Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Ethics of Being Both...

Sorry, but i fail to see what the problem is here. There are now lots of primary school transgender kids and they seem to deal with the whole thing a lot more matter of factly than previous generations. There is very little difference in terms of social integration between transgender/transexual and intersex. And there is even less difference between intersex and gender fluid.

There is a whole movement of parents now who are challenging the system so their princess boys can wear what they want to school. This is often not about gender change at all but simply about equality and freedom of expression.

I think maybe there's too much overthinking on this subject. For the kids it's a lot simpler than we make it out to be.

Today's culture is hugely sexist, seemingly genderizing everything, but this is a fairly recent trend. A century ago is was traditional to dress young girls and boys the same way and there was not all the focus on what someone's gender is. It is mostly mass schooling and mass media that changed this. Today's rampant sexism is a product of centralized social institutions over which individuals have little control.

(24-10-2015, 11:00 PM)Shae Wrote:  I think maybe there's too much overthinking on this subject. For the kids it's a lot simpler than we make it out to be.

Today's culture is hugely sexist, seemingly genderizing everything, but this is a fairly recent trend. A century ago is was traditional to dress young girls and boys the same way and there was not all the focus on what someone's gender is. It is mostly mass schooling and mass media that changed this. Today's rampant sexism is a product of centralized social institutions over which individuals have little control.

Yes, even down to Genderizing the most absurd inanimate objects "is that rock a boy or a girl?" (wish i was joking about that....) it has reached a level of total absurdity.

on the Genderized Rocks part, I overheard that being pushed onto kids by some yuppie parents at a rock & gem show fairly recently, any rock that looked somewhat nice, colorful or shiny was claimed to be a "Girl Rock" and anything Dull, Plain or rough was claimed to be a "Boy Rock".

funny thing was one of the shiny ones claimed to be a "Girl Rock" was actually a polished Fossilized turd...and one claimed to be a "Boy Rock" was a raw uncleaned Diamond still encrusted in coal.Rolleyes

(25-10-2015, 05:04 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  on the Genderized Rocks part, I overheard that being pushed onto kids by some yuppie parents at a rock & gem show fairly recently, any rock that looked somewhat nice, colorful or shiny was claimed to be a "Girl Rock" and anything Dull, Plain or rough was claimed to be a "Boy Rock".

funny thing was one of the shiny ones claimed to be a "Girl Rock" was actually a polished Fossilized turd...and one claimed to be a "Boy Rock" was a raw uncleaned Diamond still encrusted in coal.Rolleyes

Maybe a lesson in not labeling via gender was being taught! It may LOOK like a boy rock, but, inside, it's a girl rock!

(26-10-2015, 01:30 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  
(25-10-2015, 05:04 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  on the Genderized Rocks part, I overheard that being pushed onto kids by some yuppie parents at a rock & gem show fairly recently, any rock that looked somewhat nice, colorful or shiny was claimed to be a "Girl Rock" and anything Dull, Plain or rough was claimed to be a "Boy Rock".

Maybe a lesson in not labeling via gender was being taught! It may LOOK like a boy rock, but, inside, it's a girl rock!

more like a lesson in how stupid it was in the first place to be categorizing like that.

(26-10-2015, 05:31 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  
(26-10-2015, 01:30 AM)WantAPair Wrote:  

more like a lesson in how stupid it was in the first place to be categorizing like that.

What? There are boy rock and girl rocks? That would explain where all the little pebbles are coming from. Big GrinTongue

I have to go separate my rocks now....

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon