Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Mammograms/Hormone Tests?

I've read several older threads/posts regarding GMs on NBE getting mammograms. Since I have a history of breast cancer in the GGs in my family (mother and older sister), wondering who has discussed this with their physician and if you are getting regular mammograms.

On another topic, I'm definitely going to get a full hormone series done at my next physical (April). Read about several of ya'll doing that, and will be interested to see where mine are and to use as a baseline for the future.

Also going to share my NBE program with my doc. She's a young and I can openly discuss anything with her, so want to ensure I get the proper tests/monitoring done... a gurl can't be too careful! Tongue

Hugs,
Lisa

Sounds like an excellent idea, Lisa. Will your insurance pay for an accurate testosterone test -- the one using drawn blood that measures free-T? Also, they won't do a mammogram until your breasts reach a certain size, obviously. Let us know what your doc says. Most haven't a clue about herbals.

CK Smile

Mammograms are NOT good for you!! IF you have breast cancer, having your tits squished in a mammogram only SPREADS the cancer!! It's the same as popping a zit! You put that kind of pressure on it, it's going to burst and the cancer will spread all over your body. It's best to just do SBE in the shower and if you feel a lump, just get one or more of a few hundred natural cancer cures. Vitamin C kills cancer, I THINK that if you just take a good bit of it on a daily basis, it'll stave off cancer and you probably won't have to worry about getting it. You CAN'T take too much vitamin C! If you get cancer anyway, start taking vitamin B17.

(22-01-2014, 02:58 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  Vitamin C kills cancer, I THINK that if you just take a good bit of it on a daily basis, it'll stave off cancer and you probably won't have to worry about getting it. You CAN'T take too much vitamin C! If you get cancer anyway, start taking vitamin B17.

Actually, Vitamin C isn't exactly harmless. I know Linus Pauling advocated doses of 10 grams or more per day, but at some point it does leech calcium from the bones and can cause kidney stones, not to mention it can cause all kinds of gastric upset (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal bloating and cramps), headaches, and insomnia. http://www.mayoclinic.org/vitamin-c/expe...q-20058030 (Btw, I don't believe it is possible to get adequate nutrition from any kind of diet consisting of foods grown and harvested commercially, thus I do disagree with most dietitians and would recommend everyone take a good multivitamin as well as extra C and other things.) Also keep in mind refined foods deplete vitamin C. A single chocolate chip cookie can wipe out whatever vitamin C you have in your body (or so Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw once claimed).

Vitamin B17 is questionable at best and deadly at worst. I'm not sure why I tend to trust Dr. Andrew Weil, but he calls B17 dangerous and potentially deadly, not to mention stating there is no evidence it fights cancer. http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400624/Do...n-B17.html

Yessiree, more vitamin C for me!! Not being facetious, but I go in Thursday to have stone #54 broken up, along with a few of his/her close friends. At 11mm, it isn't going to make the journey in one piece.
This is why I keep good drugs handy. Well, mostly why.

Yes good drugs sound like an excellent idea. Or, my personal favorite...lots of good single mslt scotch.Tongue
Good luck, Patti! Those things are no fun.Sad
Hugs

Bless your heart, Patti. Hope it goes well. One of my Project Mgrs is a 28 y/o male and has been out the last two days with 'em. His doc gave meds and said to pass em....... Sad

Samantha and I will light a candle for you and have a Scotch! Tongue

Cheers!

http://youtu.be/CyvSmhrlJwE

I have a bottle of Disaronno that's been waiting for a good reason to be uncapped. I think perhaps I will use it as a "sleep aid" tomorrow evening. Thank for the good wishes! I am getting quite familiar with this process, as it's my 5th trip on the litho"trip"ter. Anybody want a souvenir?

I hope all goes well Patti. I -finally- got to see a locum urologist yesterday, and it looks as if a start to breaking up my stones will be made within the foreseeable future. Mind you, he was dead set on 'reaming out' my prostate at the same time. I said no. I didn't reckon that my prostate could be much of a restriction to flow if a stone 14mm x 10mm x 7mm could sail through it at top speed and only jam -suddenly- at the extreme outer exit. Since that's the only stone I've passed for a considerable time, though smaller ones used to be frequent, I suspect that the remainder are larger. Once the stones are gone, maybe I can consider the reaming again, but when my long time doctor up to 2009 first sent me to a urologist he said "Don't let them get their knives on your prostate" which sounded to me like good advice, at least in the absence of anything sinister. I don't believe that BPH is any longer a real problem for me, with testicles that are probably non-functional and what I suspect are beneficial effects from PM. What I didn't get from him and definitely wanted was a requisition for hormone tests, particularly T.

As for mammograms, they have caused us, or at least my wife, a fair amount of grief. About 25 years ago, she had a routine mammogram, and the next time she saw her then doctor about six months later having heard nothing about the results, she said that she assumed that all was OK. He looked in his file and said "Oh, they say they wanted you to go back for a biopsy". As it turned out the biopsy showed nothing untoward, but she never went back to that doctor! On her first visit to the doctor who took over our old doctor's practice at the beginning of 2010, she said that perhaps she ought to mention a callous on a rib just below one breast (probably caused by a defective bra under wire). He immediately sent her for a mammogram although she queried whether a mammogram could possibly 'see' something on a rib. When the result came back negative, she again queried whether the callous could have been seen on the mammogram, and he said "I tell you you don't have breast cancer. You don't trust me. I don't want you as a patient any longer." When almost immediately afterwards he gave me a prescription that looked to me dubious, and the pharmacist said to me that with the other things I was taking, if I took those I shouldn't venture far from a hospital, the relationship was at an end. But perhaps he was better than our next doctor; she effectively chemically castrated me. I'm still in two minds though as to whether that might not have been a good thing.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon