Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Doctors can be so mean!!! Also, my NBE program what do you all think??

Hey everyone, so I went to the doctors telling her I think I might have a hormone imbalance because I am so sleepy, moody, get depressed, irregular periods (range from every 28 days, to two weeks late, you name it) which she told me the average period is 21 days. Um, what? Ever notice medical facts constantly change? I also have very small underdeveloped breasts and she told me that's life and I could get a BA if I wanted to eventually fix this problem. I have slight digestion problems, constipation problems, bloat alllll the time! I'm not allergic to anything, and I have had cysts burst on my ovaries which I was told is normal but to get medical attention if the pain does not subside. I grew a few hairs on my upper lip and a couple long ones on my chin. Nothing anyone else could notice, but its not usual for me. My arm hair has looked more ridiculous then ever! And maintaining weight is a constant up and down cycle for me, but I eat 1500 cal. and workout same amount every week. I am sure if I do have an imbalance its probably real slight. I am getting blood work done soon, and will go from there afterwards! My assumption is that I have slightly low progesterone (tubular small breasts may be a sign of this), and some imbalance with male hormones. she kept urging me to get birth control, but I do not want that while doing NBE. She also made herbs sound scary and said she doesn't recommend it, but I think doctors like to prescribe stuff too much to be honest. Does this sound normal or do you think something may be off? I'm going to talk to an all-natural doctor this week.

Anyways here's my plan:
-Maca powder to balance hormones and if this does not work then I will try vitex.
-Once they are balanced, I will take PM for first 12 days, then fenugreek+wild yam the remaining days. I am under the assumption to take progesterone and estrogen together, could this be wrong for underdeveloped breasts?
- progesterone cream with chi massage(Should I do this every day or only for first 12 days and then try different cream for remaining days?)

I've got back up ideas too so I don't get all discouraged!!!
Wondering how much I should take of PM, fenugreek, and wild yam. Any suggestions? Has this been successful for others?
I'm excited and everyone on here has motivated me so much and has given me hope. Here's an embarrassing and awkward starting pic of me....if anyone had similar appearance and found something that worked please inform me!

21 days? Is she talking about the days BETWEEN "periods"? As in monthly visitor? Because those are on average about a week long and the average cycle is about 28 days making the days between average 21.

The only logic that seems to work for that for me...

Anyhoo! Nice to meet you! Good luck!

Thats what I thought and I said really I thought periods were every 28 days? and she said no they are every 21 days for most women. Idk but she did not give much of an ear to my concerns so whatever!! Haha and thanks nice to meet you!

Dont get discouraged by what the doctors said. When my late parents got cancer, the doctors only wanted to put them to dead (get your affairs in order was what they advised us). With extra herbal pills (eastern medicine) we were able to buy our late parents extra few more months that most cancer patients would die within 3 months in such last stage.

Anyway, 12+ yrs ago, I stumbled on line and found progesterone would help my excruciating cramping pain. I asked my obgyn, she refused to order that for me. I then did for myself, bought my own and put on my tummy each time I felt pain so the lesson was listen to your body and do your own research. Doctors do not know everything. They only go by the Book.

-V

(08-05-2013, 05:04 AM)CancerStrikes2 Wrote:  Anyway, 12+ yrs ago, I stumbled on line and found progesterone would help my excruciating cramping pain. I asked my obgyn, she refused to order that for me. I then did for myself, bought my own and put on my tummy each time I felt pain so the lesson was listen to your body and do your own research. Doctors do not know everything. They only go by the Book.

-V

If that's the case, then the "book" claiming that it's 21 days for a cycle now is VERY worrying. Cycles DEFINITELY should NOT be that short! And if the average cycle length really is shortening, something is poisoning our girls.

Wow that is awesome I always knew herbs were powerful!! I love all natural and sometimes I think it's more effective then the crap they give. Did you hear about doctors putting vitamin C into cancer patients chemotherapy? I'd have to do more research on it, but all it takes sometimes is using natural resources that God provides for us, so cool! And that's exactly what I thought with the 21 days cycle!!! (replying to both of your messages in this sorry) but ya what could possibly be in our food, water, air, whatever, that is making their cycle shorter!! I think she was way off to be honest, or wasn't good at explaining what she meant because that can't be right.

I haven't been to a Doctor in over a year besides my pap smear, they are all like that. I was told by "doctors" when I was diagnosed with cancer that I would need to go through several treatments, then chemo, then surgery before I would be ok. I had ONE treatment and I have been cancer free for 7 1/2 years. I was told I couldn't have children because my uterus didn't develop fully, I had a few miscarriages and was told I wouldn't carry my son full term. He was full term and he's now 8 years old. I've had doctors tell me I need implants and areola reduction surgery. They are PRACTICING medicine and they don't always know what they are talking about. The best doctors I ever had used natural methods. Oh I also lowered my own blood pressure and cholesterol through natural means and they said I would need drugs.

You are slightly tubular, not bad at all really. Yours look like mine did 7 years ago. So don't give up hun, you'll be fine, just get your hormones checked, keep your head up and go from there.

Wow! You have been through a lot, congrats on being so successful!!! It really frustrates me how they are so quick to tell you that something is wrong or nothing is wrong based on majority of people and their narrow-minded education system. And thank you for taking the time to reply!!

(10-05-2013, 04:21 PM)kelsitree Wrote:  Wow! You have been through a lot, congrats on being so successful!!! It really frustrates me how they are so quick to tell you that something is wrong or nothing is wrong based on majority of people and their narrow-minded education system. And thank you for taking the time to reply!!

Not all doctors are good. If you use Doctors from Chain network ie Kaiser, Blueshield/bluecross, etc. they are B or C grade doctors. My family made a deadly mistake by using these 10 minutes doctor visit and paid a hefty loss. They always think they know everything, once you pointed out their wrongs, they said "R u a doctor or not?" I hate those people dont try to own up to their actions / mistakes. I just think the internet is now more effective solution than paying to see the doctors.

My 2nd mom, last year had some symtoms that led me to suspecting she had cancer but then the doctor ignored my inquiry, now she is diagnosed with Stage 4 Throat Cancer, waiting to die. I hate stupid narrow mind doctors Sad

Omg I am so sorry! :-( that's horrible! :-( it's so scary to know that doctors have no idea sometimes. Education system is so screwed up too! No wonder they aren't helpful, sometimes college can be such a joke. I have been thinking for a long time I could have PCOS but doctors and my mother think I'm crazy. And my fiancé. Because I have such small signs of it. But to me it seems obvious! I guess it'll take a serious side effect to get them to realize somethings wrong. I know something is, I have a strong feeling it's pcos, but could be something else that causes similar side effects. I guess we have to be our own doctors! And what better way to heal yourself then with herbs and healthy foods! I read an article about vaccinations being linked to food allergies like nuts and dairy. These allergies are getting life threatening too. I gotta find the article super interesting!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon