Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Good Video

A very good National Geographic Documentary on Gender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYKgoPZiOs

Thank you , Lenneth. Very good indeed.

In further reference to that Natinal Geographic video, my first encounter related to hijras was soon after I was sent to a boy’s boarding school at the age of seven (I don’t know how my mother afforded this; there were various grants and I suspect myn grandmother paid the balance). I was put in a dormitory in which the great majority of the boys had recently returned from India around the time of independence and partition, and they had lots of stories including some about men who got rid of their penises. When I asked how, one of the answers was by tying a string tightly around it. So I tried this, but it was quickly spotted by the bullying nurse in charge of the younger boys and I was made to stand on a chair in the middle of th dormitory in front of all the other boys while she cut it off. Thereafter I became one of her preferred victims. It was the sheer humiliation of the incident that made it stick in my mind, but now it seems to me to have a possibly different significance. Thereafter I did try to conform, but it never worked well. I hated the mandatory organised sports at which I was a very poor performer being told that I ‘threw like a girl’, and wasn’t aggressive enough. I particularly hated boxing, in which I wouldn’t defend myself and hated being urged to ‘go on, hit him!’. I did once hit another boy who broke a toy of mine, and it so shocked me that I resolved (possibly a form of self hypnosis since other resolutions of this kind that I have made always seem to have stuck)) that I would never again strike anyone in anger - and to the best of my recollection I have not.

My first knowing encounter with a probably intersex person was in my early teens when we met a man who lived nearby whom my mother said (with I think disapproval) used to be a woman. Actually he seemed to me to be like a middle aged woman dressed in men’s clothing, but I suspect that he had been sexually assigned as a woman at birth (and possibly sexually mutilated) and had much later succeeded in getting the assignment corrected. As for trying to pass as a woman, I think that my avatar is a fair representation!

For myself I think I find myself most comfortable taking a receptive role in sex and in being courted rather than courting, although I am much more attracted to relation ships in females. I don’t think I have ever initiated a date with any one although having been given a second chance contrived by the woman I love, we have had a mostly wonderful marriage for well over thirty years; and I certainly enjoyed my male function while it lasted. I don’t know where I am on the gender spectrum - it seems to vary according to circumstances. I’m sorry to sound so mixed up but I’m still trying to sort things out in my own mind.

Yeah, it WAS a cool video!! Thanks!!

I watched it and liked it too. Thanks for highlighting it Lenneth.

I don't know about you, but this video kinda bummed me out. A lot of betrayal, brutality, and just overall pigheadedness of people who can't mind their own damn business.

There must be something in the collective unconscious that makes most humans despise the counterfeit (or what they perceive to be that).

Honestly, it's really nobody's business what you look like, and if you don't press your beliefs on someone else or hit on them, why should they care?

Is it the primal part of the brain that says "unk... wanna go impregnate that... oh no... that not woman.. that man... must beat and belittle and expel from the herd?"

According to the video, about 50% of the life on earth is gender variant... I am happy to be more kin to my plants and the trees than the beer swilling dingus with the inflatable football man on his front lawn who whoops at "tits" and goes gay bashing.

I'm ready for the zombie apocalypse. At least the hoards of undead wont care if I have a c cup. (okay, wishful thinking on the c cup thing.) But still.

(22-10-2013, 05:26 AM)JustEmily Wrote:  I don't know about you, but this video kinda bummed me out. A lot of betrayal, brutality, and just overall pigheadedness of people who can't mind their own damn business.

That part of it cheesed me off, too!!

(22-10-2013, 05:26 AM)JustEmily Wrote:  There must be something in the collective unconscious that makes most humans despise the counterfeit (or what they perceive to be that).

For women it seems to be that they think an M-F TS is a guy pretending to be a girl because of a kink he's trying to fulfill, like, being able to pee on the toilet seats, or because he just wants to get into the women's bathroom so he can look at their bits and maybe try to rape them!!
For men, it's an affront to them (for some stupid Neanderthal reason) to be around another guy who has either given up his holy grail (his balls and dick) to join the other side, or they consider him a fag for so much as wearing clear nail polish on one finger! Also, they HATE it when they see a really good looking girl that they want to fuck REAL bad and then they find out that girl used to be a guy!! It INSTANTLY turns THEM into a potential fag and they have to go through MANY years of therapy to suss out what could POSSIBLY be wrong with them that they got a stiffy over another guy!! They get really pissed over shit like this and feel it is then their RIGHT to take matters into their own hands and beat the living shit out of a "girl" because she made him get a hard-on and then made him feel like a fag for falling for her!! Its like they can't own up to their OWN mistake!! Okay, you got wood over someone that USED to be a guy and you're not attracted to someone like that! So??? You made a mistake!! Live with it!! You've certainly done so with other mistakes. Like the many times you had your beer goggles on and got into a situation you REALLY wouldn't gotten into without the beer goggles!!
Basically, strangely enough, for as many times as Jerry Springer has done TS based shows and for all the trailer trash brain dead masses that LOVE that show, it's AMAZING how VERY many people have never even HEARD of a transgendered person!! In that very video you saw Joey's mom looking it up online and going, "THAT'S what's happening with my kid!! I never heard of that before!!" It's been in yer face for at LEAST the last 30 years!!!! How can you NOT have known about it, unless your head is buried in the sand, like it probably is about most other things, too?? I started hearing about it since the mid `70's!! The first two cases of it I ever heard of were Christine Jorganson and Walter/Wendy Carlos!! The next one I can recall was John Lithgow playing a football player that had a sex change in "The World According To Garp" in the early `80's!! I'd never heard of John before that and thought he really WAS a woman!! It wasn't until he mentioned having a sex change that I kinda figured it was probably a guy in drag, or one that actually DID have a sex change in real life!! But I CERTAINLY didn't go ape shit over it!! If he WANTED to get a sex change, okay! That's what he wants to do! I'M not going to try to stop him!! I'm also not going to shun him for it!!

(22-10-2013, 05:26 AM)JustEmily Wrote:  Honestly, it's really nobody's business what you look like, and if you don't press your beliefs on someone else or hit on them, why should they care?

EXACTLY!! There's a REALLY cool Fishbone song called, "Fishy Swa Ska", in which Angelo says, "You wear your clothes and I'll wear mine!! So what if I wear mis-matched monkey boots, pajama bottoms and suit made out of poison ivy for 6,000,000 days!!" http://youtu.be/G_s_tQ-mRSQ Then there's Jimi's, "If 6 Was 9" and his line, "I'M the only one that's got to die when it's MY time to die, so let me live MY life the way I WANT to!" And, as The Beatles said, "Let it be!"
And, y'know what REALLY cheeses me off about this? And this is probably going to sound a bit prejudiced, but, it's just the way it is!! Black people go out of their way to look strange! But, they're ALSO the FIRST one's to make fun of someone else that's dressed differently!!

(22-10-2013, 05:26 AM)JustEmily Wrote:  Is it the primal part of the brain that says "unk... wanna go impregnate that... oh no... that not woman.. that man... must beat and belittle and expel from the herd?"

Again, that's EXACTLY the reason WHY! He got a hard-on then found out he possibly shouldn't have, so he beats the shit out of the person that GAVE him wood instead of just letting it go as an honest mistake!! I've made that mistake a few times and just let it slide! In the mid `80's, I was madly in love with Carol, but she went back to her ex-boyfriend who refused to let her talk to me anymore, even though she still wanted to be my best friend. About half a year later, I was just walking around in Oakland and was introduced to these two gay guys, Ron and Russell. As it turns out, Carol knew both of them! When I first saw Russell, I think it was, he looked EXACTLY like Carol (except that he didn't have tits) and I was about to give him a hug and kiss until I found out he wasn't Carol!! Oops!! Okay, my mistake! Sorry. There's been a few guys I've seen from behind with really long hair (I LOVE long hair on a girl!), like on the second Alice Cooper album, "Easy Action", and I was enthralled with them until I found out they were guys. Okay, I dood a booboo! No big fat hairy deal. At one of our Woodstick gigs, there was some young kid walking around topless. He had no hair at all on his chest, at least in his late teens, but he looked younger, and he had pointy tits! I thought he was a young girl walking around topless!! Cool!! Then I took a good look at him and saw that he WAS a guy. Okay, sorry! I goofed!

(22-10-2013, 05:26 AM)JustEmily Wrote:  According to the video, about 50% of the life on earth is gender variant... I am happy to be more kin to my plants and the trees than the beer swilling dingus with the inflatable football man on his front lawn who whoops at "tits" and goes gay bashing.

SO AM I!!!! (Although I DO like whooping at tits, because their SOOOO PRETTY!!!! And because I want my own!!!!) Getting a sex change, or even just growing tits (for guys) is no different than changing the kind of car you want to drive around in!! But, because sex is involved, it's a perversion and taboo!! In the video, that guy says that as often as you see a red head is as often as you see a gender variant person. I'm betting there a LOT more of us than there are red heads!!!! How many red's do see on YouTube? Then look at how many THOUSANDS of sex change videos there are on there!! Okay, maybe red heads just don't like making videos!
[/quote]

(22-10-2013, 08:08 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(22-10-2013, 05:26 AM)JustEmily Wrote:  I don't know about you, but this video kinda bummed me out. A lot of betrayal, brutality, and just overall pigheadedness of people who can't mind their own damn business.

Welcome to the Club.

All the more fun when you are born one way, then figuratively pounded into 1 of 2 molds because you differ from both...and also your parents consent to it out of a phobic societally induced fear that should not even exist.
(I could go on and on but I won't)

(22-10-2013, 05:26 AM)JustEmily Wrote:  There must be something in the collective unconscious that makes most humans despise the counterfeit (or what they perceive to be that).

For women it seems to be that they think an M-F TS is a guy pretending to be a girl because of a kink he's trying to fulfill, like, being able to pee on the toilet seats, or because he just wants to get into the women's bathroom so he can look at their bits and maybe try to rape them!!
For men, it's an affront to them (for some stupid Neanderthal reason) to be around another guy who has either given up his holy grail (his balls and dick) to join the other side, or they consider him a fag for so much as wearing clear nail polish on one finger! Also, they HATE it when they see a really good looking girl that they want to fuck REAL bad and then they find out that girl used to be a guy!! It INSTANTLY turns THEM into a potential fag and they have to go through MANY years of therapy to suss out what could POSSIBLY be wrong with them that they got a stiffy over another guy!! They get really pissed over shit like this and feel it is then their RIGHT to take matters into their own hands and beat the living shit out of a "girl" because she made him get a hard-on and then made him feel like a fag for falling for her!! Its like they can't own up to their OWN mistake!! Okay, you got wood over someone that USED to be a guy and you're not attracted to someone like that! So??? You made a mistake!! Live with it!! You've certainly done so with other mistakes. Like the many times you had your beer goggles on and got into a situation you REALLY wouldn't gotten into without the beer goggles!!

that or beat a friend/co-worker to death because they don't care about their gf having been born a bit different, and thinking that somehow you did the world a favor.

Makes you want to puke doesn't it?

(22-10-2013, 08:08 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Basically, strangely enough, for as many times as Jerry Springer has done TS based shows and for all the trailer trash brain dead masses that LOVE that show, it's AMAZING how VERY many people have never even HEARD of a transgendered person!!

I hate that show, it was designed only to pick fights between other people Publicly Humiliate some and polarize opinions of the braindead masses more than they already were.

(22-10-2013, 08:08 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  In that very video you saw Joey's mom looking it up online and going, "THAT'S what's happening with my kid!! I never heard of that before!!" It's been in yer face for at LEAST the last 30 years!!!! How can you NOT have known about it, unless your head is buried in the sand, like it probably is about most other things, too?? I started hearing about it since the mid `70's!!

All thanks to the "Taboo" Nature of damned near everything.

(22-10-2013, 06:48 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  

Welcome to the Club.

I've been a member of the club for a LONG time!!

(22-10-2013, 06:48 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  All the more fun when you are born one way, then figuratively pounded into 1 of 2 molds because you differ from both...and also your parents consent to it out of a phobic societally induced fear that should not even exist.
(I could go on and on but I won't)

PLEASE don't let ME stop you!!

(22-10-2013, 06:48 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  that or beat a friend/co-worker to death because they don't care about their gf having been born a bit different, and thinking that somehow you did the world a favor.

Makes you want to puke doesn't it?

OH, YEAH!! This kid I used to work with thought it was his god given duty to kill gay people because it says so in the bible!!
And, like I've said elsewhere here, I had a few of them attack me, too!! One group tried to et me on fire and another guy tried to tackle me just as I stepped out on stage behind my drums!! REALLY sick people!!!!

(22-10-2013, 08:08 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Basically, strangely enough, for as many times as Jerry Springer has done TS based shows and for all the trailer trash brain dead masses that LOVE that show, it's AMAZING how VERY many people have never even HEARD of a transgendered person!!

(22-10-2013, 06:48 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  I hate that show, it was designed only to pick fights between other people Publicly Humiliate some and polarize opinions of the braindead masses more than they already were.

I know!! And where else can you see/hear an entire audience doing a group impersonation of chimpanzees? "Oot! Oot! Oot!", as they punch the air repeatedly. The dumbing down in action!!

(22-10-2013, 08:08 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  In that very video you saw Joey's mom looking it up online and going, "THAT'S what's happening with my kid!! I never heard of that before!!" It's been in yer face for at LEAST the last 30 years!!!! How can you NOT have known about it, unless your head is buried in the sand, like it probably is about most other things, too?? I started hearing about it since the mid `70's!!

(22-10-2013, 06:48 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  All thanks to the "Taboo" Nature of damned near everything.

We are just WAY too PC!!!! Who needs it???? Give me the `60's!!!! TONS of acceptance, there!!!! Even the `80's were WAY more tolerant!!!!!! Besides, both eras had INCREDIBLE music!!!!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon