Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Testosterone

I've been taking saw palmetto and spearmint to keep my male hormones pounded down as far as possible without a prescription but I've noticed my beard is virtually unchanged. It might be just a tad bit easier to shave and perhaps a little slower to regrow but there's no mistake, it's back every morning. Is that an indication that my male hormones are still very much present? I guess I was thinking I was doing a good job of reducing my unwanted hormones but it dawned on me that if I was really successful, wouldn't my facial hair be reduced to peach fuzz? What are your thoughts? Those of you who have been on spiro, did it annihilate facial hair?

It takes a lot of time but eventually hair (Facial & Body) growth will slow down.

took me a bit over a year.....but then again my body seems to be able to create DHT practically out of thin air....

I'm of the similar mindset and pounding that sucker as much as I can,although slowed a bit the facial hair is still telling me that my T is still ever present.

Granted,we need some T in our routine to keep it all balanced and not become E dominate,the question is what's the right balance.Ive been taking SP,Chinese skullcap,spearmint and still feel like I'm missing something!

L. Wink

Lotus

with your growth

dont think your missing anything at all

Julie

Facial hair will not become peach fuzz, even when taking estradiol. It doesn't matter how low your serum T gets, once the follicles have matured into adult whiskers, that's how they stay. If you want to get rid of your facial hair, you will need to do some form of electrolysis or laser hair removal. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade.

(13-11-2013, 05:23 PM)chrishoney Wrote:  Facial hair will not become peach fuzz, even when taking estradiol. It doesn't matter how low your serum T gets, once the follicles have matured into adult whiskers, that's how they stay. If you want to get rid of your facial hair, you will need to do some form of electrolysis or laser hair removal. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade.

Well, that's good enough for me Chris. I just thought whiskers were an indication that my male hormones were still unacceptably high. Better to know they wont go away than launch a herbal assault on them that will never work. Thanks for the info!

(13-11-2013, 05:23 PM)chrishoney Wrote:  Facial hair will not become peach fuzz, even when taking estradiol. It doesn't matter how low your serum T gets, once the follicles have matured into adult whiskers, that's how they stay. If you want to get rid of your facial hair, you will need to do some form of electrolysis or laser hair removal. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade.

I'm glad someone in the know has stated this. I keep reading how those using pharmaceuticals need full-body electrolysis or laser hair reduction as part of all they go through while transitioning, then I come here and keep reading how PM or BO has nearly eliminated everyone's body/facial hair, and I think there is a lot of self-delusion taking place. It might happen in rare cases, some natal women have little to no body hair, naturally, but most women shave or wax a lot more than their genitals, and they have real estrogen flowing as opposed to weak mimics.

Doodlebug,

If you're set on reducing your facial hair I would recommend looking into laser hair removal or electrolysis. I've received numerous laser treatments. I still have to shave off some facial hair everyday, but it's much less than what I had to deal with before. It's so nice not to suffer from razor nicks and burns anymore!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon