Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My plan.

(29-03-2013, 08:55 PM)Lots Wrote:  Without wanting to disclose too much about my family (I hate sharing personal information over the internet...); don't worry, my parents aren't a problem here.

(28-03-2013, 08:11 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  I've never made much use of the measuring tape. To me it seems like it's too easy to get overly optimistic or conservative numbers with a measuring tape.
So I should rather compare using photos than numbers?

Personally I've always done both at regular intervals ( every 2 months). That fits my fairly slow progress, and any more frequent just gets depressing because nothing seems to be happening.
The tape in particular tells much less than the full story because, unless you get lots of measurements each time, it doesn't give any indication of the changes in shape, which are actually more significant than the 3 basic 'above, nipples, under' figures.

Hmm...that bottle of PM is depleting faster than I thought Rolleyes
I think I'm taking more than I intended, but I can only estimate, I don't have an accurate enough weighing scale.
Is there any estimate of how much a gram of PM powder is? I'm currently taking around half a teaspoon, but apparently that's not right. Or do I need to get an accurate scale? Rolleyes
Dumb question, I know, but I'm just hoping someone had to deal with it already and knows how to get around a gram of PM out of the bottle without an accurate scale.
Thanks in advance. Smile

By my reckoning, a level teaspoonful of PM is 2.5 grams - but not all measuring teaspoons are born equal. So assuming an accurate half teaspoon measure you have been taking 1.25 grams which is slightly more than you intended but not by much. In the alternative, one gram of PM is 2cc if you have something that will measure that volume (a metric teaspoon is I understand 5cc, a North American teaspoon a very small amount less).

Thanks for your response, AnnabelP Smile
My plan appears to be working, because my nipples started budding a few days ago!
I quite honestly wasn't expecting progress so quickly :o

Copy pasted this from my thread about not getting a spoon with my PM powder. http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=11988&page=3

Seems like everyone who responded had a different answer though ;p. since chrishoney used a scale, i have been using these numbers when i use the powder. Although the fact that 1/4 tsp is less than half of 1/2 can't be right. lmao I assume its 1/4 is 680mg, 1/2 1360.....Enjoy.

chrishoney:5004 Wrote:OK, so I'm the smarty with a milligram scale right? I just realized I could measure a 1/4 and 1/2 tsp for you---duh! :oops:

Using Ainterol bulk PM, this is what I got for level tsp measurements:

1/4 tsp = 608 mg
1/2 tsp = 1360 mg

The measurement error above is due to using my kitchen tsp measures which are definitely NOT well calibrated, so take those mg equivalents as ballpark figures. The 1/4 tsp milligram equivalent is very close to what Pansy-Mae reported she read elsewhere. Doesn't hurt to have corroboration.

Hope this helps.

(12-04-2013, 02:48 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Copy pasted this from my thread about not getting a spoon with my PM powder. http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=11988&page=3

Seems like everyone who responded had a different answer though ;p. since chrishoney used a scale, i have been using these numbers when i use the powder. Although the fact that 1/4 tsp is less than half of 1/2 can't be right. lmao I assume its 1/4 is 680mg, 1/2 1360.....Enjoy.

chrishoney:5004 Wrote:OK, so I'm the smarty with a milligram scale right? I just realized I could measure a 1/4 and 1/2 tsp for you---duh! :oops:

Using Ainterol bulk PM, this is what I got for level tsp measurements:

1/4 tsp = 608 mg
1/2 tsp = 1360 mg

The measurement error above is due to using my kitchen tsp measures which are definitely NOT well calibrated, so take those mg equivalents as ballpark figures. The 1/4 tsp milligram equivalent is very close to what Pansy-Mae reported she read elsewhere. Doesn't hurt to have corroboration.

Hope this helps.

Nope, 608 mg is NOT supposed to be 680 mg. The apparent discrepancy results from uncalibrated measurement instruments and measurement error. I was actually searching half-heartedly for that post, thanks for the recap.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon