Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A little help from your friend

This came to me last evening:
For those of you guys wanting to grow tits, and those who already have.
Let's say you're invited to a gathering of people you haven't seen in years and they knew nothing of your want to grow tits. One of them walks up to you and notices that you have tits and comments on them. The conversation might go like this:
Them: Wow! You have tits!! You never had THOSE before!! How'd THAT happen?
You: Well, I've just always wanted to grow tits, so, I finally decided to go for it.
Them: But you're a guy!! That's not something guys normally do!!
You: I did! Trust me, there's a LOT of us around!!
Them: But, WHY did you grow tits?
You: I just wanted to have tits!
Them: But, you're a GUY!!
You: So? You are, too!
Them: But, I didn't grow tits!!
You: Did you WANT to grow tits?
Them: No!
You: Well, there ya go!! You didn't want to grow tits, so you didn't grow them! I DID want to grow tits, so I DID grow them!! It's my body, I can do whatever the hell I want to with it, right?
Them: Well, yes, but.....
You: No buts about it! MY body, MY choice! I don't have to ask ANYONE else's permission to do what I want with MY body!! I notice you have tattoos! Do you ask for anyone's permission to get them?
Them: No, I didn't.
You: You didn't have them the last time I saw you! Why did you get them?
Them: I just wanted tattoos!
You: Well, there ya go!! YOU wanted tats, I wanted tits! We both got what we both wanted and no harm to either of us! I won't raise a fuss about your tats if you don't raise a fuss about my tits!!

Something similar to this should work with pretty much anyone else who confronts you about having tits.

Here are my thoughts on what you wrote.

The first is I don't think getting a tattoo can really be compared to growing breasts. While both are typically permanent and can be thought of as an expression of oneself, I think that is where the similarities end. No doubt there is some stigma about having a tattoo, but I hardly think it is anywhere the same to disclosing your cross-gender identification or desire to feminize your body. I have a tattoo and I have shown it to numerous people, including family, friends and acquaintances. I am far more selective about disclosing my atypical gender identity and NBE pursuit.

The second is the likelihood of being confronted in such a brazen manner by people I am already acquainted with. I suspect the far more likely possibility is either people being dumbfounded or pointing and snickering behind my back.

The third is people who are so open and critical about me having breasts are probably the kind the of people who cannot be reasoned with and thus are best to ignore. It's unfortunate but possible there are some people who simply cannot wrap their minds around the concept of males wanting to grow breasts.

I think ÿou just enjoy the prospect of saying "tit for tat" too much. tutt-tutt.

(28-11-2013, 05:21 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  Here are my thoughts on what you wrote.

The first is I don't think getting a tattoo can really be compared to growing breasts. While both are typically permanent and can be thought of as an expression of oneself, I think that is where the similarities end. No doubt there is some stigma about having a tattoo, but I hardly think it is anywhere the same to disclosing your cross-gender identification or desire to feminize your body. I have a tattoo and I have shown it to numerous people, including family, friends and acquaintances. I am far more selective about disclosing my atypical gender identity and NBE pursuit.

The second is the likelihood of being confronted in such a brazen manner by people I am already acquainted with. I suspect the far more likely possibility is either people being dumbfounded or pointing and snickering behind my back.

The third is people who are so open and critical about me having breasts are probably the kind the of people who cannot be reasoned with and thus are best to ignore. It's unfortunate but possible there are some people who simply cannot wrap their minds around the concept of males wanting to grow breasts.

It doesn't necessarily have to be tattoos, ANY kind of "body modification" will do.
Tattoos are MUCH more accepted, especially these days, because they've been around for thousands of years and, these days, they are seen as extremely cool and hip! I know of a number of people with tattoo regret!! They got `em `cause they thought it was cool, then they grew up, saw how stupid it was and had them removed!
NBE is what YOU want to do with YOUR body. NOBODY can MAKE you stop or change it!!
This whole thing was basically an idea to try to help us overcome the prejudice of men having tits. Another weapon for you to use in your battle to win the acception you SHOULDN'T HAVE to fight for!! You DO want to win this, don't you? I'm just trying to come up with another way to help.

So, you don't think that an old high school chum that you haven't seen SINCE high school, would call you out over this?

Oh, I can guarantee you there are LOADS of people that can't deal with ANY form of what they consider homosexuality.

MM

(28-11-2013, 05:30 AM)JustEmily Wrote:  I think ÿou just enjoy the prospect of saying "tit for tat" too much. tutt-tutt.

It is easier to say than boobs and a LOT easier to say than breasts. A boob is someone of little intelligence, and I CERTAINLY don't see tits as boobs!! Also, to me, boobs are flabby bags of skin that just hang uselessly from ones chest. I prefer to say tits instead of boobs, besides, no matter what you call them, everyone knows what you're referring to, so, why should "tits" be banned but BOOBS is not?? Little kids use the word, "boobs", I thought we were adults, here.

(28-11-2013, 05:30 AM)JustEmily Wrote:  I think ÿou just enjoy the prospect of saying "tit for tat" too much. tutt-tutt.

I'm reminded of an old Benny Hill routine where he's talking to an attractive young woman and asks her, "Do you believe in giving tit for tat?"

The young woman replies, "Of course."

Hill responds with a lascivious grin, "Okay, tat."

(28-11-2013, 06:20 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  

Tis is a LOT easier to say that breasts and easier than boobs. And, as a boob is someone of little intelligence, and I CERTAINLY don't see tits as boobs!! Also, to me, boobs are flabby bags of skin that just hang uselessly from ones chest. I prefer to say tits instead of boobs, besides, no matter what you call them, everyone knows what you're referring to, so, why should "tits" be banned but BOOBS is not?? Little kids use the word, "boobs", I thought we were adults, here.

I think you missed Emily's attempt at humor. however, I think adults say, "breasts." Hence, the name of this site being "breastnexus" as opposed to "boobsnexus" or "titsnexus."

Besides, "tits" sounds more like a snack or something. Could I get an order of tater tits, please? Shy

(28-11-2013, 06:03 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  It doesn't necessarily have to be tattoos, ANY kind of "body modification" will do.
Tattoos are MUCH more accepted, especially these days, because they've been around for thousands of years and, these days, they are seen as extremely cool and hip! I know of a number of people with tattoo regret!! They got `em `cause they thought it was cool, then they grew up, saw how stupid it was and had them removed!
NBE is what YOU want to do with YOUR body. NOBODY can MAKE you stop or change it!!
This whole thing was basically an idea to try to help us overcome the prejudice of men having tits. Another weapon for you to use in your battle to win the acception you SHOULDN'T HAVE to fight for!! You DO want to win this, don't you? I'm just trying to come up with another way to help.

So, you don't think that an old high school chum that you haven't seen SINCE high school, would call you out over this?

Oh, I can guarantee you there are LOADS of people that can't deal with ANY form of what they consider homosexuality.

MM

I guess I have a very different perspective from you regarding this issue. It would be nice to gain acceptance from others, but I don't see trying to justify my decisions to everyone I meet as a practical way to achieve this. I think sometimes silence is golden. Outside of NBE, there are all sorts of decisions and such I have made that others may disagree with or even fail to comprehend. My stance with politics, my lack of belief in the supernatural, and my preference to not have kids are all things that others may never express acceptance of.

In the other words, walking on the paths I take in life are not intrinsically dependent on gaining acceptance from others. It may be worth it to express myself to the fence-sitters and those who are open-minded but are unaware of NBE and such. However, I would avoid doing the same with those who have a vitriol attitude towards those who do not conform to their rules about gender identity and expression.

Do I think people might call me out on my decision to pursue NBE? Absolutely. I think not engaging in what probably will be a fruitless argument says a lot more about my self-confidence than any verbal argument I could produce. I'm all for informing those who are curious and potentially receptive about NBE, but arguing with prejudiced bigots I think is a waste.

(28-11-2013, 07:13 AM)MonikaT Wrote:  
(28-11-2013, 06:20 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  

Tis is a LOT easier to say that breasts and easier than boobs. And, as a boob is someone of little intelligence, and I CERTAINLY don't see tits as boobs!! Also, to me, boobs are flabby bags of skin that just hang uselessly from ones chest. I prefer to say tits instead of boobs, besides, no matter what you call them, everyone knows what you're referring to, so, why should "tits" be banned but BOOBS is not?? Little kids use the word, "boobs", I thought we were adults, here.

I think you missed Emily's attempt at humor. however, I think adults say, "breasts." Hence, the name of this site being "breastnexus" as opposed to "boobsnexus" or "titsnexus."

Besides, "tits" sounds more like a snack or something. Could I get an order of tater tits, please? Shy

All this talk about what to call breasts reminds me of the breast cancer awareness slogan "Save the Tatas."

(28-11-2013, 06:03 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  This whole thing was basically an idea to try to help us overcome the prejudice of men having tits. Another weapon for you to use in your battle to win the acception you SHOULDN'T HAVE to fight for!! You DO want to win this, don't you? I'm just trying to come up with another way to help.

MM

The main problem I see with your argument is that breasts and tattoos are not the same kind of fruit. If you have a tattoo or don't have one, you're not breaking any rules. But breasts are different. Whether you like it or not, for all intents and purposes, breasts belong on women. It might not be written in any law books but we all know it's a "law" of nature. [You're hypothetical person is saying] ...You're crossing the line and need correction!

Honestly, I can't imagine that conversation ending well with anyone I know. At least anyone I want to maintain a relationship with. Everyone I imagined having that conversation with would "listen" (Minnesota nice) but then walk away shocked and after pondering it for a while, probably toss me into the looney bin preferring to rejoin the majority that believe breasts belong on women alone. Your approach might work in 2099 with the last bigot on earth who can't accept blended genders but right now, you're trying to change a foundational crux of anthropology. Personally, I'd try to deflect the comment by making light of it or saying I'm on a treatment that causes gynecomastia.

Last weekend, my father-in-law was at a trade show and encountered a cross dresser. When he was telling me about it, he referred to the person as one of those "funny people, you know, a guy who wants to be a girl". Fortunately, I was able to maintain my composure and get away because I didn't know what to say. I WISH I would have been prepared to say this:

Father-in-law: "I saw a transgender weirdo today"

Me: "did you talk to him?"

Father-in-law: "no"

Me: "You should have. Most people like that are very nice but have a lot of pain and inner turmoil. Why else would he bring so much condescension upon himself? You COULD have been the ONE compassionate person he needed to hear from today. The one person who would say, 'you're OK, I accept you as you are and want to be a friend to you.'"

...Next time I'll be prepared and hopefully I'll win one for grace and acceptance. Maybe sometime, my Father-in-law will discover that he's known one of those weirdo's for 20 years.

Edited to fix a couple typeO's and rearranged a sentence for clarification

Pretty sure if they notice my breasts they will have noticed I'm wearing a dress and heels....

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon