Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Shaved Legs

Wax eh? I may try this too...

[/quote]

Why couldn't I have been born a girl? Big Grin

Clara Smile
[/quote]

My feelings exactly! I remember in middle school I would go to bed at night and wish with all my might that I would somehow wake up as a girl, or wake up and realize being a boy was just a bad dream. Sad

-A

(01-02-2014, 11:33 PM)AmandaBust Wrote:  I know this is off topic but I had to post my experiences with shaving my legs.

I shaved them yesterday and wore pantyhose all day. OMG, what a lovely feeling this was!!! If I had known, I would have shaved them long ago!

I need an epilator!

-A
YEAH!! Feels GREAT, don't it?? My only problem is that I can scarcely find them to fit, I'm so tall! I CAN get into D's or Q's, but my toes end up squished in tightly. In No Nonsense, I can also fit into B's. L'eggs, NO WAY!!

I've been waxing and epilating for so long I have very little body hair left... and what's there is thin and fine.... Sally Hansen has a body wax called Ouchless... comes with prewax wipes to deaden the pain... and the wax is water soluble.... I love it... though I don't use the prewax wipes... and buy a Braun Epil 7 cordless epilator....

www.braun.com/global/female-grooming/silk-epil-epilators/silk-epil-7.html

www.sallyhansen.com/hair-removal/wax/ouch-relief-sugar-wax-kit

I've had a few ingrown hairs over the years, the kind that become zits, but, as far as I know, not due to shaving. Most, if not all of the after-shaving ingrown were nothing more than a hair growing under the top layer of skin and it LOOKS like it's the same as all the other hairs. You can actually see it under the skin as if it were a normal hair, but you keep trying to move it with your finger and nothing happens. With these, all I have to do it take a strait pin or anything else with a sharp point, like an X-Acto knife, and just poke it gently under the top layer of skin under the hair and then gently yank the hair out from it's lowest point. It doesn't hurt at all and, as soon as you set the hair free, you can shave it off as you normally would.

Amanda, I, too, VERY often wished I'd been born a girl or would become one over night. Why won't wishing from the universe cause THAT to happen??

As much as I'd love to permanently remove all the hair below my head, I've yet to do anything about it. However, I've been on PM and minor herbs for almost a year now and I've noticed my hair is not as robust as it used to be. My facial hair can still be called whiskers but it's a lot softer and easier to shave now. The hair on my legs used to look awful a couple days after I shaved it but now I can go a week before is starts grossing me out. Chest hair is about the same but hands an feet have gone very pale and sparse. I guess what I'm trying to say is the herbs and drugs I'm taking, while not eliminating my hair, are moving me in the right direction.

(02-02-2014, 04:37 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I've had a few ingrown hairs over the years, the kind that become zits, but, as far as I know, not due to shaving. Most, if not all of the after-shaving ingrown were nothing more than a hair growing under the top layer of skin and it LOOKS like it's the same as all the other hairs. You can actually see it under the skin as if it were a normal hair, but you keep trying to move it with your finger and nothing happens. With these, all I have to do it take a strait pin or anything else with a sharp point, like an X-Acto knife, and just poke it gently under the top layer of skin under the hair and then gently yank the hair out from it's lowest point. It doesn't hurt at all and, as soon as you set the hair free, you can shave it off as you normally would.

Amanda, I, too, VERY often wished I'd been born a girl or would become one over night. Why won't wishing from the universe cause THAT to happen??

That is interesting, are these hairs just where you have shaved before?

If we only know sweetie...

-A

(02-02-2014, 04:58 AM)doodlebug2055 Wrote:  As much as I'd love to permanently remove all the hair below my head, I've yet to do anything about it. However, I've been on PM and minor herbs for almost a year now and I've noticed my hair is not as robust as it used to be. My facial hair can still be called whiskers but it's a lot softer and easier to shave now. The hair on my legs used to look awful a couple days after I shaved it but now I can go a week before is starts grossing me out. Chest hair is about the same but hands an feet have gone very pale and sparse. I guess what I'm trying to say is the herbs and drugs I'm taking, while not eliminating my hair, are moving me in the right direction.

That is awesome! I wish I could take them too!

-A

(02-02-2014, 05:17 AM)AmandaBust Wrote:  
(02-02-2014, 04:37 AM)Missed Miss Wrote:  I've had a few ingrown hairs over the years, the kind that become zits, but, as far as I know, not due to shaving. Most, if not all of the after-shaving ingrown were nothing more than a hair growing under the top layer of skin and it LOOKS like it's the same as all the other hairs. You can actually see it under the skin as if it were a normal hair, but you keep trying to move it with your finger and nothing happens. With these, all I have to do it take a strait pin or anything else with a sharp point, like an X-Acto knife, and just poke it gently under the top layer of skin under the hair and then gently yank the hair out from it's lowest point. It doesn't hurt at all and, as soon as you set the hair free, you can shave it off as you normally would.

That is interesting, are these hairs just where you have shaved before?

If we only know sweetie...

-A

Yeah, basically, the hair just grows back as normal, except that it doesn't go through the top layer of skin. Quite often they'll get to be at least half an inch long before I try to shave them only to discover they can't be shaved until I pull them out from under the blanket of skin. As you're only going under the top layer with the pin, and ONLY using the very tip of the point, there's no pain at all and NEVER any blood!
Strangely, I have ONE hair on my right leg, a few inches above my knee, that, if I don't shave for a long time, will grow at least 4" long!! So far, it's never been an ingrown.

(02-02-2014, 04:58 AM)doodlebug2055 Wrote:  As much as I'd love to permanently remove all the hair below my head, I've yet to do anything about it. However, I've been on PM and minor herbs for almost a year now and I've noticed my hair is not as robust as it used to be. My facial hair can still be called whiskers but it's a lot softer and easier to shave now. The hair on my legs used to look awful a couple days after I shaved it but now I can go a week before is starts grossing me out. Chest hair is about the same but hands an feet have gone very pale and sparse. I guess what I'm trying to say is the herbs and drugs I'm taking, while not eliminating my hair, are moving me in the right direction.

Doodle, you took the words right out of my mouth. Years of herbs plus shaving and epilating do move the needle.
I once had hair on my hands and toes. No longer. Gone. I once had dark hair on my legs. It was never really thick, but it would show through hose. Now, though my legs are shaven during the winter, when I don't shave for summer, what hair there is that does grow back is very light and hard to see.
The only places where it will still grow fairly thickly are the underarms and groin. Still working those with the epilator to try and reduce, but as Clara mentioned, care is needed because of the threat of those nasty little ingrown fellows. I tend to epilate roughly every 6-8 weeks, but shave daily in between. Shaving takes me all of 3-4 minutes in the shower now.
And now you know far more about Samantha's personal grooming habits than I am sure anyone would ever want to know, LOLTongue

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon