Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How trangenderism reinforces sexism.

I see both sides here. I am quite spiritual and truly believe in the actual phenomenon of being born in the "wrong body." Reincarnation can have one be a male in one's current life while they may have been a female in a previous life. Not saying this is every mtf or bi gender's case.

Also. This strange phenomena does seem to exist with those who believe they were born the "wrong race." Some truly identify with a culture completely different from their own and even convert to culture's religion. Some hate ;their skin color to the point of shame. Again, this isn't every person's case.
Just my opinion.

But what these two different types of people have in common is identifying with what's familiar within them rather than "what's wrong" (which is how someone on the outside may see it). This identifying factor may indeed be more of a spiritual explanation than a physiological, syndrome, disorder, or disease to explain why one would feel they should have born the other gender, meanwhile their brain and body function biologically just fine as it should. I feel they are dismissing the possibility of a spiritual explanation.

"Why is what they identify with so familiar and comfortable? Yet they have never known what its like to actually function as a biological female, or being raised as one?

Now my question has always been, why does it seem to be alot more mtfs than ftms? I think i have found my answer from another recent thread here so i wont get into that.

So what is it to be female? Are we talking lady parts here? Or is it beyond that? Familiarity of an unexplainable, once had female experience? (As in been before, some other lifetime).

(14-03-2013, 04:32 AM)tibetan113 Wrote:  I see both sides here. I am quite spiritual and truly believe in the actual phenomenon of being born in the "wrong body." Reincarnation can have one be a male in one's current life while they may have been a female in a previous life. Not saying this is every mtf or bi gender's case.

I am also quite spiritual, but I do not believe in reincarnation. My own explanation is that I am of a female spirit, and was put by God into this male body to be tested.

I believe I had been until rather recently failing the test. Wink

(14-03-2013, 04:42 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(14-03-2013, 04:32 AM)tibetan113 Wrote:  I see both sides here. I am quite spiritual and truly believe in the actual phenomenon of being born in the "wrong body." Reincarnation can have one be a male in one's current life while they may have been a female in a previous life. Not saying this is every mtf or bi gender's case.

I am also quite spiritual, but I do not believe in reincarnation. My own explanation is that I am of a female spirit, and was put by God into this male body to be tested.

I believe I had been until rather recently failing the test. Wink

As crazy as it sounds, i talk to the dead. And often. Reincarnation though may skip one in lets say a thousand, actually DOES exist. Most are reincarnated. I dread the blasted idea but i have learned i was once male before but my preference is female. It was also confirmed by my spiritual guides. Btw. I too played w both dolls and legos. Ninja turtles. Def not a girly girl. Well. Not until adulthood. Trust me. You abi are no new soul. New souls generally don't fight their given genders. You are too advanced and particular Winkto be on life #1. Sounds like female is your preference too Smile

Just incase anyone wondered... gays lesbos trans pans and any in between dont go to a place called Hell. Big Grin

(14-03-2013, 03:58 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  And why's it a $64,000 question? You just using the number cuz it sounded heavy? Hyperbole. Misleading vividness. More false analogy. Appeal to Nature. Must I go on?

I'm showing my age, and hopefully you see this before the thread is gone, but many years a go, there was a game show called The $64,000 Question in which a person claiming expertise in a particular area would answer questions of increasing difficulty with correspondingly increasing dollar amounts. Dr. Joyce Brothers (a psychologist who was popular on talk shows in the 70s and 80s) became famous answering questions about either sports in general, or the specific sport of boxing, I'm not sure which. In the 70s, the show was resurrected as The $128,000 Question. I never saw the original, but I did see that newer version. As I recall, the money doubled with each question, thus $100, $200, $400, etc. on up to $64,000 or some similar progression. Since then, it has become a figure of speech to refer to a difficult question as "the $64,000 question."

Yay! A non-serious post to have some fun with for a change!Why am I not surprised to find religious underpinnings to this troll post?
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  The $64,000 question is of course...
is did you know the show that reference is from was tossed onto the scrapheap of history because it was corrupt and deceived it's audience? I think I'm starting to see a trend in this post.
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  But in order to claim you know, you must have some IDEA, some stereotype, of what that feeling is, how a “female brain” should be.
Nobody knows how the female brain works. Just ask any man. Or any woman.
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  That’s offensive.
I know I am, but what are you? (in my best Pee-wee Herman voice)
or...
It's not about you, dude.
or...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what do you see and what does that say about you?
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  ... it’s all a bunch of stereotypes all lined up. ...
Can you make your argument without these? Oh, right. People in your field (slightly right of whacky) believe they get to use the methods they tell others not to use.
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  Well, newsflash, plenty of born girls don’t like pink, don’t like princess, prefer "BOY" subjects, wouldn’t be caught dead in a dress, like sports, and prefer to play with boys. And they’re NOT TRANS*...
Of course they are. The women's movements for the last century or so has just made it ok for women to move off the gender binary. There just hasn't been any men's movements of this nature. Fortunately for me, I had a spectacular movement this morning so I'm good.
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  Its better to smash gender entirely...
Yes, but unless you want to post something about how to make this happen (which doesn't mean tell the men they can't want what you see as feminine attributes), then you aren't really behind this statement. I think it is really cool how you left ftm right out of your silly tirade. Have you had your penis removed yet, or are we supposed to think you were born a female? Good one!
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  But when it turns into “I’m really a woman inside” – that’s a line crossed.
This sounds awesome. You're clearly someone who doesn't think lines should be crossed. No sir. Nobody should offend anyone else. Except you. Of course.
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  As a real woman, I never wake up “feeling like a woman”...
Get your penis removed, it may help.
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  I’m a “person” born in a woman’s body, I guess.
Yes, there are lots of folks on this board that feel exactly the same way. you certainly have our sympathy on that.
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  For further reading here is some articles on detransitioning and those who regret their sex changes...
Bet these folks wish they had found this group and PM. Could have saved themselves a lot of time money and trouble. Plus they could have kept their lovely boobies.
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  Someone not willing to believe cutting off your penis or growing "boobs" is what makes you a woman, is not transphobic.
I agree whole heartedly. Because it's true. Transphobic comes from hate, not observation. Very much like your post. You know where you say not getting the football means you can't get your car started on cold days because carrots used to be purple.
(14-03-2013, 12:54 AM)Zipporah Wrote:  ... to our children and to society.
Yay! Full circle! Starting with religious references and finishing with them. You wouldn't happen to be associated with an organization that has the word "family" in it's name would you? No, not you. You're not a nut-job hate-monger are you? That would be those perverts trying to find ways to sneak into little girl's bathrooms to assault them, wouldn't it?

Yuck. I need mouthwash just from responding to this trash.

(14-03-2013, 01:53 PM)sfem Wrote:  Nobody knows how the female brain works. Just ask any man. Or any woman.

I honestly laughed out loud for real. Thank you for that.

(14-03-2013, 01:53 PM)sfem Wrote:  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I thought beauty was in the eye of the _beerholder_. Tongue

(14-03-2013, 02:23 PM)MonikaT Wrote:  I thought beauty was in the eye of the _beerholder_. Tongue

Well, it is. But then the second half of the sentence would have changed, something like:

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. Hey good-lookin', pass me another one!

(14-03-2013, 12:19 PM)MonikaT Wrote:  In the 70s, the show was resurrected as The $128,000 Question. I never saw the original, but I did see that newer version. As I recall, the money doubled with each question, thus $100, $200, $400, etc. on up to $64,000 or some similar progression. Since then, it has become a figure of speech to refer to a difficult question as "the $64,000 question."

When I hear this reference I think about the show 'who wants to be a millionaire.'

No wonder I get this reference wrong. The actual reference was way before my time. Tongue

(14-03-2013, 03:16 AM)Misty0732 Wrote:  It seems to me that "Zipporah" is simply a troll who joined today, posted the same "rant" in three separate forums, and did so with the specific intention of propagating a very specific socio-political message. I'm sure the intention is to push buttons and ruffle feathers.

IMHO, we should simply ignore the posts.

Misty

I had the same thought ... unfortunately after I posted a reply Smile

B.

This is a very interesting thread
I wish more people woild have constructed logical responses than to attack simply because they feel attacked. She has an opinion, ignore her ass if you dont like it or have constructive things to sah.
On another note, Tibetan you are an amazing soul, Ive always thought and now I was prompted to say it. I am very very spiritual as well. I believe all things existing in our universe is energy. Including us and our enironment. The human experience to me, is this energy within a male or female body: a body. Now while I agree that there are generally accepted ways of viewing gender, they are not concrete. We can see this as they vary not only from person to perspn but also to societies. I think think this hints at the fact that therw is no supposed way a person of any gender SHOULD be that is held as rule or law.The only rule is that females share certain body parts as do males. Nor do I beleive our energy has a specified gender. We are what we are in this universe and honestly being a person in a body is a small part of it. Now I dont agree with having a wrong body as that could never be in my understanding of the universe. I mah once have been a star, a rock or whatever. If I was born male I would love myself no less, I will always be the same me! Your body has a gender, you do not.

We dont all have to agree but at least lets try to understand others so that we may better understand ourselves. Maybe ppl are just addressibg the wrong issues, asvTibetan said.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon