Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Klinefelter's syndrome would explain everything???

Has anyone here wondered about Klinefelter’s syndrome and if it’s more prevalent among those of us pursuing NBE or transsexualism? Klinefelter’s syndrome, for those who do not know, is having an extra chromosome on the gender gene. Normal females are XX, normal males are XY and Klinefelter’s are XXY. Those with Klinefelter's however, may not even know they have it or appear "different" to anyone. ABC’s 20/20 did a very interesting story about Chloe Prince who was born Theodore, an apparent male, but in his own words, walked the fence between male and female his whole life. Then one day he was stung by a bee which caused an allergic reaction which in turn wrecked his endocrine system. Shortly after he recovered, he started expressing female body traits (breasts, fat deposits, facial features etc.) and ultimately, he was diagnosed with Klinefelter’s syndrome. He said being diagnosed was the biggest relief of his life. “Everything made sense all of a sudden”. The 6 part story can be seen on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfPdP9J6X2A

Klienfelter’s effects 1 in 500 males so the probability of having it isn’t all that rare. In my town of 6000 people, there are probably 3 with Klinefelter’s. Last week while in the doctors office I saw a doctor I don't normally see and took the opportunity to ask her some questions, “off the record”. I asked her about testing testosterone levels and then about testing for Klinefelter’s syndrome. She said General Practice doctors in her clinic don’t do the testosterone test because they don’t prescribe the remedy. Rather, they refer to an endocrinologist who in turn orders the test and prescribes appropriate medications. As for Klinefelter’s, she said it is a simple blood / genetic test and she could order it but said I should talk to my regular doctor and even then, the test isn't normally ordered without cause. In other words, I can’t just ask to be tested for it, I’d have to convince someone that there is a good reason to do it or present with symptoms. I’d like to have it done because if indeed I have Klinefelter’s, I’d have a diagnosis for the way I am that is medically undisputed. On the other hand, if I don’t have a genetic abnormality (statistically much more likely) I’m still in the same boat with a bunch of stuff on my medical record and a little less money in my pocket.

(12-03-2013, 06:43 PM)doodlebug2055 Wrote:  Has anyone here wondered about Klinefelter’s syndrome and if it’s more prevalent among those of us pursuing NBE or transsexualism?

I'm skeptical of there being any correlation between the two. As far as I know, having Klinefelter’s syndrome doesn't make males more predisposed to having gender dysphoria anymore than breast enlargement does. Just as some males may be distressed about having enlarged breasts, I imagine the same would apply for males with Klinefelter’s syndrome, especially men who really want to father their own children.

(12-03-2013, 06:43 PM)doodlebug2055 Wrote:  In other words, I can’t just ask to be tested for it, I’d have to convince someone that there is a good reason to do it or present with symptoms. I’d like to have it done because if indeed I have Klinefelter’s, I’d have a diagnosis for the way I am that is medically undisputed. On the other hand, if I don’t have a genetic abnormality (statistically much more likely) I’m still in the same boat with a bunch of stuff on my medical record and a little less money in my pocket.

It's a bit of a stretch, but breast enlargement is a symptom of Klinefelter’s syndrome. I'm sure though Klinefelter’s isn't the first thing doctors would test for though. If you've reproduced, it's all the more unlikely you have Klinefelter’s, as most males who have this condition are infertile.

I may be interpreting your post incorrectly, but it sounds to me as if you're searching for a undeniable fact to validate why you've always wanted to be a girl.

Ah... back to the good 'ol intersex vs gd question. This gets raised everywhere that either community exists, over, and over, and over again.

I do find it interesting they won't test your sex chromosomes without some special cause though. Most places I know of, in the states, at least, as long as you pony up the cash or convince insurance to cover it, they'll do it. It is after all, a very simple test.

Maybe she was just referring more about insurance...

Anyways... The chances are that you're JUST GD, but it's possible you're both GD and intersex. You'll never be JUST intersex, since as flamesabers pointed out, there are many intersex who do just fine in the gender role they're assigned at birth.

(12-03-2013, 11:15 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  I may be interpreting your post incorrectly, but it sounds to me as if you're searching for a undeniable fact to validate why you've always wanted to be a girl.

Yeah, there's a lot of truth to that. In the 20/20 story, the guy had gender issues first (and 2 kids) then later found out he had Klinefelter's. Maybe he was able to have kids because his endocrine system was functioning like that of someone without Klinefelter's though. I kinda wish that would happen to me - at least the romanticized version I have in my head. The conflict it has brought about in his (now her) marriage is not enviable nor is the consequences her children might have to deal with.

(13-03-2013, 12:08 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Ah... back to the good 'ol intersex vs gd question. This gets raised everywhere that either community exists, over, and over, and over again.

Well, I know how everyone hates to rehash things that have been discussed so I searched for Klinefelter's and found nothing here.

(13-03-2013, 12:08 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I do find it interesting they won't test your sex chromosomes without some special cause though. Most places I know of, in the states, at least, as long as you pony up the cash or convince insurance to cover it, they'll do it. It is after all, a very simple test.

I could probably talk my Doctor into doing it but I know, the odds of me having Klinefelter's are low. So do I want it bad enough to do something or is it just wishful thinking? I think the later. I know what you said (below) is true but I'm just "dreaming" a little. Maybe my OP is a little confusing because it combines something factual with something emotional.

(13-03-2013, 12:08 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Anyways... The chances are that you're JUST GD, but it's possible you're both GD and intersex. You'll never be JUST intersex, since as flamesabers pointed out, there are many intersex who do just fine in the gender role they're assigned at birth.

(13-03-2013, 01:40 AM)doodlebug2055 Wrote:  
(13-03-2013, 12:08 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Ah... back to the good 'ol intersex vs gd question. This gets raised everywhere that either community exists, over, and over, and over again.

Well, I know how everyone hates to rehash things that have been discussed so I searched for Klinefelter's and found nothing here.

(13-03-2013, 12:08 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I do find it interesting they won't test your sex chromosomes without some special cause though. Most places I know of, in the states, at least, as long as you pony up the cash or convince insurance to cover it, they'll do it. It is after all, a very simple test.

I could probably talk my Doctor into doing it but I know, the odds of me having Klinefelter's are low. So do I want it bad enough to do something or is it just wishful thinking? I think the later. I know what you said (below) is true but I'm just "dreaming" a little. Maybe my OP is a little confusing because it combines something factual with something emotional.

(13-03-2013, 12:08 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Anyways... The chances are that you're JUST GD, but it's possible you're both GD and intersex. You'll never be JUST intersex, since as flamesabers pointed out, there are many intersex who do just fine in the gender role they're assigned at birth.

S'ok. I don't believe intersex has come up here yet. I guess people here just assume themselves not to be intersex for the most part, or know they are or are not and don't really feel it has any bearing, since it largely doesn't.

And... I've had that dream too! I know what it's like! But the further I get into all this stuff, the more sure I'm becoming that I'm not intersex at all. I might have had a quirky hormone imbalance, but that's all it was.

I might yet prove to have something, though almost surely not Klinefelter's.

(13-03-2013, 01:40 AM)doodlebug2055 Wrote:  I could probably talk my Doctor into doing it but I know, the odds of me having Klinefelter's are low. So do I want it bad enough to do something or is it just wishful thinking? I think the later. I know what you said (below) is true but I'm just "dreaming" a little. Maybe my OP is a little confusing because it combines something factual with something emotional.

Doodlebug, I think even if you are both GD and intersex, there are still some issues to resolve. For example, would your perspective be that you have GD because you're intersex? Or would you consider the two independent of each other?

I get the impression that being intersex would be a convenient explanation for why you have GD. In other words, intersex would be the culprit for your GD, and not your gender identity. The people around you and perhaps society at large may be more accepting of your GD and may even pity you if that was the case. After all, society or whoever may see you as a man who identifies and likes being a man, but has GD only because he was born intersex.

I think the larger question is how do you feel about yourself. Do you wish you could make your GD disappear just like that and enjoy being and living as a male? Or do you accept and maybe even cherish your female identity as an important part of who you are, despite the unhappiness this conflict creates for you?

I don't intend to trivialize or change the subject but imagine a crossdresser who's looking for a woman that not only accepts him for who he is, but actively encourages crossdressing. If he ever gets caught by someone, rather than admitting that he likes to crossdress, he could say something like 'he crossdresses because it really turns on his wife.' Using such excuses is convenient for him because he gets to enjoy crossdressing without anyone actually knowing how he really feels. If it wasn't for his wife, people would think he would be like the average typical male who has zero interest in crossdressing.

(13-03-2013, 02:19 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  S'ok. I don't believe intersex has come up here yet. I guess people here just assume themselves not to be intersex for the most part, or know they are or are not and don't really feel it has any bearing, since it largely doesn't.

I agree. I probably would have had to experience a stunted or delayed puberty before making such an assumption. Not growing facial hair would've definitely been a blessing for me,Smile but I doubt I would consider something like that to be the source of my GD.

(13-03-2013, 02:35 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Doodlebug, I think even if you are both GD and intersex, there are still some issues to resolve. For example, would your perspective be that you have GD because you're intersex? Or would you consider the two independent of each other?

Independent

(13-03-2013, 02:35 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I get the impression that being intersex would be a convenient explanation for why you have GD. In other words, intersex would be the culprit for your GD, and not your gender identity. The people around you and perhaps society at large may be more accepting of your GD and may even pity you if that was the case. After all, society or whoever may see you as a man who identifies and likes being a man, but has GD only because he was born intersex.

Yes, I think having klinefelter's would be a convenient explanation and that is, for some reason, what I want. Perhaps it's the easiest solution to my dilemma.

(13-03-2013, 02:35 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I think the larger question is how do you feel about yourself. Do you wish you could make your GD disappear just like that and enjoy being and living as a male? Or do you accept and maybe even cherish your female identity as an important part of who you are, despite the unhappiness this conflict creates for you?

You have asked a very hard question and have nailed my two demons perfectly. My initial thought is that I (emphasis on I) don't really have a problem with my female desires and tenancies but I feel pressure from somewhere to "fix" them, like I'm not SUPPOSED to be this way or it's some sort of illness or defect. Does that make any sense? Your questions are revealing my own confusion so I can only imagine how unsure of myself I must look to you. I guess I want someone or something to tell me I'm OK. I would like some justification for the way I am and for that to be very compelling. ...I never thought I was this insecure about all this until now and I'm kind of fearful of what I've revealed to everyone. Is it OK to be confused here?

Being gender dysphoric is certainly one of the most difficult challenges a person might face. The cause is debated. Is it genetic, congenital, or a result of emotional trauma at an early age. There is theory supporting all of these as probable cause.

Having been gender dysphoric all of my life I will confidently say based both in study and personal experience that GD is not something a person does. GD is a state of being; it is who I am.

Thankfully after many years I finally understand that though I am broken (I prefer to call my condition gender brokenness) I am not bad, evil, wicked, etc. any more than someone born with Downs Syndrome is bad, evil, etc. Sadly most others haven't embraced that understanding and so we who are so challenged will struggle.

Our struggle? How do we effectively deal with this very real affliction. Suppress it if you want, but it "oozes out" around the seams. This ooze is what became the basis for my wife's decision to to divorce me. I didn't want the divorce, I didn't want the condition, I didn't want the "ooze", but no doubt many (most) quadriplegics don't want the wheel chair either.

After 50+ years of experience I have come to the conclusion suppression isn't the proper way to deal with my brokenness. Enter NBE.

Will this work for me? Well let's see, suppression hasn't worked, it causes untold inner turmoil, has led to the destruction of my home and family, I am sure contributes to my elevated blood pressure - stop.

When you see a doctor who practices medicine he diagnoses you, and if the condition warrants it, gives you a medication that is designed to relieve the symptoms. If you respond well, great. If you react, he changes the medication. And he continues to "practice" until he gets it right. Hopefully you get better and not worse, or worse, die. Doctors call what they do a practice for very good reason.

Ever watch television and see the commercials for this or that drug. Picture after picture shows just how happy your life will be once you are on this or that drug while in the background the disclosure statement is read. Ever listen to those disclosures? My, my, has anyone never thought that the cure is more deadly than the condition?

Suppression doesn't work. So I am going to attempt a different medication. NBE. The disclosure statement says it very likely will feminize my body. Oddly that doesn't sound near as bad as the ooze I've lived with all my life.

Just finished my second full day of FG/RC/SP. Haven't noticed any side effects yet, except that I am not so anxious about living with ooze the rest of my life. Smile

God certainly is good.

Whether Klinefelters is linked to GD I know not. As I understand it, Chloe believes it explains her lifelong struggle with her gender identity. Whatever the cause; GD in a very real way fashions who we are. It molds our state of being. Our challenge, as is everyone's - being the best person we can be.

I believe that just possibly NBE can assist me in that quest, regardless of my brokenness's origin.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon