Poll: Which type of pronoun do you prefer to be referred to as? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Feminine
63.64%
63.64%
Masculine
9.09%
9.09%
Doesn't matter either way
27.27%
27.27%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pronoun Preference

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

(11-01-2014, 05:34 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(11-01-2014, 04:01 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  
(11-01-2014, 03:53 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Trust me, no one would refer to me as female in the regular world, though some might take my mode of dress as... how shall I say... odd? But here, it is all girl.Rolleyes

How do you dress?

Like me Big Grin

according to some thread I don't feel like looking up.
Well, I mean, when on stage, I'd always wear a pair of silky type pantyhose or shiny goldish or skin-tone tights, a tank-top style leotard and a short black or red plaid skater/scooter skirt and my fans LOVED it!! I even had a guy wearing a short skirt walk up to me before I went on stage, and say that he wore it in my honour!! Most often, while I was setting up my drums, the fans would ask me if I brought the skirt. I'd say, "Yep! It's in my bag!", and they'd say, "Good!! You BETTER have brought it!! I wanna see you in that skirt!! It's not a Thin White Line show without the skirt!!". So, that's partly why I asked why she calls her style of dressing "odd". I would consider something like pajama bottoms, mix-matched monkey boots and a suit made out of poison ivy to be odd!! Unless they're REALLY bizarre looking or of clashing colours and styles, I can't see how a skirt or dress and pantyhose, heels or knee-high boots and a frilly shirt could be seen as odd.

Okay, so thus far I am the lone M. The label/pronoun is accurate as far as it goes. In my sex life, it would be misrepresentation, or at least confusing, to say otherwise. I have no sexual interest in men. However, arousal is now quite linked with thoughts of being F.

In my interactions outside the home, the same goes for the most part, although I love testing things from time to time. In my career and extended family, once again, M. At home, on the other hand, I prefer F, and I want my wife to think of me that way as much as possible.

Writing it all down makes me feel a little like I have a split personality. I strive to keep it unified and understand it.

Missed Miss - you asked what I meant by odd. The reaction you get to how you dress (using the universal "you"), depends entirely on where you are. All clothing is essentially costume. So how odd or normal your mode of dress appears is entirely dependent upon what setting you are in. Obviously, most of us don't have the luxury of playing in a rock band with the attendant expectation of ostentatious garb. I wish!!! Lol!

I am in Michigan and I live in a middle class suburb. I work in a "creative" field, so I have some leeway. Still, in an area filled either with men in suits or lunky looking guys in loose jeans and Carharts and ugly running shoes, or baggy sport franchise shirts, my dress is slightly different.
Ambiguous.
I wear skin tight stretchy girl jeans tucked into high lace up boots. I wear (its winter right now) thick soft sweaters with big feminine floppy roll necks. Or just as often, like dear Sarah (I sometimes feel like you could be my kid sister, Sarah...Tongue) I wear hoodies. I wear shorter jackets with the sweater hanging below. Under that I wear soft slinky rayon t-shirts with low cut neck lines. I love it when I have a slinky t-shirt draping over my little breasts peeking out from under an unzipped hoody. Or low cut stretchy tanks. I wear string bikinis or thongs. I add multiple bracelets on both wrists and various chains and necklaces. (I want to get my ears pierced but I have been too chicken... My new goal!)
Overall, my look might not seem unusual at all in Manhattan, Los Angeles, London or Berlin, but around here it sticks out. Mind you, I don't much care what people think at all. I dress for myself, not to draw the attention of others. I dress to support how I want to feel, regardless and despite the reaction of others. Keep in mind though that this old girl has been around some. I have lived all over this country including New York and LA, plus in Europe and Australia. I am past 60 now, but I am over 6' 2" tall, slim and relatively fit. I have the luxury, because of height and demeanor, of never really needing to worry about anyone messing with me.
The world is full of "ifs"... If I had been shorter and braver when I was young" , If I lived somewhere more accepting. If I had a prettier face. If I was richer. Etc etc etc I am sure we all have these. But we live in the world we end up in. Had some of those "ifs" been real, I might not today have my son and daughter... and I cannot bear that thought.
So, we make do.
Oh my, I have become such a Chatty Cathy lately. Blush heh heh

(11-01-2014, 03:35 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  I wear skin tight stretchy girl jeans tucked into high lace up boots. I wear (its winter right now) thick soft sweaters with big feminine floppy roll necks. Or just as often, like dear Sarah (I sometimes feel like you could be my kid sister, Sarah...Tongue) I wear hoodies. I wear shorter jackets with the sweater hanging below. Under that I wear soft slinky rayon t-shirts with low cut neck lines. I love it when I have a slinky t-shirt draping over my little breasts peeking out from under an unzipped hoody. Or low cut stretchy tanks. I wear string bikinis or thongs. I add multiple bracelets on both wrists and various chains and necklaces. (I want to get my ears pierced but I have been too chicken... My new goal!)

Reading this sent a chill up and down my spine, Samantha! Blush

CK

Tee hee... Blush

Samantha, seems to me that's a pretty nice looking attire!! If only you knew how to do fem make-up, I'm SURE you could pass without a problem!!
I, too, wish I'd have been braver ion my youth. In my early 20's, just after I joined the band (in 1980), EVERYONE was dressing VERY creatively for the next 6 or 8 years!!!! I SHOULD'VE dove in THEN!! But, because of family and this issue and that issue I had to play it safe!! It wasn't until `85 that I started wearing the skirt, pantyhose and leo to play. I, too, VERY strongly support dressing as you wish and fuck all who make a negative fuss over it, but I have hardly been able to walk the walk. One of the three times I tried (a brand new black unitard under short shorts), I became the victim (on foot!!) of a hit & run!! I have no idea if it was an attack on my attire, on me personally or if the guy just saw a random target and took his shot!! Another time (one of my short skirts in honour of my singers death a few days before) everyone seemed okay with it, but one guy made a big stink over it. The other time (my huge D-cup tits under a tight sweater) I got one odd look, but everyone else seemed perfectly okay with it. I'm about 10 hours east of you.
Of course, had there BEEN silicone breast enhancers back then, I'd have worn them a LOT more often, too. I didn't get my first ones until the mid `90's and even the largest ones were so small they hardly made a difference!!
Nowadays, because people are wont to just ACT out their anger on a whim, regardless of who gets hurt or if the end up in jail for murder, I, too, am too chicken to do this.
I can't fucking WAIT for society to just grow the fuck up, already!!!!

My signature says aka Jessica. Female here please.

(11-01-2014, 12:22 PM)spanky Wrote:  Okay, so thus far I am the lone M.

I find that interesting Spanky. I haven't voted yet, but if I did, it would be for the third option. Oddly enough, when I created the poll I figured I would be the only one to vote for that preference. Evidently I was wrong.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon