Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Got some good news today!

Wink 

I went to the VA clinic today to discuss a few things with my PCM. The first two really don't matter, but I decided that today I was going to make the step to inquire about my pursue in gender reassignment to see what the VA would do for me, and what the process would be. It took a little courage, but I finally came out with it and told her that I am interested in pursuing SRS. I gave her my back story about how I had feelings about it for a while, but only now have come to terms with it, and have talked to my therapist about it multiple times already.

I was expecting to hear about how I needed to have a psychiatric evaluation, and be determined determined a good candidate to start anything. Her response to everything? "Ok. When do you want to make an appointment with the endocrinology to start hormone treatment?"

My jaw dropped to the floor. I was in disbelief. Could I really just begin HRT like that? I literally asked her that, and she said "Yes, you can. You would need to see the psychiatrist before going through with the actual SRS, but everything else can be done whenever you want." I swear it's like the heavens parted and the light of [insert omnipotent being here] was shining down on here, making me believe she was an angel as she said those words to me! She also said that as soon as I started, I could change my gender and name with them, so I would be treated as a female, and not a male. That will be a BIG step!

I said that I would love an appointment. So now I am waiting for a letter in the mail from the VA hospital to tell me when my appointment is, so I can go in and get things rolling! Big Grin I guess I won't need to order more PM after all.

I hope I don't become some sort of outcast here, since it's not NBE anymore. I love all of you here, and love to read your stories of success, or frustrations, or even questions. I am so excited to have taken the first big step towards transformation.

Wow that is amazing! It looks like we may be slowly entering the 21st century...

Good luck with your treatments!

-A

P.S. I do not see you as an outcast

(31-01-2014, 03:41 AM)AmandaBust Wrote:  Wow that is amazing! It looks like we may be slowly entering the 21st century...

Good luck with your treatments!

-A

P.S. I do not see you as an outcast

Thank you so much! Smile

Sounds like great news!! I hope it's what you really want!! TONS of good luck with it, m'lady!!

Oh, baby, break out the happy dance!!!!!!Big Grin
I am so jazzed for you! Yay!!!!
If this is what you really want then hallelujah!
OMG... I hope you are celebrating!
How did you feel? Your heart must have gone through the roof of your mouth!
Listen, don't worry about us, honey. This is not snob hormone central. LOL
The only thing that matters is your happiness. Promise you won't abandon us, though. Hee heeTongue

I'm happy for you Fwoodhull! Too tired to say much but wanted to acknowledge your occasion. You wont hear any objections from me if you want to hang around here whether you're using herbs or synthetics. You might want to use the gender identity sub sub forum to be a little more true with what you're doing but it doesn't bother me where you post. Congratulations again.

Let me add my congratulations and best wishes to you, fwoodhull. Finally, there appears a light at the end of a long, dark tunnel for you. I can tell that you are thrilled. And, why not?

I also want to keep in touch with you for as long as you find value in being a part of this forum.

Question for you: Did you have to sign an informed consent release which signifies that you are fully informed about the implications undergoing HRT?

Clara Kay Smile

As a fellow veteran I am happy, for u

It is great feel happy for you

wow, that was fast.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon