Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mind and Body

“You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct and control your own environment. You can make your life what you want it to be.” Napoleon Hill (1883-1970).

(08-01-2014, 10:28 PM)Ceci82 Wrote:  “You are the master of your destiny. You can influence, direct and control your own environment. You can make your life what you want it to be.” Napoleon Hill (1883-1970).
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, Powerful.........

From my schooldays I remember a Victorian poem, Invictus by William Ernest Henley, which ended with the lines;
"I am the captain of my soul
I am the master of my fate"
Another very memorable couplet was;
"I thank whatever gods there be
For my unconquerable soul"
I always used to feel that it was splendidly resonant although rather arrogant, but I seem to be in a minority. Apparently Nelson Mandela was inspired by it, and it is very widely quoted inspirationally in other works.

It’s how you show up at the showdown that counts. -- Homer Norton

I have an app on my phone that updates success quotes hourly. This one is quite fitting, I think:

"I know the price of success: dedication , hard work and the unremitting Devotion to the things you want to see happen."- Frank Lloyd Wright

(14-01-2014, 05:18 AM)caitemh Wrote:  I have an app on my phone that updates success quotes hourly. This one is quite fitting, I think:

"I know the price of success: dedication , hard work and the unremitting Devotion to the things you want to see happen."- Frank Lloyd Wright
-----------------------------
LOVE IT. Smile

Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. -Martin Luther King Jr., civil-rights leader (1929-1968)

Labeling is nothing but a civilized version of

judgment. It has brought nothing but pain in

humanity. It has made this beautiful colorful life

into an agonizing world of black and white world.
It's all due to Labeling. They label, 'cause they

think they know. Fools always think they know.

That's why they pass judgment on anything, they think

they know. They think their college education has

made them smarter and wiser, what a fool they are.
Let us not be "Normal" if we want a better world.
Look around and see what normal has done to our Earth

and people. Just feel the pain. It is Normal.

The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. -- William James

Most people think that shadows follow, precede, or surround beings or objects. The truth is that they also surround words, ideas, desires, deeds, impulses and memories. -Elie Wiesel, writer, Nobel laureate (b. 1928)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon