Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Odd situation. Not sure what to do. How do I handle this?

(07-05-2014, 01:11 AM)JennyGenesis Wrote:  Unfortunately I have to comment on this post once again. I was repeatedly called fag boy, gay boy, homo, cock sucker, etc... All from one person throughout the day. By someone I hardly speak to. NO ONE at work knows about what I'm going through because I haven't come out or said anything at work yet. NO ONE!! My Aunt, cousin, and sister are the only ones who know other than all of you who read this. I still live/act in boy mode. I still keep facial hair for now.

I let it go for today but tomorrow I will be recording on my cell phone to protect myself. What to do?
After you get a few of those recordings, take them to HR or at least a boss/supervisor and let them hear them. If they are as good at their job as they like to think they are, this yob will at LEAST be talked to about it, if not fired!!
Something that might work better is a digital voice-activated recorder. You can just keep it in your shirt pocket and if he says anything, it'll automatically be recorded FOR you instead of you trying to whip out the phone and record in time to catch him at it.

Jenny, there are clear Federal guidelines about this. It's called workplace discrimination. Most companies will bend over backwards to avoid discrimination lawsuits. Is this Neanderthal a supervisor? Either way, you must keep detailed notes and as it continues, report it. If it does not stop then see a lawyer.
Sorry you have to go through this crap.
Hugs

(07-05-2014, 01:11 AM)JennyGenesis Wrote:  Unfortunately I have to comment on this post once again. I was repeatedly called fag boy, gay boy, homo, cock sucker, etc... All from one person throughout the day. By someone I hardly speak to. NO ONE at work knows about what I'm going through because I haven't come out or said anything at work yet. NO ONE!! My Aunt, cousin, and sister are the only ones who know other than all of you who read this. I still live/act in boy mode. I still keep facial hair for now.

I let it go for today but tomorrow I will be recording on my cell phone to protect myself. What to do?

Oh no, I feel for you I really do. Is this a new employee, or one that has worked there longer or as long as yourself ?

I had a similar situation at my present workplace a few years ago. I ended up going to my immediate boss and asking him if he wants to look for two new employees, after he looks at me puzzled and asked why I outlined for him what was going on, and if he does not make the problem go away chances are the guy is going to wind me up so much i`m going to take the guy out. ( you have to make sure your wording it in a way that cannot be taken as threatening )

Now, since that indecent I have become an employee rep in our plant ( we have an employee committee for 150 employees, not a union ) After an investigation is done, anyone in our plant doing bullying, belittling, sexual harassment ect has the pleasure of getting themselves 5 to 30 days unpaid vacation.

I know everybody's situation is going to be different, you may not have the support in place from management that a larger shop or factory has.

Peewee Herman had an answer to offensive name calling. "I know you are, but what am I?" Amazingly, this tact sometimes works. Oftentimes, the harasser has latent/secret homosexual tendencies that he/she is trying to cover up. Exposure is a constant worry for them.

But, a better tact, as was mentioned, is to document every occurrence of sexual harassment and then file a complaint, or at least threaten to file a complaint if this person doesn't stop. Note the date, time, location, and the insulting comment that was made in a notebook you carry with you, and do it on the spot if you feel safe to do so. The person will get the message that you are not going to stand for it any more.

Clara Angry

I told him, not asked... told him "to kill the gay shit" before you piss me off. No one at work has any idea thus far, I still keep to myself as a rule.

I have told more of my friends about my feelings and so far so good on ALL fronts. It's getting better, still difficult at times.

I do however still get a sideways comment at work some times but I know is just a joking thing. It comes from my friendlier/funnier co-workers... and I do dish it back, straight for the jugular. Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon