Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Random Thoughts (GI)

Wow! Getting hit on by a guy who's attracted to girls! That's got to be a hoot and a half. Big Grin

I'm happy for you, too, Sarah. Keep working on that voice.

CK Smile

To answer your original question, Flame, I don't think I would have changed anything in that department. With my height plus various other factors, transition, nice as it is to fantasize about, has never been in my cards. Rather, I think I was right where I should have been a decade or two ago. As tough as it is to feminize myself at my current age, for me, this is the right time. Pretty much everything else I wanted to do back then, I did. Now, the aspects I lose in this process are no longer needed. I am quite at peace with all of this.
Though, that said, I do still wish my damned breasts would grow some more.Dodgy

I'd do the whole thing, PM, Spearmint, Pygeum... throw caution to the wind and see how far I could sail.

This may sound faddish, but I quit all soda, potato chips, and anything that has High Fructose Corn Syrup (it's the devil!) in it and dropped 15 pounds in a month.

I also drink a hell of a lot of water. My target weight is 175, still trying to break below 200. Sad

Knowing what I know now, I too might have been more apt to take saw palmetto, spearmint and other testosterone blockers to reduce the effects of male puberty.

However, I do love my life and most of what it has brought me...so no regrets on this aspect. Big Grin

Oh, I would have done SOME things differently... taken better care of my teeth, exercised more, invested in Apple back in the beginning, learned to play guitar and speak some other languages, taken a few cute people up on their advances ... but herb-wise? No. Now is the right time.Wink

For those interested in weight management.

For men to find the correct amount of calories to consume multiply your target weight by 12. Use a BMI chart to determine a healthy weight for you.

Women would multiply their target weight by 11. This would be the extreme low end of calories needed for most men.

Less carbs is good, but becareful of overconsuming protein. Some of those shakes have more calories then a single donut.

For most people it's not neccasary to radically change their diet. Just eat less (smaller portions) and throw away the junk food hidden in the pantry.

Of course it is much more difficult then that. Genetic men after age 50 start to naturally carry more fat as their T levels decrease. I can only imagine that SP AND PM will accellerate that process. Also with age muscle mass decreases which means to burn more calories you must exercise longer and harder. Although most people on this site want more feminine bodies weight training is still important. And if you can't do weights there are plenty of yoga and Pilates videos available.

For the folks under 40 the Insanity series is great for an at home workout.

Or just eat less.

This is right in my wheel house of expertise so feel free to bug me more on this topic.

(15-01-2014, 09:36 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  ****ABRIDGED****
So, today was the first day I've worn my girl clothes to class. I got ma'amed twice. Tight super low skinny strech jeans, a j,ersey top, hoodie on top of that, bra and panties ;p
... Eventually an older woman in her 40s said,"She obviously doesn't want to talk to you, leave her alone".
Afterwards, at Walmart I got "sir...um excuse me ma'amed". Never had that before. I've had "ma'am...um excuse me sir" before...Like when a person's first impression is that I'm a girl, then they realize I'm a guy. But first impression a guy, then on closer inspection, going with ma'am?
I'm pleased.
I wouldn't give myself any herbs, only pharmaceutical drugs. An estrogen and an AA.

That's pretty cool Sarah, I hope that happens to me someday. Do you think it was just because of your clothes or do you think the HRT has something to do with it? I'm thinking the HRT might be more responsible than you think. I'm sure you've seen photo journals of TS/TG's who go on hormones and anti androgen's. It's surprising how the most subtle changes can switch someone's appearance from male to female. It's like everything changes but you can't put your finger on what, exactly has changed. It's hard to imagine what someone would look like as a female and then all of a sudden, "ah, that's what they'd look like" ...but they haven't changed that much.

Clothes CAN really make a difference though. We had a couple frineds over Saturday night and the first thing one of the wives said to me was "have you lost weight!?" I haven't and wasn't even sure what she saw but later realized I was wearing a pair of my women's jeans. They have a tighter fit and it probably made me look a few pounds lighter. On the other hand, I've been taking some prescription estrogen too. I wonder what will happen when I wear my new pink trimmed, grey hoodie from Aerie. Also got my cowgirl boots in the mail today (actually more gender neutral but I like calling them cowGIRL boots)

Absolutely right, Doodle! Clothes make so much difference. During the time I have been on NBE, I have gradually pushed the boundaries in my personal dressing, including more and more gender neutral, or ambiguous or just plain feminine items in my day to day wardobe. It feels so much better than the typically boring and drab look I was locked into before that I now feel very little need to fully "dress". Of course, the effect of an onslaught of NBE on my hormones these past three years may also have something to do with that ...tee hee...since dampening the libido, as we have heard from so many "gurls", also tends to lessen the need to go into full dress mode.
Not to say I don't still feel the urge from time to time... maybe next time I will find the... courage?... (I was looking for a different word there than "balls". LOL since mine are now almost a memory...) to post a picture in all my "glory" But probably not...heh heh heh Tongue

(16-01-2014, 09:05 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  ...I have gradually pushed the boundaries in my personal dressing, including more and more gender neutral, or ambiguous or just plain feminine items in my day to day wardobe. It feels so much better than the typically boring and drab look I was locked into before that I now feel very little need to fully "dress"...

Yeah, me too. I've NOT been able to find too many clothes that are "gender neutral" though. It's tricky to find stuff that's colorful and has some style without being obviously "cross dressed". (In reality, I've cross dressed everyday of my life by donning drab, frumpy male clothes you mentioned Samantha. Blahh!!! Hate em!). I have several pairs of women's jeans and have never got a strange look from anyone. If you haven't tried them, you should. They are sooo much more comfortable then men's jeans! I also wear a cami under everything these days but that's largely invisible, as are the sweater tights I wear because they feel great and because they're very practical here in Minnesota. I'm really on the hunt lately for tops that I can wear as an outer layer and not attract too much attention.

I think people's perception of my gender is some combo of voice, HRT, and how much of this fucking facial hair I can defeat on any given day.

I know what you mean about slight changes making the difference, but I got ma'amed from time to time before PM/HRT on the phone or in male clothes in person if I'd shaved. Just not nearly as often. Then again I didn't shave that often either. It's like mowing the grass. When you're completely unhappy it seems pretty damn pointless ;p

Anyways, I agree. Guys clothes are boring as hell. T-shirts are about the only article of men's clothing that will allow one to display any sense of individuality.

About the tops...doodle...its kinda impossible to find women's tops that are totally androgynous. If you really want to try, just get some basic tops that aren't too frilly, and wear a hoodie on top, unzipped to around boob level. The neckline of the basic top will be undeniably female, but it won't jump out as much as if you wore it without the hoodie.

Here's an example of a top I wear- http://www.hm.com/us/product/92345?artic...le=92345-R

I got it on sale in an different color though;p...and have some short sleeved versions, but they're similiar. The neckline and cut is definitely feminine, but at the same time not that noticeable.

I think....I still get ma'am much more than sirred...but I haven't gotten assaulted, so that's a plus.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon