Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Comfort zone question

As fun as a meet-up sounds, the Economy has been keeping me more or less broke the last few years so i'd be out.Sad

The cost of a trip to Vegas from the east coast would rule it out for me. If you pull it together, have fun!

We'll in business they do video conferences all the time,I've only skype'd a couple of times,but there has to be other options like it,right.My last high school reunion was over the web somehow,didn't bother with it,come to think of it,in 35 years,I've never been to any of them!.

In terms of costs,it wouldn't be hardly anything,only need a web cam,and to be highly moderated,secret pass codes and the like.Dress up,try to guess who's who's and so on.Hey,it's a start right Smile

(07-10-2013, 10:28 PM)Lotus_4(.)(.) Wrote:  We'll in business they do video conferences all the time,I've only skype'd a couple of times,but there has to be other options like it,right.My last high school reunion was over the web somehow,didn't bother with it,come to think of it,in 35 years,I've never been to any of them!.

In terms of costs,it wouldn't be hardly anything,only need a web cam,and to be highly moderated,secret pass codes and the like.Dress up,try to guess who's who's and so on.Hey,it's a start right Smile

That sounds like a good idea. Is anyone familiar with a site or program that allows such moderation and is still free of charge?

(08-10-2013, 03:12 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  
(07-10-2013, 10:28 PM)Lotus_4(.)(.) Wrote:  We'll in business they do video conferences all the time,I've only skype'd a couple of times,but there has to be other options like it,right.My last high school reunion was over the web somehow,didn't bother with it,come to think of it,in 35 years,I've never been to any of them!.

That sounds like a good idea. Is anyone familiar with a site or program that allows such moderation and is still free of charge?

Cisco WebEx - it's not 'free' (for more than 3 people) but you only need a single host to run a meeting (which makes it free for everyone else).
http://www.webex.com/plans/meetings-plans.html

I'm in webex meetings at work almost every day, but I haven't used the video.
I think Skype and Microsoft Lync also have offerings.

I doubt anything that allows more than a few people will be 100% free...but it should be very inexpensive.

-j

Google Hangouts does up to Full HD Video and is free.

also does audio and text chat.

The distance to Vegas for me is 215 miles, about 4 hours driving time.
However, finances don't allow it any time soon.

I wouldn't mind meeting some of you, although, I also am the wallflower type. In any group of people.

BigDave

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon