-2013, 08:12 AM)PattiJT Wrote:  At that rate, perhaps one could get a better deal on auto-ship?

Auto-ship? Huh

I average about 3g/day in a given week. Don't think auto ship works to the UK Smile

There also this delightful tax called VAT at the princely sum of 20% which kicks in if you order above a particular value.

It's a small price to pay for mental stability... I used to get all my other normal medication (I have mild asthma and allergies) for a pre-paid £100 or so per year, but now I'm over 60 I get them for "free" (I paid enough tax in my time).

B.

I have now completed my first week of the changeover to PM. I was taking one 500 mg capsule of PM and two SP each day. I have had no side effects or any physical, mental or emotional changes that I am aware of. I think this means my body has accepted the stronger herb and I can increase my dosage. Therefore, I am now going to increase the daily PM to 2-500 mg caps and continue on with the 2 SP’s for my second week. I’m still not really sure if it is necessary to take the SP with the PM.

(05-03-2013, 09:43 PM)Circeena Wrote:  I’m still not really sure if it is necessary to take the SP with the PM.

I think the necessity of SP is dependant on your age/testosterone level, which are of course related to varying degrees.

If you're in your fifties, you probably shouldn't need it alongside PM. But there are always exceptions, I suppose.

(05-03-2013, 09:43 PM)Circeena Wrote:  Therefore, I am now going to increase the daily PM to 2-500 mg caps and continue on with the 2 SP’s for my second week. I’m still not really sure if it is necessary to take the SP with the PM.

I've never taken sp with pm, so I doubt it's an absolute requirement for pm to be effective. If you want, I suggest taking some time off of sp to see just how things work out for you. If your progress continues satisfactory, you may not need sp to achieve NBE. If it seems like your results start to falter, go back on the sp.

(05-03-2013, 10:03 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  If you're in your fifties, you probably shouldn't need it alongside PM. But there are always exceptions, I suppose.

(05-03-2013, 10:08 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  I've never taken sp with pm, so I doubt it's an absolute requirement for pm to be effective.

Good points. I was going to gradually reduce the SP thinking that may help the PM be more effective but I have nothing to support that idea. That may be a good poll question to ask sometimes.

(06-03-2013, 02:38 AM)Circeena Wrote:  Good points. I was going to gradually reduce the SP thinking that may help the PM be more effective but I have nothing to support that idea. That may be a good poll question to ask sometimes.

A rule of thumb I try to follow is using as few as herbs possible to achieve growth. Not only will this save you money in the long run, it decreases the possibility of herbs competing for the same estrogen receptors. I can't remember who said it, but I remember reading somewhere that pm by itself may be sufficient with decreasing testosterone levels enough to encourage breast growth. I suspect there is some truth to this. I don't know what my testosterone levels are or where they were when I started NBE. However, I would expect at my age, (I'm 26) pm must have decreased my testosterone levels to some extent to facilitate breast growth.

(06-03-2013, 03:30 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  A rule of thumb I try to follow is using as few as herbs possible to achieve growth. Not only will this save you money in the long run, it decreases the possibility of herbs competing for the same estrogen receptors.
I think I'll stop the sp tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon