Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Therapists

Therapists
On other sites they always discuss and even recommend the use of therapists,
On this site there never seems much discussion ?

a)
are we afraid of them ?

b)
do we dislike the system, ie involve ourselves in the system and we are one step nearer the sausage chopping conveyor belt ?
c)
do we consider ourselves a different species or type ?

d)
are we that confident in ourselves that we know what and who we are ?

e)
do we just dislike labels ?

f) do we or have we considered split personality disorder, hence my questions above, there is in some cases an argument for this , rare though,
Hope this thread does not cause to much angst, but the questions are valid and we sure do not fit the moulds of classic TS , well not all ?
Also read last night that under the TG umbrella only 1 in 10,000 is a classic Transsexual ?

Julie

(15-10-2013, 09:53 AM)julieTG Wrote:  are we afraid of them ? I'm not

do we dislike the system, ie involve ourselves in the system and we are one step nearer the sausage chopping conveyor belt? I've never heard anyone like us say anything good about "the system"

do we consider ourselves a different species or type? I wouldn't say different but definitely misunderstood

are we that confident in ourselves that we know what and who we are? I think I am but I doubt a therapist would help me get where I want to go. Rather, they would likely take me where THEY think I should to be.

do we just dislike labels ? I don't think they have an accurate label or category for us

f) do we or have we considered split personality disorder, hence my questions above, there is in some cases an argument for this , rare though, From what I know of all of you, myself and split personality, NONE if us have that!

Hope this thread does not cause to much angst, but the questions are valid and we sure do not fit the moulds of classic TS , well not all ?
Also read last night that under the TG umbrella only 1 in 10,000 is a classic Transsexual? I think the 1:10,000 is a number someone WANTS it to be. Furthermore, I don't have any confidence in their definitions and if they don't define a trait accurately, it's impossible to count accurately

Julie

Thank you Doodle
Julie

Maybe if I thought there was something wrong with me, I might choose to get help finding my way to a solution. As things stand, I don't believe there is anything wrong with me. On this topic anyway.

Good answer sfem! ...better than my own I think.

(15-10-2013, 09:53 AM)julieTG Wrote:  Therapists
On other sites they always discuss and even recommend the use of therapists,
On this site there never seems much discussion ?

a)
are we afraid of them ?

I Guess I am at least partly affraid of the in the sense that some of them force coming out to family etc (which would not go well with mine I can assure you) partly that most of the ones in this state I have researched are the "Fully Transition or don't Waste My Time" type, and the general attitude towards natural remedy's that big pharma have legislation etc backing up to the hilt, if they found out about PM some would more likely be all to willing to get its use banned or restricted because they would see it as a threat to their power of prescription and the kickbacks they may get from big pharma.

(15-10-2013, 09:53 AM)julieTG Wrote:  b)
do we dislike the system, ie involve ourselves in the system and we are one step nearer the sausage chopping conveyor belt ?

I think i covered that in the fisrt response.

(15-10-2013, 09:53 AM)julieTG Wrote:  c)
do we consider ourselves a different species or type ?

Partly, See Elaboration at the last response.

(15-10-2013, 09:53 AM)julieTG Wrote:  d)
are we that confident in ourselves that we know what and who we are ?

Yes, and I doubt I need someone else to tell me.

(15-10-2013, 09:53 AM)julieTG Wrote:  e)
do we just dislike labels ?

More the Nonsensical Stima that is usually associated with them.

(15-10-2013, 09:53 AM)julieTG Wrote:  f) do we or have we considered split personality disorder, hence my questions above, there is in some cases an argument for this , rare though,

IMHO it is not a Mental Disorder no matter how you are affected, instead it is a genetic variation of humanity (Sometimes Induced by Environment Pollutants or Chemical Imbalances that our Society impose on our Mothers) that is mistaken as one by the so-called "Experts" because of how Society as a whole has been engineered to be one that encourages the controlling of others through fear.

In Short we are not really any more different from the rest of humanity than a person of another skin color or cultural background are.

(15-10-2013, 09:53 AM)julieTG Wrote:  Hope this thread does not cause to much angst, but the questions are valid and we sure do not fit the moulds of classic TS , well not all ?
Also read last night that under the TG umbrella only 1 in 10,000 is a classic Transsexual ?

Julie

IMHO Their Should not be any Molds.

Therapists
The rapists

Therapists do serve a purpose. If one is confused and trying to sort things out or experiencing a lot of anxiety over something--anything, the right therapist can help sort things out and give a person the tools to cope. The wrong therapist can screw you up for a long time, and that is true regardless of why a person is going to therapy.

Many of us have recommended therapy, especially to the younger ones who come here and go back and forth endlessly over what to do, often because they still live at home and don't want to come out. Some aren't even 18, yet.

I think part of the reason we don't push therapy a lot is the methods used in NBE tend to take a long time for most people, and it is possible to stop long before things become too noticeable should one change his/her mind.

Monica

I agree with you

My view on the young ones though is at 18 if the urges are that strong then go and see a therapist and do the transition early while body mods can be effective and before a whole lif is built and made

It certainly never goes away does it ?

Julie

I've Been to therapy and it did wonders for me. I recommend anyone who's having issues with there level of TG should seek out a qualified counselor. Just airing things out getting perspective from an impartial person actually can aide you.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon