Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Adding PABA

I am adding PABA to my list of herbs. I take 3 capsules of 500 mgs a day along with 3000 mgs of MP, and 3, 585 mgs capsules of SP.
I'm hoping the PABA will boost the effect of the PM.
What are your experiences with PABA? Do you feel it is a help or not worth the extra expense?

Hello Wally,

So you're taking 1,500 mg of PABA daily? Is that what your bottle recommends? I'm only taking 500 mg.

My experience with PABA has been positive. I think it's a low-risk, inexpensive item you can try to improve regime. I've taken PABA for practically the entire time I've been pursuing NBE, so it's hard for me to compare and contrast how exactly PABA adds to my progress. I think the research for PABA is sound. PABA has been used as a supplement for menopausal women receiving HRT.

There's no risk of PABA competing for estrogen receptors. In addition, I think the price for PABA is pretty reasonable. By taking one 500 mg capsule a day, I can get a year supply of PABA for about $25. (If only pm was that inexpensive!)

Hi Flamesabers,
Thank you for your reply and question about dosage. I checked the bottle and it said one or more capsules per day as needed.
I think I paid too much since I only got 100 capsules for $13.00.

If you got a years supply at 500mgs per day for about $25.00 then you found a better price than I did. I will shop around next time.

As a result of your question, I think I will cut back to 500mgs per day to see if the results are good. I don't need to overdo it. When this bottle is used up, I will evaluate the results and then decide to continue or not.

Wow, $13 a bottle for 100 capsules of PABA is nearly double what I'm paying. This is what I buy:

http://www.amazon.com/Foods-Paba-Capsules-500mg-Pack/dp/B001F0R9LW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1371121976&sr=8-5&keywords=paba

If you're concerned about spending anymore money on PABA or are unsure of the results, I would suggest holding off on PABA for the time being. Later on if you start to stall with your breast growth, I would recommend trying PABA again to see if that can help with getting your growth back on track.

I find I get very good prices on a variety of supplements from Puritan's Pride. They always have a sale of some sort, usually buy-1-get-2-free or buy-2-get-3-free. As one might expect, if they have different size bottles (which they don't for PABA), the bigger bottle is a little less expensive per pill than the smaller.

Looking at their current price, you can buy 3 bottles of 500 mg PABA with 100 capsules for $9.00, making it $3 per bottle of 100.

Another tip, I always google "Puritan coupon" before ordering as I almost always find a coupon for free shipping.

I've been buying from them for about 10 years without any problems. They ship fairly quickly and I've never been disappointed.

Enough of the financial aspects, what is PABA for? Googling seems to indicate that it doesn't do anything as the human body cannot convert it to useable form, but being acidic it can upset the stomach.

(13-06-2013, 05:58 PM)EricaB Wrote:  I find I get very good prices on a variety of supplements from Puritan's Pride. They always have a sale of some sort, usually buy-1-get-2-free or buy-2-get-3-free. As one might expect, if they have different size bottles (which they don't for PABA), the bigger bottle is a little less expensive per pill than the smaller.

Looking at their current price, you can buy 3 bottles of 500 mg PABA with 100 capsules for $9.00, making it $3 per bottle of 100.

Another tip, I always google "Puritan coupon" before ordering as I almost always find a coupon for free shipping.

I've been buying from them for about 10 years without any problems. They ship fairly quickly and I've never been disappointed.

Enough of the financial aspects, what is PABA for? Googling seems to indicate that it doesn't do anything as the human body cannot convert it to useable form, but being acidic it can upset the stomach.

I tend to buy mostly from Swanson's Vitamins, but I do compare prices with Puritan's Pride and Vitacost and usually go with the lowest price.

PABA apparently has something to do with red blood cell formation. When applied topically, it at least used to be found in sunscreens up to about an SPF 15. It is an antioxidant and can act as something of a sunscreen when ingested. (Many years ago, I used to take quite a bit of it, and got a very nice tan one summer when I had to put up a metal shed. Normally, I would have burned.) I seem to remember (foggy memory) reading 25-30 years ago that it also plays a part in mopping up excess insulin so high doses could be a problem for diabetics, but I could also be wrong on that one. I don't dispute Flamesaber's claim wrt hormones, but I'd never heard that before.

Now that you mention it, I can remember many sunscreen bottles (or was it insect repellant sprays?) boldly proclaiming that they are "PABA free". Apparently quite a few people have an allergic reaction to it to one degree or another.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon