Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Songs about transitioning

I had been looking for some music that I can listen to for my life situation (exploring transition, finding out my real gender, wife leaving because of it,) and I wanted to share a song that really stuck out to me. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it and relate to it as well. Smile

I'm not a fan of heavy metal music. However, I find this to be a good but sad song. The lyrics I especially like are:

Quote:Are we born to be broken, sinners and thieves?

Quote:In the end I've made the choice and will not die ashamed.

My friend, Carla Beck (nee Carl), is M-F TS and wrote a number of songs about her transition, some of which appear on her first album, "Newz From Nowhere", by her band, Rubyiat. She has a few more she wrote for her potential second album and asked me to produce it and play drums on it, then she just decided not to do it at all!! She says she can't trust her ears anymore to allow her to record a good-sounding album! Her stuff sounds like late Waters era Pink Floyd.

You can also think of Hendrix's, "If 6 Was 9", as a song about that, too.

I don't know about transitioning music, but this might be a useful link for exploring tg music.

http://www.tgforum.com/wordpress/index.p...usic-2013/

I just watched "Frozen" with my little girls last night (for the first time,) and this song almost made me cry. It is very fitting for what I am going through right now:

Victim of Changes.... Im not sure its about transition, but I can connect with Rob Halford, always liked Judas Priest.... I used to be pissed when he came out as gay but now I see even more connections to myself in their music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKSU1W0ZUmQ

Whiskey woman don't you know that you are drivin' me insane
The liquor you give stems your will to live and gets right to my brain
Don't you know you're driving me insane
You're tryin' to find your way through life
You're tryin' to get some new direction
Another woman got her man
She won't find no new connection

Takes another drink or two, things look better when she's through

Takes another look around, you're not goin' anywhere
You've realized you're gettin' old and no one seems to care
You're tryin' to find your way again
You're tryin' to find some new...
Another woman's got her man
But she won't find a new...

Takes another drink or two, things look better when she's through

You 'bin foolin' with some hot guy
I want to know why is it why
Get up get out you know you really blew it
I've had enough, I've had enough, good God pluck me

Once she was wonderful
Once she was fine
Once she was beautiful
Once she was mine...she was mine

Now change has come over her body, she doesn't see me anymore
Now change has come over her body, she doesn't see me anymore

Changes, changes, changes, changes
Victim of changes

(30-03-2014, 01:05 AM)fwoodhull Wrote:  I just watched "Frozen" with my little girls last night (for the first time,) and this song almost made me cry. It is very fitting for what I am going through right now

If you like that song, I highly recommend watching Rapunzel sing "When will my life begin" in Tangled.

(30-03-2014, 03:06 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  [quote='fwoodhull' pid='107313' dateline='1396137926']
I just watched "Frozen" with my little girls last night (for the first time,) and this song almost made me cry. It is very fitting for what I am going through right now

If you like that song, I highly recommend watching Rapunzel sing "When will my life begin" in Tangled.

That really does sound about right.

Here are some more that you might find interesting:

This one kind of grows on me:

How would you like a voice like his?

Enjoy being a girl?

What's your favorite color?

I like 'em too:

Clara Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon