Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Odd situation. Not sure what to do. How do I handle this?

My reply didn't go through...

I said, There are other people there who I would consider as "friends" and I have asked them for help instead. I would hate to have to re-arrange his potato. LOL!!

I'm not a violent person.

~Jenny

(12-11-2013, 04:11 AM)JennyGenesis Wrote:  My reply didn't go through...

I said, There are other people there who I would consider as "friends" and I have asked them for help instead. I would hate to have to re-arrange his potato. LOL!!

I'm not a violent person.

~Jenny

Neither am I, but, sometimes a threat is all you need. I've also noticed over the decades that if you "beat up" a bully, all of a sudden they want to be your friend!! I remember one time I was going up to the drum section in band class in Jr. High School when some guy (I can't recall his name, but I STILL remember what he looked like!) was holding onto the metal bar that separates the rest of the band from the drum section and he was keeping me from getting up to the drum section. After a few minutes of his bullshit, I got really cheesed off and took my sticks in my right hand and smacked the hand of his that was on the bar right across the knuckles!! (If you hold the sticks at the tips and squeeze, when you hit with the lower stick, the upper stick will very quickly follow and you basically hit twice in one shot and it hurts a lot more!! And just a hard, quick tap, instead of a full hit, will suffice!) He quickly removed his hand, grasping it in pain and, from that moment onward, he & I were friends!!

I'm not too concerned yet as I don't feel threatened, it's just a work thing and I don't feel the need to share what I am doing to myself right now with the people I work with. I know that I don't like it and it's going to be increasingly harder to hide the more my body changes. I'm of the mindset... it is what it is... do what you have to do... make it happen... get to work... etc...

I was offered a new work area today. "Cool" right? Had to decline it because it would mean a newer/younger/less experienced employee would have to deal with this guy. I can't in good conscience leave the new kid to deal with this clown. And he is a new "kid" maybe 20 at best.

I will stay in my work area for the time being. I will just be the hard-ass MAN that I HAVE to be, IF I have to be. I'm SO NOT a hard-ass (man). I go to work and do my thing but I am such a girl...

I suppress my feelings all day long and my only relief is my lunch break, so I go outside and smoke a clove while walking around the only slice of nature I can find in the city I live in.

If I could, I would take off my work boots and walk bare-foot through the grass to help me relax a little bit. But, my "slice of nature" is an overgrown wooded/weeded area behind the building with NO grass. (I use my imagination). Luckily, I'm not affected by poison Ivy. Smile It's everywhere so I am the only who ventures there.

I take 10 minutes to eat whatever I brought for lunch (mostly veggies, with a little meat, either chicken or fish) go outside, smoke a clove cig sitting in a quiet corner of the weeded building day-dreaming for 20 minutes and back to work.

I really enjoy my overly weeded "slice-of-nature" time. I think I might start to bring my Ipod to work so I can further veg out on my lunch break. I don't bring it now because it's too tempting to use while working. If my name gets callled over the loud speaker for something, I won't hear it. Can't have that.

~all over the place, sorry ~

~Jen.

Maybe the new kid has a better way of dealing with the clown!!
Mom says dad and his mom could sit in a patch of poison ivy and never get it!! We just got a few sprigs of it growing in the side yards the past year or two and I dug out one of them this summer, but didn't ant to find out if I'm allergic to it, so I wore long plastic bags over my arms and hands to keep from getting it!! She also says that all she has to do is look at it and she gets it!! So, no point in risking it.

Jenny, I am reading a fairly mixed up situation from your posts on this. It sounds like you are discovering what sexual harassment has always been like for women. And your most recent post about "protecting" the younger person sounds like women who have been abused and still defend their abuser. There are a variety of reasons victims do this, but the main point is they are victims. Don't be a victim. Unless you are deciding you like this attention. In which case, stop protesting and enjoy. But the message you are sending is that it's okay to stay in an abusive situation and it never is.

I had a talk with him earlier this week. I let him know I didn't like his touching... he was all apologies and said it wasn't a sexual thing. He said it was just because we have a natural friend bond and he is sorry if he made me feel uncomfortable. I said "I understand that" to keep it light. Since our talk, this entire week has been amazing work wise.

Instead of moving to "a new work area" I will be moving to an even better work area. I will basically have 1/2 of 1 side of the shop for myself. Instead of my 1 bay and shared use of a 2nd bay. I was going to get 2 bays with share of a 3rd. Now... I will get 3 bays all mine, with a 4th shared bay. My bosses love my work ethic/production level. Definitely time to ask for a raise in pay.

I "took" the job at lower level pay to get my foot in the door. I didn't expect the harrassment but that's nipped now... so far...

I see a future for myself at this place because MOST employeees have been there 20+ years. There are NO female mechanics there... YET!! How will this game play out? Wink FTW!!

Glad to hear things are working out!!

Well handled glad you like your job so much

Unfortunately I have to comment on this post once again. I was repeatedly called fag boy, gay boy, homo, cock sucker, etc... All from one person throughout the day. By someone I hardly speak to. NO ONE at work knows about what I'm going through because I haven't come out or said anything at work yet. NO ONE!! My Aunt, cousin, and sister are the only ones who know other than all of you who read this. I still live/act in boy mode. I still keep facial hair for now.

I let it go for today but tomorrow I will be recording on my cell phone to protect myself. What to do?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon