Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Excellent article about why the gender binary is a fictional construct

I found this interesting and credible, an examination of the gender binary vs. spectrum, and the traditional view of gender dysphorics by somone who has experienced enough to have informed opinions.

http://www.tgforum.com/wordpress/index.p...al-script/

A great read, but I noticed a point right at the beginning that amazes me that even today, 60+ years later, people keep forgetting a few very important points about Christine Jorgensen.

She wasn't the first gender reassignment patient. That had happened over 30 years earlier in Germany (first documented, at least).

She also wasn't really "reassigned", so much as "refocused". A point that just about every bio on Jorgensen omits is that she wasn't born wholly male... she was a hermaphrodite. The gender reassignment was actually just picking one over the other. Her penis was deceiving the world into thinking she would be a man. Even served in the military.

Good Read, adding to what DLE said, That point aside, I personally found the writers whistle-blowing on the Bigoted TG's over "in-betweens" etc to be very refreshing to see, that imho is a HUGE problem that needs to be dealt with, they are behaving the same as those who are all to willing to brutalize or murder other nationallitys/skintones etc just because they are different and don't fit into one box or another....

Yes,indeed!
If you Google "late onset gender dysphoria" you'll get lots of interesting and related material, although much of it does not recognise "in-betweens".

Honestly I'm not sure where I REALLY fit into all of this. I know I FIRST knew something was wrong when I was very young... But I then immediately started repressing myself so thoroughly that I don't even have any clear memories of my young life.

I'm not an in-between though. But I'm quite willing to accede their existence and that they need to be given respect for how they need to live as well. I sure as heck don't understand any of them, but I doubt sincerely that they truly understand me either.

Something I think that article misses out on though is that while the binary is a fiction, the existence of those polar ends is not. I am quite clearly at the "female" end of things, no matter what my body or genetics might say.

Yes a very good read, I got to agree with Lenneth and AnnabelP's points of view.

(19-05-2013, 12:40 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I'm not an in-between though. But I'm quite willing to accede their existence and that they need to be given respect for how they need to live as well. I sure as heck don't understand any of them, but I doubt sincerely that they truly understand me either.

Heck, Abi, I believe that I am an "in-between" and I don't even understand myself!

Misty

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon