Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Synthetics

Can't put icing on a cake that hasn't been baked yet. Whether one takes phytos or pharmas, the first development is probably going to be in the boob department. The icing would appear to be the loss of the last remaining male vestige. For those wishing to transition, that is. For those of us not so inclined, I would hazard a guess that the use of synthetics is more a result of not having the patience to try a variety of other things that may or may not produce the desired results versus a method that is rather well-proven to do so. A prime example of "to each their own".
By the way, Lotus, I rather enjoy my AARP card. Can't change my age, might as well enjoy the bennies. Patti

Patti,
Icing or whipped cream?

If your willing to take it,then that's the individuals choice,no argument from me,my cake has been baked for awhile now,to each their own,agreed!

Not impressed with the bennies,but that's my opinion,I'm pretty sure I've paid my due for that.I can appreciate other opinions even if I don't agree,thank you for yours of course!

Lotus

Lotus

Whipped cream on cake. Hmmm, sounds interesting. Strawberry shortcakes, now I'm all for that! Patti

(07-11-2013, 04:21 AM)PattiJT Wrote:  Lotus

Whipped cream on cake. Hmmm, sounds interesting. Strawberry shortcakes, now I'm all for that! Patti
Yummy!

(07-11-2013, 04:21 AM)PattiJT Wrote:  Lotus

Partial to Pie myself.....Wink

Patti,

Do you feel the synthetics gave you a different mental feeling to PM or the same ?

Julie

Rainbow 

Allow me to respond to the question about synthetics and mood as a way of delurking and hopefully contributing to a body of knowledge I've really valued over the last three months.

The combination of low-dose transdermal estrodiol (25mcg) and lowishdose PM (2000mg) has transformed my emotional being in a radical, unexpected and throughly satisfying way. My experience of life is much more rounded and balanced. Anger and frustration flair up from time to time but not as an every other day experience.

Let me offer this: I did not consider myself depressed before I started this regime but in comparison to how I feel NOW, I might have describe my pre-hormone experience as depressed.

I've been an out and proud gender radical for a long time. I identify as queer. If feeling great because of hormones means I have a trans brain then sweet, I'm game. I didn't feel any gender dysphoria before taking hormones. My desire for breasts, or some anatomy I could call breasts did lead me to try hormones and after six weeks very little, if anything, about my physical body has changed--this is likely due to a reluctance on my part to add androgens.

My doctor guesses that I will have six months or so of this emotional satisfaction before all the receptors adjust and change.

Bon voyage to all your journeys.

Adjust and Change ?
Sounds worrying
I too am far happier now also
So what's all this adjust and change business ?

Julie

it ain't like our bodies are staying the same

An amusing corollary occurred to me.

Compare NBE with cannabis, and synthetic drugs with... illegal synthetic drugs, I guess. Nearly all the pot smokers I know have absolutely no desire whatsoever to even try harder drugs like heroin, crack, or meth.

There may be a variety of factors at play here. Primarily, pot is readily available and legal in my state. The growers have had time to become professionals who produce an amazing product. Perhaps more importantly, most people are aware that there is a considerable difference in risk between consuming cannabis (proven mostly harmless and non-addictive), and consuming other drugs of unknown providence, potency, and risk. Variations in the strength of heroin are particularly dangerous.

The second point, while having empirical basis, also lends itself to psychological differentiation. Cannabis: a pretty plant that anyone could grow = innocence. Meth: manufactured using various toxic chemicals and dangerous processes not easily understood by the prospective user + a stronger criminal element in its distribution = probably best avoid this.

That isn't to say that synthetic pharmaceutical grade estrogens and anti-androgens are unknown factors -- they are heavily regulated for dosage and labeled properly. But we humans still tend to trust herbal products more than we trust something made in a lab from what we don't know. At the least, we know that a plant which doesn't kill us probably won't hurt us, or if it does, it will stop once we stop consuming it.

To bring this back round to the topic -- for me, PM seems to be doing what I want it to do. If it doesn't, oh well. I'm not going to mess with synthetics for something I can live without, namely, bigger boobs.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon