Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

protein suppliment

Thanks for that, before checking out the on line calculator I was averaging 60 grams a day, and had upped it to a recommended 95 g, but will see what I can do about raising it again.

Sadly bread does feature regularly, as I take my lunch to work, and do not have a place to store it, so sandwiches tend to be the best thing, salad goes a bit manki without as fridge.

Thank you for the advice, I'll work some more on upping the intake a bit more. Smile

(29-09-2013, 10:00 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  
(29-09-2013, 09:26 AM)Holmes12 Wrote:  JulieTG - I think you may be Clairvoyant. Big Grin

Abi - Thank you, I weight 77KG (12 1/2 Stone)

I have definitely neglected the protein intake, seeing it as less important than my carb intake and getting my 5 fruit and veg a day.

You should be getting at LEAST 170 grams of protein. Aim for 200 if you can. At 200 this would amount for 800 calories, which at your weight should amount for about 40% of your overall caloric profile. Which is where you want to be, about 40%.

FIVE FRUIT?! Uh, hell no. 1 serving of fruit, maybe two if you're working out. MAYBE 3 on a workout day if you're working out.

Carbs should only be high enough to keep your body glucose normalized, which doesn't take much. And fiber.

Veg is important though, yes. Especially lots of dark leafy greens like spinach and good DARK lettuce varieties. Most of your carb and your fiber should be coming from veg not bread.

Make sure you eat at least one serving of GOOD meat a day. Preferably fish, or use a fish oil supplement in order to get your GOOD omega 3's. Contrary to popular myth we can not get these other than from animal source, our body only converts UP TO (and often FAR LESS) 10% plant omega 3's to EPA and DHA. Which is why vegans and vegetarians are inherently unhealthy no matter what they try to convince themselves.

Actually, I think what Abi meant was that you should be taking 170grams of protein IF YOU ARE WORKING OUT. That diet is not really recommended for you if you are not working out. More like you should be taking 120grams of protein. A bodybuilder takes that much protein (the amount Abi mentioned) because their body demands it, because their muscles are trying to recover and build. Yours aren't.

Agreed on everything else!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon