Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

help for low libido

Now that I'm finally getting some meager growth my husband has developed low libido. He can still get erections but has no interest.
I've tried giving him all the "passion" potents from horny goat to maca to yohimbe, etc. Nothing works. He is diabetic taking insulin and was tested for low T. He tried Androgel but because of other health factors couldn't continue on it. Does anyone know of a supplement that really works?

Sure there are tons and tons, it should be easy. But first he should try oysters and mussels in case he is deficient in zinc or manganese. Since he's diabetic it could be B vitamins too, found by eating large amounts of whole grains or bran. Give them a couple months to have an effect.

For testosterone get 100:1 tongkat ali and 50% saponin fenugreek extract. Start with a little, maybe 500 mg each, and increase as needed. Soreness in balls or thighs is a sign it's working, but he can cut back if it's too much. For libido find a catuaba extract equivalent to 5-20 grams, to increase the mental effects of dopamine. Or make tea from a lot of whole powder (2 tsp. to 3 tbsp.) and strain it. There is also 2-5 grams mucuna pruriens, which contains L-dopa which becomes real dopamine. It would be better to rely on catuaba though than to mess with real dopamine, unless he has almost no dopamine effect left to increase. Then maybe he could use catuaba with a little MP. And a little MP extract is way stronger than whole MP so watch out. Never use 99% L-dopa MP extracts in any amount, they're missing the non L-dopa parts to balance it out. If he tests high for prolactin then maybe he could use more MP, and possibly 500 mg or more vitex too (but more than 500 mg doesn't help or hurt). Note that if combining 2 or 3 of these they add up and dosages for MP and catuaba go down except in major cases. But vitex shouldn't go under 500 mg. Under ~125 mg could decrease dopamine instead.

Testosterone may take a few days. Dopamine may take a few minutes. But testosterone seems like his main issue.

HGW is for erections and requires a ton anyway; if it's not an extract it's useless b/c you practically need a whole salad. Yohimbe is a caffeine-like stimulant that keeps the genitals going. Likewise not directly related to libido and has all the problems caffeine does, if not more. A minimum of 3 grams maca does help a little for libido.

Surferjoe, do you know if this is the same for women? I have a frequently very low libido Sad but the strange thing is that I have pretty darn high testosterone levels. Solution for a female with high T levels and low libido?

Could be low dopamine or low estrogen. Catuaba can also help. And anything you might be using for prolactin directly counters dopamine and vis versa. Women only need a little testosterone, so the rest might be getting in the way of estrogen or it might not be doing anything to libido. 3 or more grams maca may help women too.

Does he exercise for t that's meant to be effective for men.
Swansons has a multi glandular for men looks interesting.

surferjoe,
Tried everything you mentioned except catuaba. I'll order some & give it a try. Thanks for your patience for all my questions/concerns.

Alright. Note the difference between 100:1 tongkat ali extract and tongkat ali. 100 times the difference to be precise. Likewise for a fenugreek extract rather than fenugreek. I think 50% saponins is roughly 30:1. If he didn't given oysters a full 2 months try or doesn't want to, then a zinc supplement isn't as good but it's better than nothing.

If it's really bad he may need MP too. By itself it might have taken up to 10 grams, but less in combination with other things like I said. And at that point vitex is cheap and you may as well throw it in. I mean 1/2-1 gram of it vs 2-10 grams of the others.

I think you can get 4:1 extracts at amazon.com and kalyx.com, and it's the same brand either way. Smartpowders.com has a good deal on 100:1 tongkat ali. Amazon has it too for more but there are more reviews so it may be better to start at Amazon then switch over if it works, to then test smartpowders. Amazon also has 50% saponin fenugreek pills.

You could also try 4-6 cups of pomegranate juice /day. The pure stuff like POM brand. My ex-bf had type-1 diabetes and it worked for him.

Also, I believe living an active lifestyle is important too and can help as it could be a mental issue if he just doesn't have interest. Working out or something would help combat lethargy & minor depression, that could be all it is.

His zinc levels could be low too.

(09-10-2013, 11:07 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  Could be low dopamine or low estrogen. Catuaba can also help. And anything you might be using for prolactin directly counters dopamine and vis versa. Women only need a little testosterone, so the rest might be getting in the way of estrogen or it might not be doing anything to libido. 3 or more grams maca may help women too.

Thanks surferjoe. I do not have low estrogen (378pg/mL out of a range 331-409) and as for dopamine? Well, I cannot say for sure, but my prolactin is not high (11.6ng/mL out of a range 1-22) so I would assume that my dopamine is not necessarily low, either. I am currently not using anything for prolactin, but what IS interesting is that back in June, in the first month of taking fenugreek, was the greatest surge of libido I have ever had... and then, it subsided but I assumed my body finally adjusted to the dose. As for testosterone, despite the fact that I am dominant in T, I am still within the normal range-- the small range considering the fact that women only need a little testosterone. So, although I am high for a woman, I am only high in comparison to my other hormones, really. I have never heard of Catuaba. Should that still be of help to me given the hormone levels I just presented?

The FG effect was likely from estrogen or luteinizing hormone. Either more dopamine or more estrogen or both is likely to help a great deal even from increasing from normal levels. Even though there might be something else still unaddressed lowering libido it for you.

Catuaba is instant so it's worth it to order a little but to take a large amount, burn through it quickly and see what happens. I mean quite literally 2-10 minutes and on the first dose, though it's even more effective after a few weeks. An extract is easier but if all you find in small amount is whole powder, make a lot of tea and strain it. Only issue there is if you went all the way to 20 grams (the upper end) that's something like 10 cups of tea. Or the traditional way is to make a water extract overnight, so you could strain and drink that instead.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon