Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Starting PM: Dosage suggestion?

I had that in the early stages too. Reduce the amount and frequency you are taking untill it goes away. Give your body a chance to adapt and it may be that you can increase your dose again at a later stage.

(21-03-2013, 03:02 PM)andielee Wrote:  just start PM yesterday have muscle cramp around calves area for both legs, you think is this PM related?

I agree with sfem about giving your body a chance to adapt. I haven't heard of this being a side-effect of pm, so I would say no. I suppose either you can continue taking pm and hopefully this symptom goes away on its own, or you can take a break from pm to see if the symptom dissipates as soon as you stop taking pm.

(21-03-2013, 03:02 PM)andielee Wrote:  just start PM yesterday have muscle cramp around calves area for both legs, you think is this PM related?

Hi andielee,

You may need to drink more water. When I don't drink enough, I get leg cramps. Mainly in the thighs, sometimes in the calves.

You may also need to adjust your salt intake, careful here though, too little and you will get cramps, too much and your blood pressure will go up.

BigDave

(21-03-2013, 03:52 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  

I agree with sfem about giving your body a chance to adapt. I haven't heard of this being a side-effect of pm, so I would say no. I suppose either you can continue taking pm and hopefully this symptom goes away on its own, or you can take a break from pm to see if the symptom dissipates as soon as you stop taking pm.

Sorry I've only just seen this thread. I get calf cramps and they are definitely PM related. I've not found anything that really helps ( apart from stopping PM!).
Wishful has the same problem I believe.

(25-03-2013, 05:19 PM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  
(21-03-2013, 03:52 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  

Sorry I've only just seen this thread. I get calf cramps and they are definitely PM related. I've not found anything that really helps ( apart from stopping PM!).
Wishful has the same problem I believe.

As usual, I'm having an unusual reaction. I had problems with cramps in my calves (usually in my sleep) prior to starting PM. I know leg cramps can be a sign of blood clots. It can also be a deficiency of calcium and/or magnesium and/or potassium. I can't take potassium because of a medication I take that can increase potassium levels. I tried taking calcium and magnesium throughout the day and especially at bed time. None of this worked. I just realized I haven't been getting cramps in my calves lately, and it seems to coincide with starting PM, but then I'm only taking 500 mg twice per day. I haven't increased my calcium or magnesium intake.

I do not think the muscle cramp is related to PM it probably just coincide[/align]

been on PM 500mg per day for a week, do not feel anything yet

ready to upgrade to 1000mg per day tomorrow

(27-03-2013, 06:59 AM)andielee Wrote:  been on PM 500mg per day for a week, do not feel anything yet

ready to upgrade to 1000mg per day tomorrow

You may have to get to 2,000 mg before you start to feel something.

Any changes with your muscle cramps?

do not thin muscle cramps is pm related but it improved

will stay at 1000mg for the following month, no obvious change notice but have some new hair grow around my forehead

Andielee,
If I didn't know that you were doing NBE and you told me you were having cramps, I'd suggest drinking some Gatorade. It might be that your electrolytes are messed up. ...It's worth a try.

BTW, I'm working on my NBE like you. When I first came here I concluded that I needed to be at 2000-3000mg PM per day to get results so I started out with 1000 right away. My body disagreed! So now I'm working my way up much slower than what many say is possible. After a month of working on NBE, I'm finally moving to 1500mg PM today + "condiments". I'm really interested in seeing how those of us at lower doses fare in this process.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon