Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Richard O'Brien "I'm 70% male"

Very interesting article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21788238

The article is a good one. Thank you for sharing the link. I identify with quite a bit of what is in it.

Yeah, thanks for sharing that Patti.

Quoting the article,
"It's my belief that we are on a continuum between male and female. There are people who are hardwired male and there are people who are hardwired female, but most of us are on that continuum and I believe myself probably to be about 70% male, 30% female."

I've said that before - even on this forum. It's nice to see my theory reinforced outside of forums like our. I feel like I'm closer to 40% female and 60% male though. Judging by his picture though, I'd say he's a little more feminine than he thinks ...but that's not for me to decide I guess.

70% or not, I'd want FFS before I posed in that dress.... I know it's social conditioning, but a male face on top of an otherwise feminie body is too freakish for me. Otherwise, I identify with most of what he says too.

Maybe there is scope for a "70percent club" Smile

(21-03-2013, 12:21 AM)bryony Wrote:  Maybe there is scope for a "70percent club" Smile

What does 70% male mean? I'm not sure why exactly, but I would like to quantify this into something more definite. How would individuals with no gender dysphoria measure up to this standard? Would they be 100% birth sex or maybe 90%?

I'm hesitant to try to assign a percentage to my own gender identity.

(21-03-2013, 12:36 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(21-03-2013, 12:21 AM)bryony Wrote:  Maybe there is scope for a "70percent club" Smile

What does 70% male mean? I'm not sure why exactly, but I would like to quantify this into something more definite. How would individuals with no gender dysphoria measure up to this standard? Would they be 100% birth sex or maybe 90%?

Years ago, BBC did a series about brain sex. I think it was called 'What Sex Are You?" I remember seeing it on PBS here in America. Online, there was a test one could take that was broken into several areas. As I recall, overall, I was about halfway between the middle and the extreme male end. The test measured spatial ability (a male trait), the ability to interpret facial expressions (a female trait), relative finger lengths, and a number of other things. I'm not sure how valid the whole thing was, but the overall message I took away is that few people are entirely male or female. Then again, I wonder how much of what we consider male or female is societal as opposed to innate.

(21-03-2013, 12:36 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  

No real way of doing it definitively, IMO. Personally I've always said I'm right in the middle i.e 50%, but that says more about how I feel about myself, than it does about any kind of recogniseable scale.

Just to clarify, the Smile was there to represent it as an example of my irrepressible quirky humour.

B.

(21-03-2013, 07:19 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  No real way of doing it definitively, IMO. Personally I've always said I'm right in the middle i.e 50%, but that says more about how I feel about myself, than it does about any kind of recogniseable scale.

It is an interesting concept I think if only it had some kind of recognizable scale. It would be a useful tool for gauging to what extent an individual has gender dysphoria/cross gender identification. For example, 70% male could mean a male has an interest in crossdressing, but otherwise prefers to live as a male.

(21-03-2013, 01:25 PM)bryony Wrote:  Just to clarify, the Smile was there to represent it as an example of my irrepressible quirky humour.

B.

I must admit, the 70% club sounds like an interesting name that doesn't tell the world what the club is about or why do people join. It would almost be like a secret society of sorts.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon