Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

WARNING!

I did post about this quite some time ago, but I suppose it's one of those things that bears repeating. Go to UserCP (control panel), click on Edit Options in the list on the left, then change your board style to something other than the default and you will be rid of the ads.

Yes, Sfem, that is probably where I found it, but I could not remember. It was soooo helpful, especially for use on my cell. Thank you!Smile

(03-02-2014, 06:25 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  
(03-02-2014, 05:36 AM)AmandaBust Wrote:  
(03-02-2014, 02:52 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  No, really...am I missing something? In the site user cp, just change the settings and all the crap is gone. Missed the pink at first, but I am used to it now, tee hee.

Oh, I thought you were joking about once you went "pink", the "pop-ups" stopped happening...

Sorry, I have been working way too long this weekend!

-A

Eeeek, LOL, i am so embarrassed! It is not like me to miss such an obvious doule entendre. Blush

Wink

The easiest fix s probably to do away with MS and Google - the first being easier than the second, but the simplest.

As an ex IT professional, I understand why people run MS - it is easy(ish), it works(sort of ish) and most people have it (which of course is why it is a simple target).

MS would be our last option as an Operating system here, Apple stuff, whilst dear to buy, completely non customisable and while it may hand over far more personal information to the corporates than I would like, would be my favoured suggestion for non IT people.

We run the above two (MS various variants and Apple variants) on our home network, yet the network is run using our preferred operating system - Linux. The most important computers we have, run Linux as their main OS and this is the OS we would use every time from choice. It is inherently safe from viruses etc. (although not absolutely immune) and can, from the box, do nearly everything a Windows system can.

If you try say a parallel system using say Linux and MS, remember the learning curve for MS stuff has occurred over a lot of years and perhaps be prepared to put a bit of effort into getting to grips with a whole new methodology - trust me - it works when you get it right (and of course, it is ALL FREE!!!!!)

M x

Well this girl and family have always and will always, be strictly Mac (well, out of four cell phones in the house, one is a droid).
I am not a number cruncher, use our devices primarily for web surfing and data storage only, and we both work in creative fields, which, at our level and in this area, are almost exclusively Mac. I would not have a windows based device in my house if someone gave it to me...ooooh, I am not usually so bitchy.Blush sorry
...but I mean it...hee heeRolleyes (she said, typing her little fingers silently away on an iPad.Big Grin

(04-02-2014, 12:28 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Well this girl and family have always and will always, be strictly Mac (well, out of four cell phones in the house, one is a droid).
I am not a number cruncher, use our devices primarily for web surfing and data storage only, and we both work in creative fields, which, at our level and in this area, are almost exclusively Mac. I would not have a windows based device in my house if someone gave it to me...ooooh, I am not usually so bitchy.Blush sorry
...but I mean it...hee heeRolleyes (she said, typing her little fingers silently away on an iPad.Big Grin

Love the ipad but it hates yahoo mail Sad
I check me yahoo mail on me blk berry Sad

(04-02-2014, 01:27 AM)myboobs Wrote:  
(04-02-2014, 12:28 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Well this girl and family have always and will always, be strictly Mac (well, out of four cell phones in the house, one is a droid).

Better change your password MB. The media announced that Yahoo email servers were hit with a huge security breach.Dodgy

(04-02-2014, 01:30 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  
(04-02-2014, 01:27 AM)myboobs Wrote:  

Better change your password MB. The media announced that Yahoo email servers were hit with a huge security breach.Dodgy

Done that Smile lotus flagged that to me .

Lol, I will not give opinions on PC vs Linux vs that other OS...

Anyway, I see that I am truly among my sisters! Were all sexy geeks!

Tongue

-A

you're not the only geeks here Wink
though I can't speak for my alleged sexiness.
I'm a software programmer myself ^.^

I'll be going back to lurking soon though, but I was just a little surprised to hear that a third choice for operating systems exist O.o

oh and my Linux distributions of choice are RHE and backtrack.
though I run windows currently Sad

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon