Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Got some good news today!

My deepest thanks to everyone! It is certainly a route that I did not expect to be available, but am very thankful it is! The waiting to get everything started is going to be a killer now, but at least I can see that light at the end of the tunnel.

If you are happy, we are happy. Go for it!

(31-01-2014, 05:38 AM)roxyrolon Wrote:  As a fellow veteran I am happy, for u

DITTO!!! Smile Congratulations, that is great news!!!!! Big Grin I am flabbergasted myself! Finally something by the VA that makes sense!

I guess the best we can do is throw you a virtual party, so PARTY ON!

No outcasts here, just sisters on a journey together!

A big ass hug to you sister!
Lisa

Congrats on the VA starting you on a new journey! Big Grin

As a disabled vet, it's good to know that possibility exists IF I ever ventured down that road! Cool

That's super! Good for you! I am happy to see that the VA is embracing the fact that it is 2014 and listening to the patient!

Oh, and in case you didn't know, providers and institutions have begun the collection of patient-centered outcomes (in addition to the previously collected clinical outcomes) since these outcomes are now factored into their reimbursement under the ACA.

So, if you ARE dissatisfied with how you are being treated, SPEAK UP! Your opinion matters and people will begin to listen to you more intently than before, especially since their wallets depend on it.

I am so so happy for you! Smile Best of luck!!!

The VA has been receptive to gender reassignment and HRT for quite some time. I used to be active in the transgender forum on Craig's list from 2007 to 2009, and there were several MtF transsexuals there who got their hormones through the VA. It seems surprising given the military isn't exactly receptive, but the VA medical system generally seems to be okay with it.

I'm glad the system is working for you.

The VA doesn't mean much to me but...

what does mean something is that irrespective of the source, if you are getting the opportunity to access the wherewithal to enable you to be truly happy - then grab it with both hands.

True happiness is so hard to find - I wish you everything you want and all those things you have yet to know you want.

M x

I know I haven't been on a lot, but I have a little update...

I have my first appointment at the VA endocrinologist in about a week and a half. It will be a consult to begin with (of course) but I'm really excited about it!

I ran out of my supply of PM. I didn't think I would want to order anymore, but I think I will. I haven't had any in about half a week and I am quite irritable, although my libido has kicked up again. I really don't like feeling more like a guy again. If anything it confirms my decision to transition.

My divorce is churning along. Have a lawyer and it has been filed for. Now comes the part where we figure out who gets what and how much I am going to be paying. Not fun at all, but it's something that needs to be done, or I am going to lose my mind.

That's all I have time for now. I love all of you and hope everyone is doing well! Wink

Oh, honey it all sounds great, like you are moving steadily toward where you want to be. I am so happy for you! Tongue
I know exactly what you mean about feeling like a guy again. I am wrestling with something similar as I try to switch from SP to another AA and I feel those same feelings you are having. Yeechhh.
Bumpy ride ahead no doubt, with the divorce, but you will get through it. I am guessing it may not be fun but you will be better off once it is behind you.
Ooooh, I am so pleased for you!
Hugs

That is great news good luck Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon