Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Feminine voice

Anybody out there doing the feminine voice training thing? I've got the "Find Your Female Voice" training program on DVD/CD and like it. The drills can be rather monotonous, but are helping to move my voice up to the top of my throat where it needs to originate from to sound the least bit feminine. Adding breathiness is also important along with varying the pitch and word emphasis. Fortunately, my wife doesn't mind me using my 'other voice' around her, but I've yet to used it without conscious effort. I noticed at the TG support group we belong to that only one or two of the girls sound really feminine. I'm guessing that voice is one of the hardest things to correct next to a male bone structure.

Even if you are not planning to transition all the way, is developing a feminine sounding voice important to you?

Clara Smile

If i ended up going the whole way with transitioning and grs i would want to make sure i did all i could to appear to others as a normal bio female, it would make life a lot simpler if theres never any doubt in peoples mind that you are female, so things like facial surgery and voice training would be in there, i have been simply amazed looking at some peoples transitions just how good they look afterwards, you really would not know they where born with a bio male body, most of these started young though, its a shame i couldnt find the courage in my teenage years to talk to my parents then rather than supress it

(29-05-2014, 02:29 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  Anybody out there doing the feminine voice training thing? I've got the "Find Your Female Voice" training program on DVD/CD and like it. The drills can be rather monotonous, but are helping to move my voice up to the top of my throat where it needs to originate from to sound the least bit feminine. Adding breathiness is also important along with varying the pitch and word emphasis. Fortunately, my wife doesn't mind me using my 'other voice' around her, but I've yet to used it without conscious effort. I noticed at the TG support group we belong to that only one or two of the girls sound really feminine. I'm guessing that voice is one of the hardest things to correct next to a male bone structure.

Even if you are not planning to transition all the way, is developing a feminine sounding voice important to you?

Clara Smile

Yes Tongue. Basically whenever I say something outside of my more feminine voice,I do the tone humming of the correct pitch in or out of my head and repeat the phrase it in my feminine voice, whatever it is. This is only possible without seeming insane to other people when I am alone though. It often tends to be profanity while I am driving.

My pronunciation of the word "fucking" is top notch at this point, which is good because, as I suppose you will see, it is one of my favorites among other people as well. I'm classy. (Wow, that reads slutty lmao)

Anyways, the idea is that if I constantly correct myself eventually I'll get tired of having to, and subconsciously use the "correct" voice. It seems to be working fairly well so far, although I'm blessed with a non-deep voice to begin with.

Having actually heard Sarahs voice, I can vouch for her sounding every bit as feminine as she appears. Wink
And she does say "fucking" very well! Tee hee

(29-05-2014, 07:49 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Having actually heard Sarahs voice, I can vouch for her sounding every bit as feminine as she appears. Wink

Sammie is just being nice because she knows I really sound like a gay lumberjack. Sad

(29-05-2014, 08:49 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(29-05-2014, 07:49 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  Having actually heard Sarahs voice, I can vouch for her sounding every bit as feminine as she appears. Wink

Sammie is just being nice because she knows I really sound like a gay lumberjack. Sad

If thats true, Sarah, then its a lesbian lumberjack and a really cute and femme one at that...lol

Big Grin

Ah the lumberjack song....loved it, but always fleet a tad self conscious when the second verse started!

Anyway, for the benefit of the group, I'm using the Katie Perez EVA ap on my Ipad. So far so good. I can exercise good pitch control, but that's partly because my natural voice, particularly my singing voice is a tenor...I can nail Paul McCarney or Billy Joel. But the aps do provide really good techniques and I feel I'm making progress towards a consistently pleasant, feminine speaking voice. Now, if I could just hit that last note in Blue Bayou like Linda Rohnstad.

I can also say I know for a fact Sarah sounds exactly like a chick. As in I thought I had accidentally called a girl I worked with the other day. True story.

(05-06-2014, 03:56 AM)echapman Wrote:  I can also say I know for a fact Sarah sounds exactly like a chick. As in I thought I had accidentally called a girl I worked with the other day. True story.

Emily, Sarah is a girl...she just needs her plumbing brought in line.Big Grin

(05-06-2014, 04:11 AM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  
(05-06-2014, 03:56 AM)echapman Wrote:  I can also say I know for a fact Sarah sounds exactly like a chick. As in I thought I had accidentally called a girl I worked with the other day. True story.

Emily, Sarah is a girl...she just needs her plumbing brought in line.Big Grin

Oh, you two!!Blush

*hugs*

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon