Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Transgender Film Recommendations

Well, it's like how "Vanilla Sky" is basically the same thing as "Abra Los Ojos". (sp?)

I'm a little late to read this thread obviously but I can't believe no one mentioned this yet: Anyone looking for a great documentary on transgender should watch "Trans". I haven't seen a lot of documentaries / movies about being trans but this one would be really good to show someone who has an open mind and wants or needs to know more about it. It tells several stories of trans people and does so very well. It's a high quality production ...top notch in all aspects.

http://transthemovie.com/

(02-09-2014, 11:57 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  I'm a little late to read this thread obviously but I can't believe no one mentioned this yet: Anyone looking for a great documentary on transgender should watch "Trans". I haven't seen a lot of documentaries / movies about being trans but this one would be really good to show someone who has an open mind and wants or needs to know more about it. It tells several stories of trans people and does so very well. It's a high quality production ...top notch in all aspects.

http://transthemovie.com/

Thanks Kari,
I will certainly watch this with keen interest. In your opinion is it one for SO's to watch especially ones like mine who is very very negative about my GID. Dodgy

Hugs
Heather X

(03-09-2014, 10:30 PM)Heather-H Wrote:  Thanks Kari,
I will certainly watch this with keen interest. In your opinion is it one for SO's to watch especially ones like mine who is very very negative about my GID. Dodgy

Hugs
Heather X

Yeah, as long as she is acquainted with TG in general I think it would be good for her to watch. If she's still pretty naive about all things TG, she might be a little surprised by some of the content. There's a story about a little girl who was unmistakably TG at 2-3 years of age. Another about a TG who committed suicide. Two MtF's who went through transition including SRS at the expense of family and friends and of course the story of Christin McGinn (MtF SRS surgeon) who is now married to a female with children they created together - a very heartwarming love story BTW. So..., a little "diverse" shall we say??? ...Basically, the movie makes a very compelling argument that TG is NOT a choice; you either had it at birth or acquire it along the way by no fault of your own. If your wife hears that message while watching the movie, I think nothing but good would come of it. However, if she's straight laced, conservative or a little narrow minded, it might challenge her thinking more than she would be comfortable with. Maybe you should watch it online (for a small fee) and see what you think before you show it to her. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

(05-09-2014, 03:34 PM)kari leigh Wrote:  
(03-09-2014, 10:30 PM)Heather-H Wrote:  Thanks Kari,

Hugs
Heather X

Yeah, as long as she is acquainted with TG in general I think it would be good for her to watch. If she's still pretty naive about all things TG, she might be a little surprised by some of the content. There's a story about a little girl who was unmistakably TG at 2-3 years of age. Another about a TG who committed suicide. Two MtF's who went through transition including SRS at the expense of family and friends and of course the story of Christin McGinn (MtF SRS surgeon) who is now married to a female with children they created together - a very heartwarming love story BTW. So..., a little "diverse" shall we say??? ...Basically, the movie makes a very compelling argument that TG is NOT a choice; you either had it at birth or acquire it along the way by no fault of your own. If your wife hears that message while watching the movie, I think nothing but good would come of it. However, if she's straight laced, conservative or a little narrow minded, it might challenge her thinking more than she would be comfortable with. Maybe you should watch it online (for a small fee) and see what you think before you show it to her. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

Many thanks dear kari,
I will pay for the downloaded version, in my book it's money well spent. My wife just refuses to believe I'm TG but is willing to accept my need to CD. She has even blamed this BN forum for turning my mind, I could not believe my ears and wasted the next hour trying to convince her otherwise. Her attitude and opinions regrettably remain unchanged, which is why I thought a suitable film may succeed where I have failed.
To a point she is in some sort of denial and I have reassured her that our marriage can be happy and remain intact. This has not cut any ice and I have been warned in no uncertain terms that once I go further and even get HRT from the doctor " were finished" ! Angry

Sorry, I'm bending or breaking the thread. I have made a note of all the films and even investigating some valuable reading matter..

Cheers again kari, you are a dear.

Hugs
Heather

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon