Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM affecting body odor

Hello everyone.

I know this topic has been mentioned before, but I don't think there is a thread dedicated to it. Anyway, I think pm has changed my body odor but it's difficult for me to identify my new smell. I think while it's reasonable to assume pm can change body odor from a masculine to more of a feminine smell, I'm curious to hear others' experiences or thoughts on this.

(25-02-2013, 12:10 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Hello everyone.

I know this topic has been mentioned before, but I don't think there is a thread dedicated to it. Anyway, I think pm has changed my body odor but it's difficult for me to identify my new smell. I think while it's reasonable to assume pm can change body odor from a masculine to more of a feminine smell, I'm curious to hear others' experiences or thoughts on this.

I have certainly noticed a change, but it's hard for me to say how. There is certainly less from the armpits which is very welcome!

B.

Flamesabers,

Since starting PM, I don't sweat as much as I used to. And, I know what you mean about having a different odor. I think my body odor has been refined somewhat and as you said, it is hard to explain. I think with the female hormones running around in our bodies we do adapt in more ways that just breasts and brain re-wiring. It is reasonable to assume that we also realize many more feminine traits. The sweat glands might be affected as well. At least it is a good thing~!

Regards,
KellyG
[/align]

(25-02-2013, 01:05 AM)KellyG Wrote:  Flamesabers,

Since starting PM, I don't sweat as much as I used to. And, I know what you mean about having a different odor. I think my body odor has been refined somewhat and as you said, it is hard to explain. I think with the female hormones running around in our bodies we do adapt in more ways that just breasts and brain re-wiring. It is reasonable to assume that we also realize many more feminine traits. The sweat glands might be affected as well. At least it is a good thing~!

Regards,
KellyG
[/align]

I also notice I don't sweat as much. While I can't describe the scent of the smell, I think it's not as obvious/repulsive as my body odor could be prior to being on pm. For lack of a better term, it's like it's more of a natural smell that doesn't really offend the olfactory system. I'm perplexed to learn I'm not the only who is unable to fully describe this particular change.Huh

Describing smells is always hard.... like taste (which is very similar, using the olfactory bulb in addition to the qualitative sensors on the tongue) you can only describe them as being like a combination of other smells that are very familiar to other people. Sweat smell is something most people try to remove, so you'd need to be some kind of a sweat researcher (!) to be able to describe a particular kind... a bit like describing a colour to someone born blind.

I think mine is less "foxy" or "skunk" like, if that's any help. Certainly less repulsive... but here's a poser. Maybe it hasn't changed, just that the female rewiring finds it less repellant? Scary thought! Either that, or it smells more female-like which the remaining male part finds less repellant? Sweat researcher, where are you? Big Grin

B.

(26-02-2013, 12:04 AM)bryony Wrote:  Describing smells is always hard.... like taste (which is very similar, using the olfactory bulb in addition to the qualitative sensors on the tongue) you can only describe them as being like a combination of other smells that are very familiar to other people.

I agree. I was hoping someone would be able to come up with a description like how fenugreek extract makes you smell like maple syrup.

(26-02-2013, 12:04 AM)bryony Wrote:  I think mine is less "foxy" or "skunk" like, if that's any help. Certainly less repulsive... but here's a poser. Maybe it hasn't changed, just that the female rewiring finds it less repellant? Scary thought! Either that, or it smells more female-like which the remaining male part finds less repellant? Sweat researcher, where are you? Big Grin

B.

That certainly does sound like a scary thought. Sad

I suppose one way to test your theory is to go to a gym or somewhere people work out. If the guys' body order still has that skunk like smell, than more likely I think it's our own body odor that has changed rather than our interpretation of it. But if other males smell like us, I think that changes everything.

This is encouraging because right now fenugreek makes me smell exactly like the men's locker room at the gym. That smell doesn't come anywhere close to maple syrup. Yuk! I hope more share their experience with PM and body odor.

After three years on pm I have certainly noticed this. I notice zero odor in my shirts even if I wear them several times. I have also noticed a huge increase in my desire to shop for clothing. Smile

(26-02-2013, 01:57 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  After three years on pm I have certainly noticed this. I notice zero odor in my shirts even if I wear them several times.

This sounds like a good change to be looking forward to. Next month will be my first anniversary of taking pm.

(26-02-2013, 01:57 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  I have also noticed a huge increase in my desire to shop for clothing. Smile

For me there's certainly a lot more clothing items on my Amazon wish list now than before being on pm. Big Grin

And Flamsabers you are looking fabulous! Your first year has been a success story that has inspired me. I look forward to seeing your one year anniversary. It just keeps getting better and better!
Regards,
KellyG

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon