Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Recommended Website

(14-01-2014, 05:25 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(14-01-2014, 04:54 AM)myboobs Wrote:  
(14-01-2014, 04:51 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Maybe more like Twisted Sister?Tongue

Wonder if us old farts need a seperate section !! Big Grin

That wouldn't leave many people for me to chat with.

Anyways, your recommended site has some nice tips and links on it. Oddly enough, I've been watching some of the Andrea James stuff working on my voice lately.

Not that it's deep to begin with, but I still sound like a guy at points Sad

I know of girls that sound more like guys than a lot of guys do!!

(14-01-2014, 05:35 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I know of girls that sound more like guys than a lot of guys do!!

Haven't you figured out that I'm going to have unreasonably high standards of femininity for myself no matter what? Big Grin

Wow, that reads bitchy....keep trying to cheer me up, maybe it'll work one day ;p

(I've been reading my posts in my female voice, that's how I knew how bitchy it sounded lol)

(14-01-2014, 05:41 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(14-01-2014, 05:35 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I know of girls that sound more like guys than a lot of guys do!!

Haven't you figured out that I'm going to have unreasonably high standards of femininity for myself no matter what? Big Grin

Wow, that reads bitchy....keep trying to cheer me up, maybe it'll work one day ;p
Well, YEAH!! :-P But, at least for starters, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.
It wasn't meant to be bitchy, just informatively supportive. You know how girls are!! They can be sexy as hell and drop dead gorgeous with 50,000 guys following them around trying to get into their pants every day and they STILL think they're fat & ugly!!

With work I bet I could learn to pull off the voice, but the face...oooh, no! Sad
Imagine a woman with a face somewhere between Paul McCartney and Clint Eastwood. No makeup tricks known to mankind could help. LolTongue

(14-01-2014, 05:46 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  

Well, YEAH!! :-P But, at least for starters, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.
It wasn't meant to be bitchy, just informatively supportive. You know how girls are!! They can be sexy as hell and drop dead gorgeous with 50,000 guys following them around trying to get into their pants every day and they STILL think they're fat & ugly!!

I meant my response to your response read bitchy. Also...I can identify with those girls. Guys try to fuck anything that moves. That's not a credible complement to one's appearance.

(14-01-2014, 05:52 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(14-01-2014, 05:46 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  

I meant my response to your response read bitchy. Also...I can identify with those girls. Guys try to fuck anything that moves. That's not a credible complement to one's appearance.

Oh, THAT!! Yeah, that was VERY bitchy!! But, you're a girl, so that just comes with the territory.
I know! Women are the strongest magnets in the world!! And men are CHEAP metal!!................But we ALL know where north is!!

SOME guys will fuck anything with tits in a skirt, but when they're ALL raving about her, something is up!!

I was taken aback when my wife said my legs were better than hers, although now she complains that they are skinny - otherwise I belong in the ugly sisters club - and voice would be a particular problem. I find it interesting though, Sarah, that the true transitionists here like you all seem to set themselves very high standards of female beauty, and seem to be succeeding to a wonderful degree.

As for the male compulsion to plant one's seed wherever, loss of that urge is one of the true pleasures of losing ones testosterone.

I've noticed that a lot of women (GGs) today are trying desperately to lower their voices. I think it's meant, for some at least, to fit into what has been largely a male-dominated business world. Women, whether consciously or unconsciously (following a trend?), think they're taken more seriously by lowering the timbre of their voice. All you have to do is watch old 1950s TV programs to hear the difference.

Unfortunately, the result for many women is a kind of "gravely' sounding voice which I don't find appealing.

I do find it somewhat frustrating to see genetic women lauded for their attempts to imitate traditional male behaviors, dress, mannerisms, occupations, etc. while at the same time frown on men who give a hint of expressing the feminine.

"Femininity" seems to be undergoing a major redefinition in our society today.

CK Smile

Really good link. Thanks.

I was misinformed on the newer technologies until doing some research about it, so here's what I found, how far you're willing to go depends on the individual.

Recently surgeons have had a high level of patient satisfaction in voice surgery:

Vocal surgeries

While hormone replacement therapy and gender reassignment surgery can cause a
more feminine outward appearance, they do little to alter the pitch or sound of the voice. The existing vocal structure can be surgically altered using procedures that include
Cricothyroid approximation (CTA) (is the most common)
Laryngoplasty
Thyrohyoid approximation
Laryngeal reduction surgery (surgical shortening of the vocal cords)
Laser assisted voice adjustment (LAVA)
There was, until recently, limited evidence as to the efficacy of these surgeries in raising the fundamental frequency over the course of several years. However, since the late 1990s, surgeons performing CTA and other 'voice' procedures at Charing Cross hospital, (Hammersmith, London), have conducted long-term follow-up studies indicating "high" levels of patient satisfaction with both surgical and social health outcomes. All of these modes of 'voice surgery' may or may not have an effect on resonance or other vocal characteristics. Many in the transsexual community have previously been led to regard voice surgery as 'inadvisable', while others regard a socially acceptable standard of feminine speech to be indispensable (and further surgery an acceptable risk). Anecdotal evidence has suggested that (CTA) voice surgery can be expected to raise pitch above female norms in the immediate post-operative period (when sutures are used to create the adjusted 'approximation'); however the (more modern) use of titanium clips avoids this problem, maintaining a correct and even tension on the vocal folds, in the immediate and longer term. Of course, laryngeal surgery carries risks and some patients experience 'raspiness', or, much more rarely, complete loss of voice.[citation needed]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_thera...ansgender)
http://professionalvoice.org/feminization.aspx

Than the Dr Anne Lawrence article
http://www.annelawrence.com/voicesurgery.html

So which is it?
It does seem however that technologies and expertise are evolving and will give hope to those seeking vocal feminization. Cool

Just for fun
http://www.gender.org.uk/conf/2000/voice20.htm
http://www.vocalist.org.uk/vocal_techniques.html

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon