Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Due Diligence

(11-01-2014, 03:12 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Wow, I missed this thread entirely and suddenly it is three pages long. So I was reading along, and, well honestly? I was a little disappointed and a little ... dare I say it? ...a little bored.
"Here we go again" I was thinking, "Here's another thread about what we call ourselves and about how to parse which name and which label and so on and so on" And, ok, hate me if you must (I get that some, and I can handle it) But, honestly, who cares?
Trans-this, trans-that.... Isn't all that verbiage more for the therapists and lab coats who try to figure us all out and then write about us for their peer reviewed studies? Personally, I just don't care for labels at all. I come here not for that at all. No, I come here, and have been coming here for a long time now, for just two reasons. I come here for information about herbal breast boosting, that is for sure. But, and this was not always the case, I also come here to be in a place where I fit.
Look, we are all here because for one reason or another, and to one degree or another, we all find ourselves somewhere along a line that heads away from "normal" (whatever normal means...heh heh heh). Some of us drop by for awhile and then give it up and drift away. Others, like this old girl, hang around for years, coming back regularly because... honestly... Because coming here makes us feel less alone. Am I right? In this crazy world that isn't how we would wish it to be and where it is very difficult to be whomever we might fervently wish to be.... it can be lonely, right? I honestly love all you crazy strange mixed up people. I love the humor and the friendships and the fellowship. I even love the little squabbles now and then. And when each of you disappear, I miss you. I really do.
I mean, really... Where does a genetic guy trying to grow breasts go for fellowship? It isn't on Craigs list. Not too many choices, I warrant. Smile
And that's why I come here girls and boys. Because you folks make me feel as though I am not the only one going through this. You make me feel as though I am not, in fact, alone.
So, thanks.Smile
Though, truth be told, (heh heh) I bet I am speaking for a lot of you.Rolleyes

Anyway, so I was glad when the thread turned to how we express our particular selves and our particular point on the road to where ever. Yes, by all means, let's talk about that! Yes, let's talk about what to wear! Or makeup! Or shoes! Let's talk about aspirations and dreams. Let's talk about who broke our heart and whose heart we broke. Let's talk about heartache and pain and joy and fun (and sex, too, for those of you whose parts still work... Heh heh heh) That's the good stuff. That's the stuff that keeps us coming back. And after that we can go back to exercising our eyes and brains with a trip into one of dear Lotus' many wonderful informational links. That's the stuff we are here for, isn't it? Let the shrinks worry about what to call us, eh?Tongue
Love to you all!

Very succently put Smile

(11-01-2014, 03:46 AM)myboobs Wrote:  
(11-01-2014, 03:12 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Wow, I missed this thread entirely and suddenly it is three pages long. So I was reading along, and, well honestly? I was a little disappointed and a little ... dare I say it? ...a little bored.
"Here we go again" I was thinking, "Here's another thread about what we call ourselves and about how to parse which name and which label and so on and so on" And, ok, hate me if you must (I get that some, and I can handle it) But, honestly, who cares?
Trans-this, trans-that.... Isn't all that verbiage more for the therapists and lab coats who try to figure us all out and then write about us for their peer reviewed studies? Personally, I just don't care for labels at all. I come here not for that at all. No, I come here, and have been coming here for a long time now, for just two reasons. I come here for information about herbal breast boosting, that is for sure. But, and this was not always the case, I also come here to be in a place where I fit.
Look, we are all here because for one reason or another, and to one degree or another, we all find ourselves somewhere along a line that heads away from "normal" (whatever normal means...heh heh heh). Some of us drop by for awhile and then give it up and drift away. Others, like this old girl, hang around for years, coming back regularly because... honestly... Because coming here makes us feel less alone. Am I right? In this crazy world that isn't how we would wish it to be and where it is very difficult to be whomever we might fervently wish to be.... it can be lonely, right? I honestly love all you crazy strange mixed up people. I love the humor and the friendships and the fellowship. I even love the little squabbles now and then. And when each of you disappear, I miss you. I really do.
I mean, really... Where does a genetic guy trying to grow breasts go for fellowship? It isn't on Craigs list. Not too many choices, I warrant. Smile
And that's why I come here girls and boys. Because you folks make me feel as though I am not the only one going through this. You make me feel as though I am not, in fact, alone.
So, thanks.Smile
Though, truth be told, (heh heh) I bet I am speaking for a lot of you.Rolleyes

Anyway, so I was glad when the thread turned to how we express our particular selves and our particular point on the road to where ever. Yes, by all means, let's talk about that! Yes, let's talk about what to wear! Or makeup! Or shoes! Let's talk about aspirations and dreams. Let's talk about who broke our heart and whose heart we broke. Let's talk about heartache and pain and joy and fun (and sex, too, for those of you whose parts still work... Heh heh heh) That's the good stuff. That's the stuff that keeps us coming back. And after that we can go back to exercising our eyes and brains with a trip into one of dear Lotus' many wonderful informational links. That's the stuff we are here for, isn't it? Let the shrinks worry about what to call us, eh?Tongue
Love to you all!

Very succently put Smile

That pretty close to captures it for me. Well said! I come here for companionship and learning. "Crazy mixed up" -- that's me, a true CMU.

(11-01-2014, 03:12 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  "Here we go again" I was thinking, "Here's another thread about what we call ourselves and about how to parse which name and which label and so on and so on" And, ok, hate me if you must (I get that some, and I can handle it) But, honestly, who cares?

I don't hate you, Samantha, but I have to say that I DO care. All my life I've been confused and under the misconception that mine was the mind of some kind of narcissistic deviant. It wasn't until I read about the transgender condition that I began to understand and feel better about myself. Finding my 'label' is comforting to me. I am not alone; there are other people like me -- different in certain ways. Also, finding my box among boxes helps me to anticipate other aspects of my nature and to guide me on my journey of self-discovery.

I don't mean to be confrontational. I respect your view, but I wanted to express mine, too.

CK Smile

Thats cool, everyone is different, right? I can understand the comfort factor. I guess I just passed that point so long ago that I forget. Sorry.Rolleyes
If I think about it, I can remember a time when I worried about labels and fitting in... sigh... therapy helped with that. My constant goal now is forgiveness, compassion and love for that little person inside that spent all those years actually listening to and giving credence to the voices in my head. You know... the well meaning, but inadequate teacher or parent or friend, the voice from a tv show or a song... All those voices that are not "you" but rather someone, anyone else... They are all there inside all the time, jockeying for position and trying to control how we act and feel. Telling you what you "should be". God, how I now hate the word "should".
Life is a lot more fun once we begin actually listening and trying to hear the voice of that little person inside that really is who we are at our core. Learning to love and support that little person makes all the difference. Forgiving them for not being what everyone else said they "should" be is, I think, the first step.
Aw, jeez... There I go again... Somebody just tell the old bird to sit down!Tongue
I wish you all the best, Clara!

(11-01-2014, 06:02 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  ...My constant goal now is forgiveness, compassion and love for that little person inside that spent all those years actually listening to and giving credence to the voices in my head... Life is a lot more fun once we begin actually listening and trying to hear the voice of that little person inside that really is who we are at our core. Learning to love and support that little person makes all the difference. Forgiving them for not being what everyone else said they "should" be is, I think, the first step.
Aw, jeez... There I go again... Somebody just tell the old bird to sit down!

The little girl inside me is jumping up and down screaming, "Yeah, yeah, what she said!" ...Accepting yourself IS the turning point! Then, embracing yourself as you are changes everything. I absolutely LOVE who I am but I especially love my feminine core. My battle now is expressing it without causing to much collateral damage to the ones I love.

You go, Doodle!Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon