Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I Get it! or maybe I don't?

(05-10-2013, 06:26 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I dig that!! I'd LOVE to have the choice!! A few months ago, I found this movie online somewhere, but I can't recall what it was called!! :-( I was looking for a gender bender type of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde and found this movie where this teen boy suddenly becomes a girl!! After some figuring himself out, he gets to the point where he can change back & forth at will. early on, he meets a girl that he likes a lot and asks her out, but she won't go out with him unless her older brother says it's okay, so he comes out and gives the kid a hard time in a friendly way. Hockey is in the picture somewhere, too. Eventually, the boy finds out that the girls older brother is actually the girl as a guy and SHE can change at will, too!! I SURE wish I could do that!! In fact, I think EVERYBODY should get the chance to be the other sex, even for just a little while, to see what it's like so we can understand each other better and, if you decide to stay in one body or the other, you can!!

Sounds similar to Jr Jekyll & Mrs Hyde

(05-10-2013, 06:26 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  They told you horror stories of what a TS surgery looks like and what it does?

Not specifically TS, but all kinds of tv shows about Surgery nightmares and Doctor Screw ups.

(05-10-2013, 06:26 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Well, there ya go!! See? You DID want to be a girl from very early on!! So, why are you worrying about why you "suddenly" felt the need for a change?

um, when did I say I was "worrying about why I suddenly felt the need for a change"? I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

(05-10-2013, 06:26 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(05-10-2013, 04:47 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  well, there are utili-kilts, not quite the same but a start.

Yeah, but it's not the same thing, although, even wearing a kilt gets you a few crude remarks!! Besides, those things are a bit on the heavy side, not very attractive and cost a few HUNDRED dollars.

Yes I know they aren't that nice looking, but as I mentioned they could be used as a starting point, and last I saw they ran about $120 ish new and i've seen them in some charity stores as low as $15.

Traditional Kilts however do run in the "Hundreds" or more mostly due to the sheer amount of heavy wool fabric used in making them.
(I did some work for a traditional kiltmaker once)

(05-10-2013, 01:16 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Maybe this'll help

http://youtu.be/RCeze6v1DyM

http://youtu.be/bCHEO477u44

Does anyone remember the `80's and the `60's and how you could just be you and nearly everybody accepted it? Isn't it time for a rebirth?

http://youtu.be/VNXWMHu9An0
How bout, Audioslave -be yourself!Dodgy

(05-10-2013, 07:24 PM)Lotus_4(.)(.) Wrote:  Hey Missed Miss,

You give a person a lot to digest,I've think the more you talk about yourself the more I get you,it took me awhile but I'm there now.Your a complex person who has opinions on just about everything,and tells it like it is.Your a musician,talented,who probably traveled down the same roads around the rock n' roll Capitol as I. Your close to my age,so you understand perhaps where I come from as well.I'am a huge music lover as we'll,without it life would just be ordinary.

You make laugh,leave me scratching my head,but also get me thinking.And If we can take anything away from this it would be this from Lenneth's blog: and I quote,

Research for yourself,get informed and teach others,even if it does not effect you or anyone you know!

I just love that!...this group were in means a lot to me,even if I don't agree with what's shared,the fact that we have this is special!

P.S. Does anybody remember 3.2 beer?
Take care Smile

Thanks, Lotus!! I DO try to help if I think I can and, I also try not to pull punches while, at the same time, trying not to hurt someone in the process. George Carlin and others like him are a big inspiration to me, so, like them, I tend to say it like it is! So, I'm glad I can get you (and others?) thinking!!
As for music, it IS my life!! I've been drumming all my life and recently started learning bass, keys and table. I'm hoping sitar and Chapman Stick are somewhere in my near future. I was in a local band for 25 years until about 8 years ago. :-( My singer just died 2 years ago, so, no chance for a reunion. I've been collecting records since I was 4 and have 51,000 of them, now. My oldest ones are about 135 years old.
Comedy is my second love.
Probably the biggest reason I "give a lot to digest" is because I don't have any real friends in my "personal" life and have no one, really, to talk to, so, I do all my talking here and other places online. I think a lot, so, I do a lot of formulating, processing and figuring things out.
I don't drink, so I have no idea what 3.2 beer is. I have a bottle of 3 Stooges Beer in the basement!

(05-10-2013, 07:55 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  
(05-10-2013, 06:26 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I dig that!! I'd LOVE to have the choice!! A few months ago, I found this movie online somewhere, but I can't recall what it was called!! :-( I was looking for a gender bender type of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde and found this movie where this teen boy suddenly becomes a girl!! After some figuring himself out, he gets to the point where he can change back & forth at will. early on, he meets a girl that he likes a lot and asks her out, but she won't go out with him unless her older brother says it's okay, so he comes out and gives the kid a hard time in a friendly way. Hockey is in the picture somewhere, too. Eventually, the boy finds out that the girls older brother is actually the girl as a guy and SHE can change at will, too!! I SURE wish I could do that!! In fact, I think EVERYBODY should get the chance to be the other sex, even for just a little while, to see what it's like so we can understand each other better and, if you decide to stay in one body or the other, you can!!

(05-10-2013, 07:55 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  Sounds similar to Jr Jekyll & Mrs Hyde

It's sort of like that. I've just seen Dr. Jekyll And Sister Hyde ( comedy from about 10 years ago) and a clip from a sci-fi "horror" version from the early `70's that I'd like to see, I think it was made by Dan Curtis (Dark Shadows).

(05-10-2013, 06:26 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Well, there ya go!! See? You DID want to be a girl from very early on!! So, why are you worrying about why you "suddenly" felt the need for a change?

(05-10-2013, 07:55 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  um, when did I say I was "worrying about why I suddenly felt the need for a change"? I think you have me mixed up with someone else.
Hmmm, I could've swore it was you that said that. Sorry.
(05-10-2013, 06:26 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  [quote='Lenneth' pid='85724' dateline='1380944843']well, there are utili-kilts, not quite the same but a start.

Yeah, but it's not the same thing, although, even wearing a kilt gets you a few crude remarks!! Besides, those things are a bit on the heavy side, not very attractive and cost a few HUNDRED dollars.

(05-10-2013, 07:55 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  Yes I know they aren't that nice looking, but as I mentioned they could be used as a starting point, and last I saw they ran about $120 ish new and i've seen them in some charity stores as low as $15.

Traditional Kilts however do run in the "Hundreds" or more mostly due to the sheer amount of heavy wool fabric used in making them.
My cousin, Bob, wears a kilt sometimes, but where he went to college, they had a kilty band that he was member of and, as we're part Scottish, it kinda goes with the lineage. If you can imagine Mitch Miller in a kilt, you know what he looks like.
Anyway, even $120.00 for a kilt is WAY too much!! I can get utility pants for about $20.00, why would a skirt, with much less material, cost 5 times as much? Besides, I don't do that kind of work, so, for the work I do, the loops and hoops in one those things would make playing drums a LOT harder!! I prefer a nice, short scooter/skater skirt! The ONLY "confining" part is the waist band!

It's sort of like that. I've just seen Dr. Jekyll And Sister Hyde ( comedy from about 10 years ago) and a clip from a sci-fi "horror" version from the early `70's that I'd like to see, I think it was made by Dan Curtis (Dark Shadows).

(05-10-2013, 07:55 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  um, when did I say I was "worrying about why I suddenly felt the need for a change"? I think you have me mixed up with someone else.
(05-10-2013, 06:26 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  [quote='Lenneth' pid='85724' dateline='1380944843']well, there are utili-kilts, not quite the same but a start.

(05-10-2013, 07:55 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  Yes I know they aren't that nice looking, but as I mentioned they could be used as a starting point, and last I saw they ran about $120 ish new and i've seen them in some charity stores as low as $15.

My cousin, Bob, wears a kilt sometimes, but where he went to college, they had a kilty band that he was member of and, as we're part Scottish, it kinda goes with the lineage. If you can imagine Mitch Miller in a kilt, you know what he looks like.
Anyway, even $120.00 for a kilt is WAY too much!! I can get utility pants for about $20.00, why would a skirt, with much less material, cost 5 times as much? Besides, I don't do that kind of work, so, for the work I do, the loops and hoops in one those things would make playing drums a LOT harder!! I prefer a nice, short scooter/skater skirt! The ONLY "confining" part is the waist band!

Sounds similar to Jr Jekyll & Mrs Hyde

(05-10-2013, 06:26 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  They told you horror stories of what a TS surgery looks like and what it does?

Not specifically TS, but all kinds of tv shows about Surgery nightmares and Doctor Screw ups.

um, when did I say I was "worrying about why I suddenly felt the need for a change"? I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

(05-10-2013, 06:26 PM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(05-10-2013, 04:47 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  well, there are utili-kilts, not quite the same but a start.

Yes I know they aren't that nice looking, but as I mentioned they could be used as a starting point, and last I saw they ran about $120 ish new and i've seen them in some charity stores as low as $15.

Apparently I'm not allowed to answer this!! I've tried twice all I get is a blank response!!

(05-10-2013, 11:29 PM)Lotus_4(.)(.) Wrote:  
(05-10-2013, 01:16 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Maybe this'll help

http://youtu.be/RCeze6v1DyM

http://youtu.be/bCHEO477u44

Does anyone remember the `80's and the `60's and how you could just be you and nearly everybody accepted it? Isn't it time for a rebirth?

http://youtu.be/VNXWMHu9An0
How bout, Audioslave -be yourself!Dodgy

Never heard of it. I'll look it up.

Hey Missed Miss,

Yeah I agree, comedy(laughter) is some of the best medicine,nGC is missed, I love Cheech and Chong,bCharlie Chaplin,b3 stooges (that's cool about the beer) and others. The 3.2% beer is what we able to drink when we were 18, as opposed to 7% beer if you were 21. You'd have to drink buckets of it to get a buzz, tasted like water, that was in the late 70's, .

Wow all that vinyl is impressive, old school even, I remember 45's on a little mono record player, it's too funny even to think about that. But hey, life is to short to sweat the small stuff, we're here to learn, share, teach, and possibly make some friends along the way, I'd be proud to call you a friend!Big Grin

P.S. I'm big believer in the paranormal, especially having experienced it!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon