Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Transition

Any mtf transgender here transitioned solely on herbal ? While I did get a good result from pm, I'm am currently contemplating whether it will benefit by switching to the traditional route with bio identical hormone.

(14-08-2013, 11:41 PM)interbingung Wrote:  Any mtf transgender here transitioned solely on herbal ? While I did get a good result from pm, I'm am currently contemplating whether it will benefit by switching to the traditional route with bio identical hormone.

Some background?

Age? Age when started NBE?

Did you use only PM or did you use some sort of anti-androgens as well?

What doses?

How long?

If you do everything right with using a "natural" route you will most likely do better than most any traditional method. And be healthier too. The traditional methods use some seriously harsh drugs for anti-androgens.

Using a somewhat closer to traditional method, using estradiol instead of any weaker estrogens, but cycling and using progesterone as well and using herbal anti-androgens rather than the harsh drugs... That could maybe have some additional potential. Maybe.

But the truly most traditional method is a constant dose of estrogen, only estrogen and anti-androgen. Which we have repeatedly shown with our experiments here does NOT give the greatest feminization potential. It's enough to help sort out the mental dysphoria symptoms, and will lead to at least some growth, but not much, and not much more than that.

28 year old. I currently use only ainterol pm 2 pill per day. Its been about a year. Some nice thing I can think of with traditional route is I can leave it to the Dr to figure out dosage, have them monitor my health in case of problem, and maybe better result. Some problem is hard to find good Dr here and most likely have to drive out of town.

(15-08-2013, 12:38 AM)interbingung Wrote:  28 year old. I currently use only ainterol pm 2 pill per day. Its been about a year. Some nice thing I can think of with traditional route is I can leave it to the Dr to figure out dosage, have them monitor my health in case of problem, and maybe better result. Some problem is hard to find good Dr here and most likely have to drive out of town.

No wonder! That's got to be the lowest doses of any male member here!

And no anti-androgen or progesterone...

If your goal is to transition, take a look at my plan, it's a little outdated but it should still give a rough idea of the sort of thing to aim for.

Basically, PM for estrogen, FG for prolactin, PC for progesterone, spearmint and chinese skullcap for anti-androgens.

I'm also seriously considering changing how I take my FG at this point, I think my dosing is too small.

Make sure you're getting balanced nutrition and lots of protein.

And CYCLE! Cycling is HUGELY important if you're going this route. The only way it wouldn't be would be going with something like Bountiful Breast instead. Much less complicated but costs more. You could mix up a program similar to BB for slightly less through Swanson's, but it's still more costly than herbs.

It is not low dosage for me. It might be for other people though. As I said before I already have good result. I am full time and no problem with passing. I am reluctant to consume more or experiment further with herbal.

If you are getting results at 1000mg/day, there is no reason to jump it up from there.

(15-08-2013, 01:52 AM)interbingung Wrote:  It is not low dosage for me. It might be for other people though. As I said before I already have good result. I am full time and no problem with passing. I am reluctant to consume more or experiment further with herbal.

*shrug*

Then don't experiment. Leave it how it is and be happy that life is good. There's no need to go on drugs either though. Seriously. Spiro and such are horrid.

AbiDrew85, have you transitioned?

(15-08-2013, 08:40 PM)interbingung Wrote:  AbiDrew85, have you transitioned?

I'm not entirely sure how to take this?

I'm living as female. I have a female legal name. But my gender markers are not changed and I don't have my anatomy corrected... And I still have entirely too much body hair to fight. Largely a cost issue on those. Also a cost issue I'm not seeing a therapist to make everything all official like.

So officially, no, can't afford it. Unofficially, I've done everything I can afford.

I don't pass well, though, and mostly because of body and facial hair. My skin is far too fair to hide my extremely dark hair.

So I guess really I'm still "in transition" and it's slow going. Because I don't have money.

(15-08-2013, 09:05 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  I don't have my anatomy corrected...

Disclaimer: Don't take any of what I'm about to say as personal. I couldn't possibly knock your gender issues; I've had enough of my own. I've got them sorted now, though, so as someone older than yourself who's been through it, let me present a few realities I've come to accept.

I'm not, never have been, and never will be, a woman. I will never have the bone structure, the reproductive equipment, the life experience from birth. No amount of drugs or plastic surgery will ever change that. Ever.

Secondarily to that, I've discovered that I wouldn't want to be, anyway. But that's entirely beside the point.

I'm not an ordinary testosterone-fueled football-watching meathead guy who thinks with his junk. So where does that leave me? Not a "man" in the common vernacular... and not a woman. What else is there?

I now know the answer to that question: In between. A tranny. Ladyboy. Shemale. Two-spirit. Whatever. And I'm fine with that. As far as I'm concerned, it makes me a rare and special human being, not a freak. That's my attitude, and anyone who doesn't like it can pound sand. Being bi doesn't hurt either, but that's neither here nor there.

Now here are a few contradictions floating around in TS-blogland that are so incredible that I'm reminded of the White Queen who could believe six impossible things before breakfast each morning:

GID is and is not a mental illness -- It depends on the day, apparently. TS activists have screamed for years to get Gender Identity Disorder taken out of the DSM, because there's a stigma attached to mental illness. Ah, but then, since it's not a real disease, insurance won't pay for it! A conundrum indeed.

Sex/gender is in the mind, not the body -- Many theories on this are bandied about for the purpose of proving that someone born obviously male in form can have a female brain, and thus be a collection of feminine neurons somehow placed in the wrong body. This is a crock of shit either way you look at it:

First, the very proponents of this theory suggest that the solution is to change the body. Well, you really can't. You can perform some cosmetic changes, of course -- some facial rearrangement, breast implants, cutting off your penis and sewing it back inside-out... but it's just cosmetic, isn't it?

Aha, so now we're forced to defend the notion that we can cure mental illness with plastic surgery.

On the other hand, if someone has the temerity to suggest that it's easier to change the mind than the body, they are shouted down by the TS Nazi-ettes. No!! You can't change the mind! Crazy Talk!

Well, Nazi-ettes... I did it. And it didn't cost me a dime. No shrinks. No doctors. They talk of accepting who you are. You need to do more than accept. You need to live to your unique potential.

The mind can do amazing things. You write like a bright individual; I'm certain you can teach yourself to do things with your mind that your peers cannot understand. What the mind can conceive, the body can achieve. Ever heard that?

There's the old saw about having the power to change the things you can, the serenity to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference. I will tell you this: no one has ever been happy wanting things they can't possibly obtain.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon