Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

An oddity

I recently visited our nurse practitioner for for a review of the results of a battery of tests she had ordered. Most of the results were satisfactory or better, but then she said that the result of my PSA test was good. This seemed odd to me since that test has always previously returned scores of 4.5 plus or minus 15%; marginal but acceptable for someone of my age with an enlarged prostate (BPH) and no other evidence of prostate cancer. This time she said my score was 0.2 which means that there was essentially no ‘expression’ of PSA (prostate specific antigen) into the bloodstream. Expression occurs when the prostate is ‘unhappy’ for some reason, be it BPH, infection, injury or cancer. I said that surely there must be a mistake, at which point she checked my file and found that the score from the previous test was 5.1. She said that if it was a rogue score it would sort itself out at the next test, and there things were left.

On the internet the only circumstance reported as producing such an extreme reduction in score was removal of the prostate and I still have mine. The only possibly relevant factor that has changed since the previous PSA test is that I am now taking PM, in quite high doses, which is reported as being prostate friendly (in fact some men use that as an excuse for taking it) and also contains a phytoestrogen which might be strong enough to suppress PSA expression. I have experienced some relief of my BPH symptoms in the last year over and above that produced by alpha blockers, but had attributed that to SP (which I was still taking at the time of the test). It is one of the reported virtues of SP that it does not skew PSA tests, unlike Proscar and its ilk which do reduce PSA expression but which I have never taken.

I still think that this was most probably a lab error of some kind, but if not then here is yet another virtue of PM Smile. Has anyone else here experienced a reduction in PSA score whjle taking PM?

I was diagnosed with Prostate cancer 2 years ago and had radiation therapy. My psa was going down slowly but I started SP, PM, FG and
others.
The result, my PSA dropped to .20 and that was half of the previous reading just 3 months ago. My goal is to completely feminize as much as possible and grow breasts. My progress is good and the nipples are very sensitive and breast tissue is growing fast.
Only been on program for 3 months . But happy with results.

I found your post very interesting. As I understand it , a PSA level of 0.2 or less following treatment for PC is some sort of confirmation that your body is free of PC, so should be good news for you.. I don’t know all the NBE herbs you may be taking, but SP is not supposed to affect PSA readings - I suspect that of the things that you are or may be taking, only PM can do that. You do not say whether during your treatment anything was done by way androgen blockade, and whether that is still continuing since that could well be helping your progress. I did not have any success with NBE until I was put on spironolactone for an extended period (for blood pressure), the effects of which seem to have been permanentHuh. In any case, good luck with your journey!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon