Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

energy ideas?

Well I still have my eyeball,

But a splitting headache nonetheless,who ever said retina laser surgery wasn't painful was completely wrong!.Doc says you'll feel a prick,I was like,WHAT!,a little prick?.Dodgy......anyways,he's talking about the pain.Try more like crushing your eyeball with a pair of pliers you little PRICK,lol

After all the goup they put in your eye and shoots the laser for what's seems like forever,he lets my sit back for a minute,I close my left eye and all I see is ultraviolet.

It was like a acid flashback,minus all the pain,I'm no stranger to pain so this wasn't how they explained it.Mine was too build up the retina wall type that has thinned,so all blurry right know.

But he had the worst breath!!,man alive people!!,breath mint PLEASE!!

So thanks for your response's,I've actually lost almost 12 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks,cut coffee out of the daily diet,(4-5 cups a day) too!.

So I hope I can start some exercises back again,pulled a muscle or something to my hip after doing some lunges,couldn't walk for a few days!,so out of shape I suppose.

L. Wink
X

As someone who cannot stand pain, I really feel for you! Oh my, I do hope it feels better soon, and proves well worth the discomfort. Still, remembering my own acid recollections from many years ago, I am almost jealous. Back in the day, as they say, I enjoyed many an interesting adventure with a little assistance from Dear Mr Fantasy.

Mmmm, acid. Never had any pain, though.

Heh heh, Patti, that wasn't what I meant.Smile
Far from it!
I have some delightful memories ... I think ... from those days.Smile

Minus the pain from the surgery,or post op pain Sad

Thanks Samantha,
Your thoughts are very kind!

(20-11-2013, 09:58 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  one thing I have found that helps prevent some of the energy issues is eating more fruits and vegetables than normal along with an overall re-balancing by diet more in favor of sugars and protein, I also try to keep powerbars and cliff bars on hand for unexpected crashes.

(I also noted a noticeable improvement by cutting out anything microwave cooked)

that being said remember that I'm hypoglycemic and require a high sugar intake if you want to try a similar diet for yourselves, adjust accordingly for less sugar.

Because you're hypoglycemic Lenneth and I haven't had any experience, or need to look into your condition, this entire post is irrelevent for you so far. I will look into your condition though, because I love research and only want to help.

Keep reading, please....

For anyone else reading this... EAT REAL FOOD!! Anything organic is better for you because of less pesticides (grow a garden, I have one outside during spring/summer (3ftX5FT between the garages in "my hood" inner city dweller), inside for fall/winter (large fish tank, windows, etc). Make it happen.

In order, put these on your plate/eat in this order.... Veggies 1st (to fill), carbs/starches 2nd (potatos, carrots, bread for quick sugar/energy rush, meat 3rd (if you eat meat).

The reason behind this is simple.... fill up on veggies (NO CORN) veggies are medium haul, CHOMP THEM!! Starches are FAST HAUL, some veggies (potatos, carrots, yams, (underground veggies) you'll figure it out) and bread, bagels (I fkn HATE Bagels, common "breakfast" item that KILLS your ENTIRE DAY) are quick sugar rushes, that's why you have the energy slump mid-day. Then... the meat... SUPER SLOW HAUL.

Ideally you want to eat A LOT of veggies 1st so when the sugar from the starchy bread CRAP you shove down your throat runs out the good carbs/sugar from the veggies you ate first will kick in by then and keep you going, last to kick in is the meat. Meat protein takes forever to burn. The body is going to "burn fuel" the same way as all things, the path of least resistance. Carbs have a bad rep.... (diet industry) and YES it IS an industry. Carbs from REAL (organic) fruit/veggies burns right off. If you are going to eat bread products, look for "whole grain" as the 1st ingredient, if you see "enriched" ANYWHERE in the ingredients, put the loaf down, continue your search. The same goes for rice, cereal, etc... The reason they are "enriched" is because during the manufacturing process ALL beneficial vitamins/minerals are stripped/bleached (white bread) and then sprayed with, "enriched" with iron "usually".

Veg, Starch, Meat in order.... Try it. You can thank me later.

You WILL lose any extra weight following this post if you listen to me. I'm NOT a doctor or nutritionist, every BODY is different. Just sharing what I've learned. If you think about what I've posted it should make sense to you...

You want energy? This is my knowledge, from vitamins to eating right.

Just sharing.

I've been playing with the Paleo diet... this seems similar to your suggestions. Cutting out gluten really helped my heartburn.

The D and Foilc Acid seem to be kicking me back into action.

Thanks.

Oh, and here's a link.

Fish fingers and custard

(21-11-2013, 01:59 AM)Lotus_4(◦)(◦) Wrote:  Doc says you'll feel a prick.

Maybe he's one of THOSE kinds of doctors and meant that he was hoping you'd feel HIS little prick!!

(21-11-2013, 03:43 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  As someone who cannot stand pain, I really feel for you! Oh my, I do hope it feels better soon, and proves well worth the discomfort. Still, remembering my own acid recollections from many years ago, I am almost jealous. Back in the day, as they say, I enjoyed many an interesting adventure with a little assistance from Dear Mr Fantasy.
Great album!! The British version has more great psych tunes on it!!

(22-11-2013, 06:07 AM)JustEmily Wrote:  I've been playing with the Paleo diet... this seems similar to your suggestions. Cutting out gluten really helped my heartburn.

The D and Foilc Acid seem to be kicking me back into action.

Thanks.

Oh, and here's a link.

Fish fingers and custard

Happy to hear you cut out gluten...

Please keep me updated and let me know how you feel with Vitamin D and Folic Acid. It really changed my energy levels. Have you tried/found Kelp (Iodine)? I know some things can be hard to find locally depending on where you live on this big rock we call Earth. If I can help you locate something, I'm just a message away.

The you tube link was funny, looked like a "don't eat this crap" kind of thing. I'm craving fish and custard now. Thanks. Angry LOL!!

~Jenny~

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon