Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

The Three E's, (E1), (E2), (E3)

Thanks Lotus, I will read those articles later today. Smile

Thanks Samantha and Lotus, I spent an hour or so at o'dark thirty this morning perusing the site for PC related topics and OMG, the comments were all over the board, ergo my question. Huh Guess I'll forego it for now. Like you I tried it when I was doing herbs other than PM, and although I had growth, not sure if it was related to the PC, the herbs, noggling, or all 3. Once I start my 1000 mg PM ramp up tomorrow, I guess I'll see how it goes for a couple months and may sneak some PC in after a couple of months just to see if there is any positive effect. I WAS planning on continuing with SP with the PM, but based on JACP114's post, I'm not sure WTF to do... in spite of common wisdom, I have read several places over the years that SP could interfere and even block PM, so I will look at adding the other three areas, the Pro-hormone will be easy "Lots of fats and protein..." Yee Haw as we say down here! Big Grin So we'll see. (Crap, off topic again... Blush )

I'm starting to feel like I'm looking for the Holy Fucking Grail! (I know, you're all thinking Rolleyes welcome to the club!) Think I'll change my name to Lady Boobsalot (kinda like Sir Lancelot... Cool).

Happy journeying girls!
Lisa

Lisa,

When you have the time take a look at the anti-androgen thread, I'm trying reishi mushrooms as my A-A:

Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)-
Red reishi, commonly known as LingZhi in Chinese, is a mushroom thought to have many health benefits. In a research study exploring the anti-androgenic effects of 20 species of mushrooms, reishi mushrooms had the strongest action in inhibiting testosterone (3). That study found that reishi mushrooms significantly reduced levels of 5-alpha reductase, preventing conversion of testosterone into the more potent DHT. High levels of DHT are a risk factor for conditions such as benign prostatatic hypertrophy (BPH), acne, and baldness.

Swansons didn't carry white peony otherwise I would have gone to that:

White Peony (Paeonia lactiflora)-
Chinese peony is a widely grown ornamental plant with several hundred selected cultivars. Many of the cultivars have double flowers with the stamens modified into additional petals. White peony has been important in traditional Chinese medicine and has been shown to affect human androgen levels in vitro. In a 1991 study in the American Journal of Chinese Medicine Takeuchi et al described the effects of paeoniflorin, a compound found in white peony that inhibited the production of testosterone and promoted the activity of aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen (7). To date, there have been no studies that translate or explore the clinical effects.

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=17416

Not to confuse you anymore! Smile

Thanks LA,

Those both sound like viable alternatives. Since the WP appears to be hard to find, where did you find the 'shrooms? (I used to ask that question in high school a LOT ! Tongue ).

And no worries honey, I seem to live in the State of Confusion lately!

Lisa

(20-01-2014, 05:15 PM)peggy Wrote:  Lotus, in "your" article they say that Estriol is quite safe and has a major anticancer role. However in the following article they say the opposite:

Quote:Is it true that estriol or other human estrogens are safe in terms of cancer risk? In Europe, conventional physicians commonly prescribe estriol for menopausal symptoms. Because estriol is quite a weak estrogen, physicians thought that there was no need to add a progestin, as is done with other estrogens, to protect the uterus. Whoops. Studies show that estriol, like other estrogens, increases the risk of endometrial cancer and endometrial hyperplasia (abnormal growth of uterine cells).

The claim that estriol decreases breast cancer risk is based entirely on a theory described decades ago by one Henry M. Lemon, who thought that estriol could prevent and treat breast cancer. Lemon published a review article in which he described giving estriol to 24 women with breast cancer. Two women developed endometrial hyperplasia (a precursor to endometrial cancer), and six women developed metastases. That's right: one quarter of those treated with estriol saw their cancers spread to other locations.

http://nwhn.org/harmless-hormones-bah-humbug

What do you think about that?

Think about what? That article didn't link to any studies that I could read for myself and determine if they acutally support the authors argument.

I also discount most 'review' studies because they are not based on the authors personal research, they are a review of choice papers that the author has chosen to support his/her conclusion. The problem is, is that raw data is not usually available, and the author usually takes already thin statistical evidence and extrapolates it into even greater risk.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon