Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Comfort zone question

(06-10-2013, 06:52 PM)sfem Wrote:  Like these? There are many variations on this, because breast friends is a slogan used by the women's cancer survivor groups. And while I like the term for us, it feels slightly wrong to me to co-opt cancer survivor slogans, even if we did come up with it independently. The concept of a t-shirt for our group with non-conflicting slogan is a good idea though.

http://www.spreadshirt.com/breast-friend...1450X43Y56

That's cute and catchy! However, like sfem said, I think you'd better be standing beside your wife as she battles cancer if you're going to wear that as a male.

It doesn't seem likely to me that many would come out for a national NBE gathering but maybe a good next step would be to set up a poll asking to what city people would be most likely to attend a NBE gathering? 6-8 cities would give us some idea which would garner the highest numbers. I'd want Minneapolis, MN to be among the choices. Any other suggestions?

If we actually get some momentum going, we might want to spread the word on other forums that cater to GID and NBE (if there are any).

Uk's stuffed then ?

Julie

(06-10-2013, 06:52 PM)sfem Wrote:  Like these? There are many variations on this, because breast friends is a slogan used by the women's cancer survivor groups. And while I like the term for us, it feels slightly wrong to me to co-opt cancer survivor slogans, even if we did come up with it independently. The concept of a t-shirt for our group with non-conflicting slogan is a good idea though.

http://www.spreadshirt.com/breast-friend...1450X43Y56
Yeah, neat! But, those are about breast cancer and I wouldn't feel right about touting the breast cancer industry when they know full well there's about 400 known natural cures for cancer.

Not that I am advocating it, but I had a tee shirt made at Cafe Press (I think) that, following the Spanish language format for asking a question, was designed to have an upside-down question mark over the right nipple and a right-side up question mark over the left. I estimate wrong and they symbols ended up spread too far apart, but I still like the idea. The colors were also selected to add to the question.

(06-10-2013, 08:03 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Maybe it would be easier to find a more unique slogan by redirecting the focus from breasts to gender identity? Perhaps something like this?

http://www.cafepress.com/+225_button_10_pack,134795017

That's awesome! Neurodiversity. I got me some o'that.

(06-10-2013, 09:00 PM)julieTG Wrote:  Uk's stuffed then ?

Julie

Not at all Julie, you can come too! Smile (I'm kidding, I know what you meant)

We could make it an International event with remote feeds in midlands UK, Hong Kong and around the globe! Of course you'll have to be up pretty late to participate.

I'm surprised no has said it yet, so I will... "Vegas, baby!!!"

Seriously... Not an uncommon place for meet ups like this, easy to find cheap travel and accommodations, and, as well, "What happens in Vegas..." Big Grin

It would also give spouses other options on activities, and possibly make them more supportive of a junket like this... Just sayin'

-j

At the moment, and probably for the immediate foreseeable future, I can't travel at all.
A: I don't have any money, and
2: I have to stick around and take care of mom.

Vegas
I could be tempted
Julie

Not a biological male, but I love seeing y'all post around the forums and I think a meet-up or something similar would be cool. I need good people in my life!

If any of you are ever in TN hit me up and I will cook you something fattening!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon