Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New bra

So I recently got my new bra in the correct band size for me which I must say is both a happy and sad day. I ordered a Demi bra and it was shipped from Latvia. It's a great bra but after years of wearing womens sizes 36c I am now depressed that my band size 44 is a lot bigger cups and I don't quite fill out the 44B cups. I guess it gives me something to work for. I am not too far away from filling it so hopefully soon I will be able to. I am happy though because now I know where I stand size wise and it's so much more comfortable than wearing a band thats way too small.

Just a quick update to the weight issue I am down to 255lbs. That's a 40lb loss since last october!

(22-07-2013, 10:26 PM)Davidhasbreasts Wrote:  Just a quick update to the weight issue I am down to 255lbs. That's a 40lb loss since last october!

So you're to blame! ;-) During the month of October, I mysteriously gained 30 lbs. for no apparent reason, and no matter what I do, it won't come off. Going back to the age of 18, the only thing that has ever worked is to ride an exercise bike at 70-80% of maximum heart rate while eating less than 1000 calories a day, often needing to go as low as 300-500 calories. Now, I can't keep my feet on the pedals, and I have no strength or endurance.

Congrats on your weight loss. You might find losing weight tends to reduce the size of your breasts a little making the new bra even more of a disappointment. Given the size you were mistakenly wearing, a 44A might have been a better choice, but one never really knows. I think we've already had the discussion about how bra sizing methods for women often don't work too well on male bodies, vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, and often don't even translate from style to style within the same brand.

Well as far as breasts getting smaller with weight loss. I think I could live with that for a little while knowing that they will start to get bigger again once I have lost enough to make me happy. Yeah probably should have went 44a but hind sight is 20-20. Just gives me a goal and a way to measure my success.

Hey...sorry to ask you thos but how do i create a new thread??Thank you!!!

If you are at the correct category top right corner says new thread.

Congratulations on the weight loss.. it can be a very difficult ting to do and it shows the character in being able to do that.

Well done

How about trying a bra "extender". These are short strips of bra band that have multiple hook positions on the length. You clip on the extender to each end of the bra band and presto! You have a bra of the correct cup and band size and one that you could never buy anywhere. Check Amazon for "bra extender", or make your own.

For standard bras the above works well, but I had a difficult case to share. I recently purchased some Junior Misses bralettes to get the correct cup size in a sheer lace (wanted something sexy for my gurls) but the biggest band available was way too small. I did look at extenders but none matched the style or width of the bra band. I also looked at making my own extender which is easy to do with some ribbon or elastic. The lace was very difficult to match so I just ordered a duplicate bralette and will cut up the band to make an extender that is a perfect match! Of course these bralettes are very inexpensive so it is the best choice of fix for me.

I was also thinking of some fancy solutions like cutting the bra band in the front and replacing the band between the cups with some ribbon or chain or something blingy. Bra jewelry! By changing the front and extending the back then you can place the cups where you really need them. I have "outward apex" so I need to bring the cups closer together to make me happy and cutting the band in front is the only way to adjust everything.

Just some ideas on what to do when you are too tall or too whatever for main-stream sizing.

Good luck!

I find it rather astonishing that you could even get a 36 band even halfway across your back if you should be in a 44. I measure 37" underbust, wear a 36 which is snug -- and can fasten a 34 but it's too tight really.

Keep in mind that the advice you see everywhere -- "Measure under your bust then add 4 unless it's a Tuesday on a leap year then add 5 etc etc" -- is pure bullshit. Well, it wasn't, decades ago, when bands didn't stretch.

Now you just measure your underbust, snugly, and go with the nearest even number.

We've all struggled with this, I'm sure. When I was first trying to figure this out (when I had smaller boobs) -- if I added 5" to the band, then subtract that from the bust measurement, I'd have had a negative cup size. Well, that's just ridiculous. I had no problem filling out a 36B. But there's no such thing as a 42AAAminus!

Still, even until last year, I was doing the wrong thing. I was wearing 40B bras, which seemed to fit okay, until I found... the Bra Bloggers... bless them, whatever Almighty there is!

If your band rides up in back, it's too big. Period. If your straps fall off your shoulders, too. The main bra mis-fitting problem women have is a combination of too-large band, and too-small cup. You go up one cup size per band size you go down, and vice-versa.

So... I went shopping. Sure enough. Tried 38C, some fit, some didn't. Tried 36D. Hallelujah! Most of those I tried were a good fit. My new bras stay put, my breasts don't fall out the top or try to sneak out past the underwires, and the straps don't fall down. And although it's purely psychological (40B has exactly the same volume in the cups as 36D) it's quite a mental boost to know that I wear a (fanfare!) D-cup! Smile

Onward to the F-G range! Cool

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon