Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Feminine voice

Following a conversation elsewhere last night, I have been contemplating today the idea of a feminine voice. I have no difficulty letting loose (as you are all so patiently aware...Chatty Cathy that I am...tee hee..."will someone tell that bitch to shut up!" LOL) quite comfotably as Samantha in writing. But recently, for the first time in my life, I have had need to find out how I sound. Well, duh, I know how I sound, of course, and can sound a multitude of different ways in different languages and with many different accents...we are an actor after all...but all those "voices" are male. I am now faced with trying to locate a female voice, not just in sound but also able to use the personality traits Samantha has dumped on me. LOL. It is proving more difficult than I imagined, though to be honest, the issue had never really entered my little mind until now.
How many of you have thought about this, or tacked it, and how has it worked out? Sammie could use some assistance, dears!

http://www.genderlife.com/voice-consulta...ice-tutor/

I found the videos to be helpful. You will feel a little silly though ;p

I have a long way to go myself.

It's not easy, but if you really want to, you can do it! Good luck!

Sammie hon, I don't understand. Is this for professional use, or just personal?

Clara Smile

I think she wants to "get into the role" of Samantha more.

Well, not professional, honey! What kind of girl do you think I am? LOLBig Grin
No, seriously, the voice is one of the most personal expressions of the person. Ever try correcting someone's pronunciation of a word? How did they react? Most take offense. Other than actors, people identify very strongly and personally with their voice. They don't think about it but the importance is always there. It is not a conscious thing, but it is important none the less.
It is all well and good to write in a feminine style. Honey, that's easy. And once you learn enough it is easy to dress so as to appear the same. But the voice... nothing disturbs the picture more than a very feminine woman suddenly opening her mouth and sounding like a truck driver.
Now, chances are, for most who enter the pink fog, this will never be an issue, as they will dress only in total privacy and never speak to anyone except a spouse.
But for others, who do venture out in public, it is a huge issue (eh, Karren?)
Now, I do not expect to ever join that group, but you never know (that Southern Comfort thing dear sister Lisa dangled in front of me is sooooo enticing...damn that sassy bitch! tee hee, just kidding, Sis!)
But on another level, it is the actor (actress...tee heeRolleyes) ) in me. We learn to inhabit a character fully, from the walk to the emotional levels and psychology and all the way through simple things like hand gestures and other body language aspects. But the voice is one of the most important aspects in fully realizing and becoming that person. I suppose you just can't blame the actress for wanting to make every detail perfect, now can you, sweetheart? I mean this is in some ways the most personal and important use of my training and art that I have ever approached...because this time it is me and on many levels it IS for real.
Well, Sis, as usual, I seem to have written a book again. Just tell the silly bitch to shut up! LOL

Oh dammit, Sarah! Now you just keep your sassy little self out of this! LOLTongue

Edit..When I look back at this it sounds bitchy...not what I meant.Blush

(04-02-2014, 09:13 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Following a conversation elsewhere last night, I have been contemplating today the idea of a feminine voice. I have no difficulty letting loose (as you are all so patiently aware...Chatty Cathy that I am...tee hee..."will someone tell that bitch to shut up!" LOL) quite comfotably as Samantha in writing. But recently, for the first time in my life, I have had need to find out how I sound. Well, duh, I know how I sound, of course, and can sound a multitude of different ways in different languages and with many different accents...we are an actor after all...but all those "voices" are male. I am now faced with trying to locate a female voice, not just in sound but also able to use the personality traits Samantha has dumped on me. LOL. It is proving more difficult than I imagined, though to be honest, the issue had never really entered my little mind until now.
How many of you have thought about this, or tacked it, and how has it worked out? Sammie could use some assistance, dears!
Seriously, hun, I write a LOT more than you, but if it'll make you fee any better, we can always get you a tight t-shirt (to show off those tits of yours) that says, "Help! I'm talking and I can't shut up!!".
Remember Rocky & Bullwinkle? Did you know that Rocky's voice was supplied by June Forray?
About two years ago, I was walking through the warehouse at work and wanted to try to sound as fem as I could. I started out where I would normally go in a fem voice, which really isn't to bad, to start with, then just kind of held a tone as long as I could and kind of reshaped the inside of my mouth until it sounded VERY fem, within a few seconds, out of me came this beautiful female operatic voice!! Just work on it a bit, Sammie. As the sound guy I used to work with used to tell me, "It'll come. It'll come."

(04-02-2014, 09:59 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  http://www.genderlife.com/voice-consulta...ice-tutor/

I found the videos to be helpful. You will feel a little silly though ;p

I have a long way to go myself.

It's not easy, but if you really want to, you can do it! Good luck!
Hi Sis,
I looked at this first video and she looks like she knows what she is doing. I'll try to look into this more. Thanks!Smile

Hi, Sammie,

I've always seen feminine voice as a very important aspect of femininity and at least as big a barrier to passing as height and physique, and most of us don't have your your acting talents and training. My own acting ability is somewhere near absolute zero, inherited I think from my mother. She had a first cousin who was a well known actor who achieved fame if not fortune (he spent it all throwing parties) in Hollywood. My grandparents were keen on her pursuing some sort of career and the principal of a drama school, on discovering the relationship, was only to keen to take her on. The experience was not a success for either of them. Another cousin (legally so at least) traded on the name and relationship to set up a drama school of her own in Canada, much to the indignation of my mother because although that cousin was born in wedlock, her legal father was far away in the army at the time of her conception during WW1.

I've tried practicing while driving alone in the car, or while on the riding mower, but the results are as depressing as my original cross dressing experiments. On the other hand voice is definitely an aspect of feminisation (why does the spell checker on this board flag this and some other related words? Even changing the 's' to a 'z' or adding an extra 'in' doesn't satisfy it) which it would be nice to achieve to some extent, even if I talk only to myself.Shy

Oooh, Annie, I am dying to know who it was! You tease, you.Tongue
But thanks for seeing my point. I will keep working on it, but it is daunting. As Sarah observed, and doubtless knows from experience, it is really tough starting out and not feeling really silly (Kudos to you big time, Sarah!)
I really loved what Jeto was able to do in this regard in Dallas Buyers Club!!!Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon