Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

ADI

Do think this is us ?????????

Alternating gender incongruity: a new neuropsychiatric syndrome providing insight into the dynamic plasticity of brain-sex.
Case LK, Ramachandran VS.
Source
Center for Brain and Cognition, University of California, McGill Hall, 9500 Gilman Dr. M/C 0109, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92093, USA. lkcase@ucsd.edu
Abstract
Between the two extreme ends of human sexuality - male and female - lie a poorly understood and poorly studied spectrum of ambiguously defined sexual identities that are very much a part of the human condition but defy rigid classification. "Bigender" is a recently formed sub-category of transgenderism, describing individuals who experience a blending or alternation of gender states. While recognized nominally by the APA, no scientific work to our knowledge has addressed this fascinating condition, or proposed any physiological basis for it. In addition, the alternation aspect has not been proposed as a nosological entity distinct from blending. We present descriptive data suggesting that many bigender individuals experience an involuntary switching of gender states without any amnesia for either state. In addition, similar to transsexual individuals, the majority of bigender individuals experience phantom breasts or genitalia corresponding to the non-biologic gender when they are in a trans-gender state. Finally, our survey found decreased lateralization of handedness in the bigender community. These observations suggest a biologic basis of bigenderism and lead us to propose a novel gender condition, "alternating gender incongruity" (AGI). We hypothesize that AGI may be related to an unusual degree or depth of hemispheric switching and corresponding callosal suppression of sex appropriate body maps in parietal cortex- possibly the superior parietal lobule- and its reciprocal connections with the insula and hypothalamus. This is based on two lines of reasoning. First, bigender individuals in our survey sample reported an elevated rate of bipolar disorder, which has been linked to slowed hemispheric switching. We hypothesize that tracking the nasal cycle, rate of binocular rivalry, and other markers of hemispheric switching will reveal a physiological basis for AGI individuals' subjective reports of gender switches. Switching may also trigger hormonal cascades, which we are currently exploring. Second, we base our hypotheses on ancient and modern associations between the left and right hemispheres and the male and female genders. By providing a case of sharp brain-sex shifts within individuals, we believe that the study of AGI could prove illuminating to scientific understanding of gender, body representation, and the nature of self.
Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
PMID: 22364652 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
MeSH Terms

Ok duh

The header should have read

AGI

Sorry

Too much wine

Julie

Not sure about everyone else but the switching Gender state seems very likely me. There are times where I am a mans man.(most of the time) However then the inner me jumps out of no where and I have to do certain things to appease her. So that i can continue my existence with some sort of peace. It seems though the longer I try to hide her or suppress her the harder it gets to do that, consequentially I go further and further each outburst. I have done some crazy things to my self over the years but nothing quite as drastic as growing breasts.
My hope is that by doing so I can squall the inner me forever. Given my track record I highly doubt that will happen.

My biggest question slash fear is where does it end?

I know I love women but not for the reasons most men do. I have no attraction towards men either. I am like the hurdle between who my body is and who my inner whatever wants to be. It's one hell of a ride!

"In addition, similar to transsexual individuals, the majority of bigender individuals experience phantom breasts or genitalia corresponding to the non-biologic gender when they are in a trans-gender state."

Where can I sign up for "phantom breasts" or opposite gender phantom genitalia? Can't say I've ever heard of this, nor do I quite understand it.

I've heard the term bigendered in gender identity tests before, though the concept of phantom breasts and genitals is new to me.

I've always thought of my gender identity as being more of a third gender than anything else.

Sarah,

The concept of phantom limbs is the closest thing I can think of that relates to phantom breasts and genitalia.

(25-07-2013, 12:27 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I've heard the term bigendered in gender identity tests before, though the concept of phantom breasts and genitals is new to me.

I've always thought of my gender identity as being more of a third gender than anything else.

Sarah,

The concept of phantom limbs is the closest thing I can think of that relates to phantom breasts and genitalia.

Yeah, I've read about that, just can't imagine it in terms of breasts or genitalia that you never had to begin with lol....

Like people that lose an appendage know how it felt at one time, but this?

And much like you I've never heard of this in TG people. Oh well.

This may somewhat explain the phantom body parts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etheric_body

well if this helps

When I go girlie I do imagine having breasts and actually cup breasts that are not actually there ,

Now they are sort of ?

But now I am on pm and actually growing I dont go girlie that much ?

Julie

I am in agreement with Flamesaber's.
We are like Adam and Eve rolled into one.
It is more like being a 3rd gender.
Bigenderism really?????
I hate it when people outside our realm try to put us in some kind of stupid
category to explain why we are the way we are, let alone why we exist.
I am thinking I was born as a 3rd gender, they need to stop analyzing it and just deal with it. I have its not that difficult!
I would settle for phantom breasts but thanks to PM I do not have too and if that does not work you can always buy a set.

E

I too don't go girlie as much now that I'm taking PM. Wonder what exactly changes us to not go girlie as much? I'm experiencing all the emotion swings that goes along with the increased E but not the need to be girlie.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon