Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

No growth pains

One other thing to consider is thyroid function. I remember reading somewhere that low thyroid will interfere with breast growth. I just don't remember where I read it.

Also, standardized SP extract comes in both 160 mg and 320 mg capsules. You might also need SN and/or pygeum.

Well apart from the hair I don't think I have any other symptoms of high dht. But I will try and find another sp or I'll just wait till I run out of my current supply of PM and then try something else. I thing I have noticed is that my butt and thighs seem to be getting somewhat bigger Wink

(24-04-2013, 12:30 PM)Kuzzy Wrote:  Well apart from the hair I don't think I have any other symptoms of high dht. But I will try and find another sp or I'll just wait till I run out of my current supply of PM and then try something else. I thing I have noticed is that my butt and thighs seem to be getting somewhat bigger Wink

Monika mentioned that low thyroid can cause lack of breast growth... What she DIDN'T mention, but is applicable, is that low thyroid can ALSO cause body hair distribution... changes.

What are your eyebrows like? If you have excessive body hair but are missing the outer third to two thirds of your eyebrow AND aren't getting breast growth no matter what you try.... You could have low thyroid.

As for SP... I agree. Get a standardized extract. Whole fruit just doesn't work very well. I use 3x 320mg of standardized, or 960mg spaced evenly through the day. I find that between this, chinese skullcap, and spearmint, as well as the anti-androgenic properties of estrogenic compounds, my T levels are much more manageable.

Saw palmetto targets DHT as mentioned... but by preventing T from being made into DHT your free and total T will go up, which you don't really want either, which is what chinese skullcap is for, it blocks the production of T from androsteniodone. Spearmint prevents any extra that doesn't get killed off by the other two from binding to T receptors by clogging them up with an inert compound.

Anyhoo... You can read my program thread for more on that.

I have found I have low thyroid as well and I'm taking a thyroid glandular that's doing wonders for it. Again, I believe I've made mention of it somewhere in my program thread.

I appeared to have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. My TSH was 4.65, my T3 and T4 were still sort of normal but on the low side, my thyroid was enlarged, and my eyebrows could give Peter Gallagher a run for his money if I didn't trim them weekly. At no time did I lose the outer third of my eyebrows which made it hard to convince this one doctor that I needed thyroid medication regardless of having most of the other symptoms of hypothyroidism like fatigue, low body temperature, inability to tolerate heat and cold, and I forget the rest. To make matters worse, in thyroiditis the thyroid will temporarily over-produce shortly before it burns out, and one nurse practitioner freaked out and cut my dose to almost nothing saying she didn't think I needed it, and she's the one who diagnosed the thyroiditis in the first place! I'm on a natural thyroid extract, but every doctor or nurse practitioner insists on using TSH as the master test, regardless of what Free T3 and Free T4 might be. There are a lot of people with sub-clinical hypothyroidism who are going untreated. If TSH is above 2, and there are other symptoms, most people would benefit from a little extra thyroid hromone like Naturethroid or Armour thyroid extract which typically requires a prescription.

I forgot to mention that after the NP cut my thyroid medication to almost nothing, my TSH climbed to 30. I STILL had thick, bushy eyebrows even after taking six months to gradually increase the medication dose by 30 mg at a time every six weeks or so. So, at least in my case, eyebrows were not a good indicator of anything, maybe because of high DHT, I don't know since nobody has ever measured my DHT level.

Yeah. It certainly doesn't HAVE to be a present symptom... but IF IT IS PRESENT.... There's very little else that'll cause an eyebrow to grow like that.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon