Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How can anyone NOT believe

(29-08-2013, 03:20 AM)Akai Sin Wrote:  My entire family is religious, and doesn't believe in transgenders, transsexuals, gays, lesbians, none of it.

How can anyone NOT believe in something that is VERY clearly and obviously exists ALL around them?
Well, come to think of it, I guess it'd come pretty easily to someone who VEHEMENTLY believes in something that DOESN'T exist. I.E.: god.

(29-08-2013, 04:43 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(29-08-2013, 03:20 AM)Akai Sin Wrote:  My entire family is religious, and doesn't believe in transgenders, transsexuals, gays, lesbians, none of it.

How can anyone NOT believe in something that is VERY clearly and obviously exists ALL around them?
Well, come to think of it, I guess it'd come pretty easily to someone who VEHEMENTLY believes in something that DOESN'T exist. I.E.: god.

Uh. Let's NOT go there. I not only believe very strongly in my God but I have a very close relationship to him and to my elder brother. I'm not going to try to push my beliefs on you and I'd very much appreciate if others stopped shoving their atheism around as though it's the only thing that makes any sense.

To be completely straight with you both theological systems potentially make total sense. And none at all. At the same time. And it depends entirely on the subscriber to that belief system which kind they're subscribing to. And you just showed that at present you subscribe to an illogical form of atheism.

This applies to others as well. Since there is and never will be absolute proof that spiritual matters do not exist or do exist there will never be any way to LOGICALLY confirm or deny any of them absolutely.

I am, personally, Christian, but I will not deny the possibility that I'm wrong and, for example, the Buddhists are right.

(29-08-2013, 12:12 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
Uh. Let's NOT go there.

Agreed! Let's not go there. The significant religious overtones on Cheryl's forums are why I rarely visit there anymore. I'd hate to see this forum start including that debate topic. People believe what they want to believe. Seeing the obvious is one thing, interpreting it is another. My atheism doesn't require anyone else's participation. Your religion doesn't require my participation either, get over yourself if you think it does. We should keep the metaphysical out of this. Stick to the real, the obvious and the impossible to misinterpret. All hail the Booby Fairy!

Sfem

Even Being a meta physical worker myself

I still agree

This site is not the place

Julie

Not to continue the debate, but, my beliefs are BASED on logic and science.

Sorry to have ruffled any feathers. I just can't understand how one can WANT to be a member of a club that vehemently hates them.

It ends here, as far as I'm concerned. Take care, all!!
::Bows out gracefully::

(29-08-2013, 05:36 PM)sfem Wrote:  
(29-08-2013, 12:12 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
Uh. Let's NOT go there.

Agreed! Let's not go there. The significant religious overtones on Cheryl's forums are why I rarely visit there anymore. I'd hate to see this forum start including that debate topic. People believe what they want to believe. Seeing the obvious is one thing, interpreting it is another. My atheism doesn't require anyone else's participation. Your religion doesn't require my participation either, get over yourself if you think it does. We should keep the metaphysical out of this. Stick to the real, the obvious and the impossible to misinterpret. All hail the Booby Fairy!

Can we please not drag what anyone chooses to believe or not belive into an argument?

arguing Religion vs Atheism In here is something that should not be happening and frankly has a extremely childish appearance to it.

is it to much to ask that rather than doing a "my _____ is better than your ______" argument, we behave like the mature intelligent adults we are and respect the choice of others?

just my $0.02 .

I'm not trying to continue the debate or ruffle more feathers, and I HAVE kept it clean until a few nights ago, but I just thought I should point out that, I HAVE noticed, on a number of threads here, where someone mentions god or what have you, and no one says anything about it, but as soon as someone say that there is none, look out!
Buddah bless you all. (Not a Buddhist, I just collect Buddah Records.) ;-)

(30-08-2013, 12:07 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I'm not trying to continue the debate or ruffle more feathers, and I HAVE kept it clean until a few nights ago, but I just thought I should point out that, I HAVE noticed, on a number of threads here, where someone mentions god or what have you, and no one says anything about it, but as soon as someone say that there is none, look out!

That's kinda the point being made? If someone religious mentions their religious views and you don't share them you're best just ignoring them. Discussing them at times is one thing and usually acceptable - but out right saying "nuh uh!" is not ever acceptable.

Oh, and Christ doesn't hate me and not all Christians hate LGBT. Actually I'd offer the idea that perhaps the only true Christians are the ones who DON'T hate LGBT (or anybody, for that matter. Even if MOST people would consider someone worthy of hate, a true Christian STILL wouldn't hate that person. "Christians" who hate are liars and hypocrites.)

Like the song say's, Remove the Hate and the Love is the Same.......

Okay fruit for thought, how about the time when God sent down his only beloved son Jesus to be crucified for all of us? He not only watched His only Son be crucified, but He even knew that it was going to happen before He sent him down. So what on earth makes you atheist people think He's going to come down and stop some wars for our sinning asses? And that He's going to stop all the murders and rapists for our sinning asses? Just something to think about . Its Quite obvious we have a free will (He is clearly still honoring that for us) and are here to be tested as we are always being watched and judge for it later. If you look for him, you'll find Him. May take a while...

Yes I agree Abi, I also found out God loves all people gays straights and everything in between.there are some extremists out there so I get why so many are turned off by this "God exists stuff."

PS. I have always questioned the the story of Jesus (if it actually happened)
Until my near death experience! I can tell you as I'm just reaching out to some of you, He is very real and so is Satan unfortunately. Love you all, atheists look up the "shroud of Turin"

Also, I still don't go to church, I don't even own a full Bible. But I plan on it once the money comes.
Off to watch the Passion... Love Monica bellucci and that handsome one who plays Jesus!

(30-08-2013, 12:34 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(30-08-2013, 12:07 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I'm not trying to continue the debate or ruffle more feathers, and I HAVE kept it clean until a few nights ago, but I just thought I should point out that, I HAVE noticed, on a number of threads here, where someone mentions god or what have you, and no one says anything about it, but as soon as someone say that there is none, look out!

That's kinda the point being made? If someone religious mentions their religious views and you don't share them you're best just ignoring them. Discussing them at times is one thing and usually acceptable - but out right saying "nuh uh!" is not ever acceptable.

Oh, and Christ doesn't hate me and not all Christians hate LGBT. Actually I'd offer the idea that perhaps the only true Christians are the ones who DON'T hate LGBT (or anybody, for that matter. Even if MOST people would consider someone worthy of hate, a true Christian STILL wouldn't hate that person. "Christians" who hate are liars and hypocrites.)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon