Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Necessity of Saw Palmetto.

(04-08-2013, 09:11 PM)Elowen Wrote:  In all honesty, I am a little conflicted. I would very much like to reduce the impact of androgens on my body (and mind). There has been mention of spearmint, which is reassuring. I actually drink spearmint tea on a daily basis simply because I like it, but I'm guessing I would need several cups more per day to reap any anti-androgenic benefits, right? I'll keep my eyes open for a capsule/tablet version, but until then, I'll try to bump up my consumption.

Spearmint tea is good, also PABA (a B Vitamin) can Significanly help, by preventing Estrogens in your body from breaking down as quickly.

(04-08-2013, 09:11 PM)Elowen Wrote:  I also intend to use progesterone cream for one week out of each month. That seems to be the recommended method of using it, so I hope I see benefits.

Avoid using Progesterone Cream unless you get Estrogen Dominance Symptoms, or at least until you have developed a fair bit.

All very useful information. It's obvious that I'm very new to this, and my own, fairly minimal research can't quite stand up to the experiences of others. I really appreciate your help!

(04-08-2013, 09:11 PM)Elowen Wrote:  In all honesty, I am a little conflicted. I would very much like to reduce the impact of androgens on my body (and mind). There has been mention of spearmint, which is reassuring. I actually drink spearmint tea on a daily basis simply because I like it, but I'm guessing I would need several cups more per day to reap any anti-androgenic benefits, right? I'll keep my eyes open for a capsule/tablet version, but until then, I'll try to bump up my consumption.

Spearmint tea is good, also PABA (a B Vitamin) can Significanly help, by preventing Estrogens in your body from breaking down as quickly.

(04-08-2013, 09:11 PM)Elowen Wrote:  I also intend to use progesterone cream for one week out of each month. That seems to be the recommended method of using it, so I hope I see benefits.

Avoid using Progesterone Cream unless you get Estrogen Dominance Symptoms, or at least until you have developed a fair bit, and do not put it anywhere near your breasts. (inner thigh's seem to be the recommended application zone)

in my previous best attempt at NBE some of my best growth came from drinking several cups of spearmint tea each day. I was also taking SP and RC along with ramping PM cycle.

I recently started to get back into NBE with PM liquid extract as the powder R1 was weirdly linking with severe head aches and migraines, and low blood sugar symptoms. I haven't had a whole lot happening yet so I recently started slamming the SP down and today for the first time my breasts do feel a bit fuller. I have also been a lot more dedicated to massaging the past couple of days too so that could also be it, but for me personally SP seems to be needed.

Interesting... I'm glad that spearmint has been effective for others. I love the taste, and I'm a tea fanatic to begin with. I recently refilled my stock of spearmint, so I'm happy. It's probably not as effective as strongly-brewed pure spearmint, but it goes so nicely in a 1:1 ratio with green tea leaves.

As for SP, I think I'll at least finish off this bottle, provided I experience no noticeable negative effects.

One thing that I know for sure is that I'm loving the effects of PM thus far, even in this short period of time (five days short of a month). My skin is practically glowing and I just feel... Better. It's wonderful, and I look forward to my next shipment (from Ainterol this time around).

In any case, thank you for your reply!

(05-08-2013, 12:16 PM)Elowen Wrote:  Interesting... I'm glad that spearmint has been effective for others. I love the taste, and I'm a tea fanatic to begin with. I recently refilled my stock of spearmint, so I'm happy. It's probably not as effective as strongly-brewed pure spearmint, but it goes so nicely in a 1:1 ratio with green tea leaves.

better just to buy a reusable tea bag/bobble and buy the raw bulk spearmint leaves, not only cheaper, but a LOT higher Quality.

I use loose leaf organic spearmint for my teas in an infuser. It's definitely better than teabags.

(05-08-2013, 11:08 PM)Elowen Wrote:  I use loose leaf organic spearmint for my teas in an infuser. It's definitely better than teabags.

yep, only way to go with tea, is the leafs, and not the supermarket bags of tea dust.

I was one who took SP in the beginning. I took it for more than a year. When I stopped it, nothing really changed for me, except one less thing to buy and take. I was off the weaker herbs and on PM by then, so I don't know if the SP helps when you are on the weaker herbs. For me, it did nothing when also taking PM. I have done my share of experiments for the greater good, and I'm not really inclined to start messing around testing things at this stage so I don't expect to know what SP might do at this point for me. I never seriously experimented with any other herbs that were supposed to reduce DHT or androgens. The few others I tried all failed to be of use to me, either because they didn't do what they were claimed to, or because they had enough side effects to convince me not to bother with them. The only thing I still am trying to determine is how much the PM might be implicated in my foot pain. The jury isn't even sitting yet on that one, I'm still in discovery.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon